You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
anonym_cMx2OCQOJuRT

Last windows update includes anti game cheating programing.

35 comments in this topic

Members
402 posts

I think WG would be in a good place if they started using this. Last windows update included this as part of windows and gaming companies can require it to be turned on for their games to work. If you shut it off the game will not launch.

https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/desktop/mt808781(v=vs.85).aspx

• Cool 3

[NSEW]
Members
2,909 posts
12,205 battles

No, sorry. Just another (un)usable resource taking up background tasks. I disagree.

I have not experienced any cheats within the game since I started playing. Over 3k games on one account so far.

• Cool 2

Members
1,881 posts
7,191 battles
4 minutes ago, LowSpeed_US said:

No, sorry. Just another (un)usable resource taking up background tasks. I disagree.

I have not experienced any cheats within the game since I started playing. Over 3k games on one account so far.

It uses very little resources. So little that you will not even notice it. A whole bunch of gaming companies have already decided to start using it. I would not be surprised to see WG join that list. The reviews from some testing labs say it works really well at detecting stuff. Guess we shall see. I have to have it on for one of the games i play. It does not affect my gaming at all. I just leave it on all the time. 

Edited by Shadow_NA

[PSP]
[PSP]
Members
19,325 posts
3 minutes ago, LowSpeed_US said:

I've not seen any evidence of blatant hacks, which would be the only thing that this feature would be able to detect. However, there may be more subtle cheating sometimes, like with bots that are programmed to farm XP.

[BS]
[BS]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
151 posts
6,530 battles

No.

Just no.

[NSEW]
Members
2,909 posts
12,205 battles
4 minutes ago, Shadow_NA said:

It uses very little resources. So little that you will not even notice it. A whole bunch of gaming companies have already decided to start using it. I would not be surprised to see WG join that list. The reviews from some testing labs say it works really well at detecting stuff. Guess we shall see. I have to have it on for one of the games i play. It does not affect my gaming at all. I just leave it on all the time. 

Well, if it takes up such a little space and the game does not allow cheating. Why bother with it at all?

Here's an analogy; My first wife is amazing, but why not a second one? You get my point (joke) hopefully. 

If there are known cheats that shows up in the future, I have confidence in the WG team to deal with it directly. Rather than relying on third party gate keepers.

TLDR: it's unnecessary

• Cool 1

[SYN]
[SYN]
Beta Testers
2,557 posts
15,232 battles

It's for UWP apps only. I double WG is able to make any of its games UWP. Especially WoWs which still uses the outdated Flash based frameworks.

Members
1,881 posts
7,191 battles
10 minutes ago, LowSpeed_US said:

Well, if it takes up such a little space and the game does not allow cheating. Why bother with it at all?

Here's an analogy; My first wife is amazing, but why not a second one? You get my point (joke) hopefully. 

If there are known cheats that shows up in the future, I have confidence in the WG team to deal with it directly. Rather than relying on third party gate keepers.

TLDR: it's unnecessary

Well some of the top gaming companies have enrolled to start using it. Blizzard/Activision is one of them from what i was reading yesterday. So like i said i would not be surprised to see companies like WG to start using it. It lets them stick to using their personal for the game itself and lets Microsoft deal with cheating. 

Edited by Shadow_NA

[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester
29,192 posts
15,767 battles
16 minutes ago, Shadow_NA said:

15 minutes ago, Snargfargle said:

I've not seen any evidence of blatant hacks, which would be the only thing that this feature would be able to detect. However, there may be more subtle cheating sometimes, like with bots that are programmed to farm XP.

The most common cheat you will see in this game is the aim point for guns mod which has been illegal for a long time and is broken with most every patch. It is a cheat of limited use as it is easily defeated by simple course and speed changes.

• Cool 1

Members
6,889 posts
14,874 battles

Allow limited interaction between games and the game monitoring system on Windows 10 PCs.

#1 problem right there - so many players not on Win10 and as mentioned - unlikely the game will ever be UWP game.

[CNO]
Members
7,450 posts
23,087 battles

No.

1. It only applies to Win10.

2. A user can opt out.

3. It will eventually be circumvented.

As for (1), what about all those players that don't have WIN10?  Will they be denied access to the game?

As for (2), if a WIN10 users opts out, putting them in the same boat as prior OS users, will they be denied access to the game?

As for (3), someone will eventually find a work around or a way to "game" the system.

I can't fathom WG REQUIRING WIN10 users to keep this program active in order to play the game when all prior OS users can continue to play without it.  And I can't fathom WG requiring all users to upgrade to WIN10 to play the game.  And if WG can't do that, then all a "cheater" (who is able to get around the current WG control) has to do is either disable the program (if a WIN10 user) or use a prior OS.

Members
1,210 posts
7 minutes ago, Soshi_Sone said:

No.

2. A user can opt out.

As for (1), what about all those players that don't have WIN10?  Will they be denied access to the game?

As for (2), if a WIN10 users opts out, putting them in the same boat as prior OS users, will they be denied access to the game?

As for (3), someone will eventually find a work around or a way to "game" the system.

