Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Zyu

Why is "Saving Transylvania" now Division only?

8 comments in this topic

Beta Testers
715 posts
3,660 battles

I decided to grind a few lines over the last few days vs play the Halloween operation. During the weekend I got 4 stars and figured I'd give the event a break. Today - I get my ships and Cpts ready and select the Operation - Saving Transylvania and see "Battle" is grayed out.

What's the reasoning or rationale behind this, as I see it: Restriction?

I have 1 friend in this game who I've stayed in touch with - any other folks I'm way out of touch with asI was gone from May of 2016 until recently. I'm in no clan and unsure if I have any desire to join one. Even if I was, would I be dependent on asking them to join me to try for 5 stars?

This quite disappointing and a nuisance. I've searched for Div and had folks get tired of waiting. Any suggestions within community as to how I'm supposed to go about gathering folks or joining a Div?

Open this back up please unless there's some GOOD reason for this Restriction!

[WOLF7]
Members
12,620 posts

So, you didn't bother to read anything about the events, and didn't know that they were scenario rotations and would be treated like that?

And there is a very good reason for it.....Not enough players.....

Edited by awiggin

[SIM]
Members
6,307 posts
10,286 battles

Saving Transylvania is no longer the current OP, and you need a division to play older/not-current operations. 

Beta Testers
635 posts
7,023 battles

I noticed this and I think it may be because this is not the main operation at the moment, and the fact that it is like other operations that are only division only if it is not the main operation at that time.

Beta Testers
715 posts
3,660 battles
6 minutes ago, awiggin said:

So, you didn't bother to read anything about the events, and didn't know that they were scenario rotations and would be treated like that?

And there is a very good reason for it.....Not enough players.....

As I had said I'd been gone forever. No - I did not "bother" to read up on every single tweak, nerf or change to the game, patch notes for the last year++ and added/subtracted feature, news article etc etc.

Forgive my ignorance if you can....

The reason I'm asking in this case is that it's a time sensitive EVENT - It's a holiday operation, not some random OP that will be regularly rotated.

edit: So how about some advice instead of pointing out a hole in my knowledge of the game?

If the very good reason is: "Not enough players" then.... How do I find a random Div? I'd have 99.9% higher success rate sitting in queue for 10 minutes than "Looking for Div" for hours. That reason makes no sense whatsoever in regards to an EVENT Operation.

Edited by Zyu
edit..

[PSP]
[PSP]
Members
19,325 posts
10 minutes ago, Panic512 said:

operations are division only if it is not the main operation at that time.

:Smile_great:

This, it's the way it's always been with non-current scenarios. I think WG does it this way so that people don't have to sit around waiting for someone to show up for a scenario that very few have any interest in playing at the time.

Edited by Snargfargle

Beta Testers
635 posts
7,023 battles
5 minutes ago, Zyu said:

As I had said I'd been gone forever. No - I did not "bother" to read up on every single tweak, nerf or change to the game, patch notes for the last year++ and added/subtracted feature, news article etc etc.

Forgive my ignorance if you can....

The reason I'm asking in this case is that it's a time sensitive EVENT - It's a holiday operation, not some random OP that will be regularly rotated.

edit: So how about some advice instead of pointing out a hole in my knowledge of the game?

If the very good reason is: "Not enough players" then.... How do I find a random Div? I'd have 99.9% higher success rate sitting in queue for 10 minutes than "Looking for Div" for hours. That reason makes no sense whatsoever in regards to an EVENT Operation.

Well that is where things are different. Even though its a holiday operation, it is placed like a normal OP, so it is up for a certain amount of time, then it rotated with the Sunray in Darkness or Part 2 and it then became limited to just divisions. And you would probably be waiting longer than 10 minutes to find a team, simply because there a more people in the current OP because of the rewards that you can gain from it as compared to the part 1 operation.

Members
34,409 posts
10,768 battles
2 hours ago, Zyu said:

If the very good reason is: "Not enough players" then.... How do I find a random Div? 

You don't. You'll have to actively look for other players looking to do the same thing.

I'm sure you could find 6 other players here, that didn't 5-star it, and would like to.

Sign in to follow this