You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Kitsunelegend

WG you sneaky SNEAKY bugger!

17 comments in this topic

[FOXEH]
Beta Testers
6,103 posts
1,313 battles

I'm FAIRLY certain the St Louis never had transparent bridge windows before now.

sXxfhQ5.jpg

Now get moving on adding that must have feature to all the other older ships WG! As a collector of ships I require it! :Smile_izmena:

[-K-]
Members
8,491 posts
14,883 battles

Judging by this early game photo, it appears that you're correct.

maxresdefault.jpg

[PSP]
[PSP]
Members
13,673 posts

I enjoy looking at the detail of many of these ship models. WG has really put some effort into them.

• Cool 1

[CUTE]
Supertester, In AlfaTesters
2,046 posts
11,364 battles

Look at the benson the USN one is the old model and the pan Asia one is new, and or the kag/Harekaze 

[VVV]
[VVV]
Members
808 posts
15,207 battles
14 minutes ago, LaffeyKaiNi said:

Look at the benson the USN one is the old model and the pan Asia one is new, and or the kag/Harekaze 

Actually the Pan Asia tier 8 is a Gleaves class they followed the Benson and directly preceded Fletcher 

[FOXEH]
Beta Testers
6,103 posts
1,313 battles

Ok so, the ONLY other ship I was able to find that has been updated with transparent bridge windows is the Mikasa.

RvErxXr.jpg

Its hard to tell from this angle and because the windows themselves are rather small, but they are in fact transparent. And I know for a FACT the Mikasa didn't originally come with transparent windows!

This is seriously cool though, and I really hope WG adds this to more ships, especially the older ship models as they aren't quite up to snuff as the newer ones. *cough*Iowa*cough*

• Cool 1

[CUTE]
Supertester, In AlfaTesters
2,046 posts
11,364 battles
4 minutes ago, yamato6945 said:

Actually the Pan Asia tier 8 is a Gleaves class they followed the Benson and directly preceded Fletcher 

Pretty much the same ship benson/greaves/Bristol/Livermore haha, but the bridge on both is the same that’s why I said it.

[WOLF6]
Members
462 posts
3,462 battles

WG makes subtle changes to older ship models just about every major patch.  They usually have a blurb at the bottom of the patch notes.  This change is likely from 0.6.11, which has the following at the bottom:

Ship Appearance Changes

Improved appearance of tier I and II ships with better rendering of thin elements like rigging. This correction won't affect performance:

• Wickes, Wakatake, Derzki, St. Louis, Kolberg, Tenryu, Bogatyr, South Carolina, Nassau, Kawachi

Members
650 posts
1,842 battles
11 minutes ago, yamato6945 said:

Benson and Gleaves classes were identical in appearance except one had flat funnel sides and one had rounded. All other differences were in the internal machinery configuration, which is obviously invisible in the model in the game. 

[KIA-T]
Members
2,237 posts
9,838 battles

Comparing the Bridges of Iowa and Missouri with those transparent windows..

Montana still has em as well, for reasons unknown, I would love to see transparent Montana.

[FOXEH]
Beta Testers
6,103 posts
1,313 battles
13 minutes ago, ZoomieG said:

WG makes subtle changes to older ship models just about every major patch.  They usually have a blurb at the bottom of the patch notes.  This change is likely from 0.6.11, which has the following at the bottom:

Ship Appearance Changes

Improved appearance of tier I and II ships with better rendering of thin elements like rigging. This correction won't affect performance:

• Wickes, Wakatake, Derzki, St. Louis, Kolberg, Tenryu, Bogatyr, South Carolina, Nassau, Kawachi

Yeah, but this is saying for "thin elements" so I always assume its for the cables, railings, and other really thing rope like stuff. Would be nice if WG actually wrote out a little more detail on whats changing...

Also I'm fairly certain I checked the Wickes and I dont think its bridge windows were transparent... I'll have to check again later

Members
6,168 posts
7,861 battles
On 10/26/2017 at 0:01 PM, LaffeyKaiNi said:

Actually, Harekaze is a higher res model compared to Kagero. It has nearly twice the poly count I believe. Just compare the two in port and you can see that small details on Harekaze are actually part of the model, whereas on Kagero they're part of the textures.

So in other words, WG needs to get on with updating Kagero's model.

Edited by GhostSwordsman

[---]
Banned
6,739 posts
9,048 battles
18 hours ago, yamato6945 said:

If you mean lo-yang she is the USS benson herself, flat out. 

[VVV]
[VVV]
Members
808 posts
15,207 battles
3 hours ago, Raptor_alcor said:

If you mean lo-yang she is the USS benson herself, flat out. 

No the tech tree one that's USS Macomb a Gleaves class 

Edited by yamato6945

Members
2,614 posts
3,604 battles

Missouri also has transparent bridge windows, where Iowa does not.

Missouri also has all sorts of goodies visible in the bridge. Radar screens, sound powered phones, binnacle, fire extinguishers...