I can't fathom WG REQUIRING WIN10 users to keep this program active in order to play the game when all prior OS users can continue to play without it.  And I can't fathom WG requiring all users to upgrade to WIN10 to play the game.  And if WG can't do that, then all a "cheater" (who is able to get around the current WG control) has to do is either disable the program (if a WIN10 user) or use a prior OS.

Just short of 3 months ago our firm sent us to a tech conference in LA and from what most program developers said the future is coming and soon you will need windows 10 or what comes after it to run most of what is being created that runs off windows. The days of XP - Windows 8 are coming to an end and it will be sooner than later from what was said there. 

Members
575 posts
3,075 battles
22 minutes ago, Soshi_Sone said:

No.

2. A user can opt out.

You can get WIN 10 for free, probably not now, but they gave out thousands upon thousands of copies of WIN 10 for all kinds of windows users, you just had to accept an enrollment policy. It went on for over a year.

How anyone can claim they need to run an older OS, or didn't have access to Win 10 is pretty weak.

I am running three copies of WIN 10, that we obtained for zero cost on machines that were upgraded from XP or Win 7.

Alpha Tester
7,170 posts
4,070 battles

A tracking tool fie Microsoft to spy on your system?

You mean like cookies, and all the other junk thrown on your machine by nearly every website you visit?

Suddenly being concerned over online privacy because of an anti-cheat tool is a bit ironic. It's like using a credit or debit card, and owning a cell phone while being opposed to the new License IDs because they could be used to track you.

Don't make mountains out of molehills. The right to online privacy was a war fought and lost long ago to capitalists infringing on the free market.

• Cool 1

[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester
29,192 posts
15,767 battles
36 minutes ago, BurglarOfBanff_ff said:

Since we got past the first aim assist mod, I've never seen play that would indicate someone was cheating.  Why bother?

Every once in awhile I see something that could be taken as cheating but nothing I can definitely say is.

Members
3,043 posts
10,248 battles
17 minutes ago, SmirkingGerbil said:

I find it interesting that people argue against this so vehemently - hmmmmmm.

I find it just as interesting that people use this disagreement to slide in those oh-so-subtle ad homenims.

As for the topic, I just don't trust Micro$oft to "monitor" anything that is going on in my computer, and neither should anyone else with theirs. No corporation, large or small, should be able to track what you do and how you do it in such a manner; it should be up to us as individuals to make these choices.

[P2W]
[P2W]
Members
1,241 posts
12 minutes ago, zuga_01 said:

I guess it is a tracking tool of microsoft that spies on your system.

That is an apt description of Windows 10, yes.

Members
34,409 posts
10,768 battles
28 minutes ago, SteelClaw said:

Just short of 3 months ago our firm sent us to a tech conference in LA and from what most program developers said the future is coming and soon you will need windows 10 or what comes after it to run most of what is being created that runs off windows. The days of XP - Windows 8 are coming to an end and it will be sooner than later from what was said there. 

I'll be good for awhile. Everything I can or want to play right now runs on Windows 7.

If they do this next year, it'll be 5-6 years before I need to get W10 lol.

Members
6,889 posts
14,874 battles
25 minutes ago, SmirkingGerbil said:

I find it interesting that people argue against this so vehemently - hmmmmmm.

Nothing to go hmmmmm about - literally.

Members
12 posts
375 battles

Well since the biggest online retailer of games Valve Corporation (The creator and parent company of Steam) has already stated they will not be using this software.

I don't think it's going to go over extremely well. And if you want to sell your game via Steam you have to follow their guidelines. Seems to me if a lot of companies decide to use this software they will be limiting the market they can reach quite drastically.

Edited by deicideusa

Members
34,409 posts
10,768 battles
20 minutes ago, SmirkingGerbil said:

You can get WIN 10 for free, probably not now, but they gave out thousands upon thousands of copies of WIN 10 for all kinds of windows users, you just had to accept an enrollment policy. It went on for over a year.

How anyone can claim they need to run an older OS, or didn't have access to Win 10 is pretty weak.

I am running three copies of WIN 10, that we obtained for zero cost on machines that were upgraded from XP or Win 7.

You're not wrong, but WG won't do it (at least with any current games) because of $$$. 

Why would they tell a portion of their customer base that "unless you make a change/purchase that benefits us in no way whatsoever, we're not going to let you give us money"?

Especially not when they hinder their game by allowing it to run on toasters, just so those players can give them money.

Members
49 posts
75 battles
1 hour ago, Shadow_NA said:

Well some of the top gaming companies have enrolled to start using it. Blizzard/Activision is one of them from what i was reading yesterday. So like i said i would not be surprised to see companies like WG to start using it. It lets them stick to using their personal for the game itself and lets Microsoft deal with cheating. 

My only problem is Microsoft simply sucks and I very seriously doubt they can keep cheaters at bay, I mean come on how many background programs that someone might be running will flag the anti-cheat software?  Nope i disagree with being forced to use anything microsoft (we already are stuck with their windows which is bad enough),,,,