Jump to content
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Woodpecker_hero

anti-aircraft gun of Japan Destroyer

23 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

Members
14 posts

If you change the specification of anti-aircraft gun with update 0.6.13

You should also add anti-aircraft the expendables to Japanese destroyers that are said to have strong

anti-aircraft guns

It is HSF Harekaze and Akizuki

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,060
[GGWP]
Beta Testers
2,379 posts
14,209 battles
1 minute ago, Woodpecker_hero said:

If you change the specification of anti-aircraft gun with update 0.6.13

You should also add anti-aircraft the expendables to Japanese destroyers that are said to have strong

anti-aircraft guns

It is HSF Harekaze and Akizuki

 

AD692BD9-AF62-4ECA-8500-6CF61C2A28B6.jpeg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33
[OBS]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
184 posts
8,928 battles

Pretty sure what he's saying is that if they are buffing some of the DD AA, why not add the DF AA consumable to those two aformentioned IJN destroyers which are supposed to have decent AA.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
593
[USCG]
Members
1,005 posts
31,562 battles

Acronym time!!  IDK... IMO, IJN DDs are OK WTE of some of the lower tiered ships.  LMNOP... (that's just the alphabet part I like). 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3,287
[WG-CC]
-Members-, Members
9,101 posts
8,050 battles

The AA guns themselves remain unaffected, it's only the AA-consumable which receives a buff.

And it would be difficult to add Defensive Fire to the Akizuki, since she already has four Consumables which is the max you will see on any ship in the game. You would have to trade one Consumable, which in the case of the other Destroyer lines would be the Speed boost. With a stock Speed of 33 knots (which is ten knots slower than some other DDs she can face) she Needs that boost.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,562
[SYN]
Members
8,292 posts
14,496 battles
18 minutes ago, SireneRacker said:

The AA guns themselves remain unaffected, it's only the AA-consumable which receives a buff.

And it would be difficult to add Defensive Fire to the Akizuki, since she already has four Consumables which is the max you will see on any ship in the game. You would have to trade one Consumable, which in the case of the other Destroyer lines would be the Speed boost. With a stock Speed of 33 knots (which is ten knots slower than some other DDs she can face) she Needs that boost.

 

This pretty much sums it all up. No way would I give up any of the existing consumables on my Akizuki for DF, that speed boost is very needed.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
0
[KSE]
Members
4 posts
7,380 battles
30 minutes ago, SireneRacker said:

The AA guns themselves remain unaffected, it's only the AA-consumable which receives a buff.

And it would be difficult to add Defensive Fire to the Akizuki, since she already has four Consumables which is the max you will see on any ship in the game. You would have to trade one Consumable, which in the case of the other Destroyer lines would be the Speed boost. With a stock Speed of 33 knots (which is ten knots slower than some other DDs she can face) she Needs that boost.

Understandable, however historically the Akizuki-class, and subsequently the Fuyutsuki and Michitsuki -class destroyers were all designed for the purpose of anti-aircraft escort ships and then later modified as anti-submarine warfare ships. As they were mostly made to keep pace with the slower fleet carriers, battleships, and cruisers, they were not designed with speed and maneuverability in mind. 

Although you can have an AA support build for the Akizuki-class or HSF Harekaze, you're giving up too many other captain skills that you need for those ships; Concealment Expert, Superintendent, Radio Location, Etc. 

With carrier players dwindling on NA server, AA builds aren't as viable, and with this buff to Defensive AA consumable and the nerf to stealth firing AA, this makes Benson all the more viable AA escort ship.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
14 posts

I thought this was necessary

”Pretty sure what he's saying is that if they are buffing some of the DD AA, why not add the DF AA consumable to those two aformentioned IJN destroyers which are supposed to have decent AA. ”

Thanks DeathSniper

The position of the torpedo booster is suitable for AA.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3,287
[WG-CC]
-Members-, Members
9,101 posts
8,050 battles
6 minutes ago, Yuri_Yamato said:

Understandable, however historically the Akizuki-class, and subsequently the Fuyutsuki and Michitsuki -class destroyers were all designed for the purpose of anti-aircraft escort ships and then later modified as anti-submarine warfare ships. As they were mostly made to keep pace with the slower fleet carriers, battleships, and cruisers, they were not designed with speed and maneuverability in mind. 

Although you can have an AA support build for the Akizuki-class or HSF Harekaze, you're giving up too many other captain skills that you need for those ships; Concealment Expert, Superintendent, Radio Location, Etc. 

With carrier players dwindling on NA server, AA builds aren't as viable, and with this buff to Defensive AA consumable and the nerf to stealth firing AA, this makes Benson all the more viable AA escort ship.

In Random Battles it would be quite ineffective to use an AA escort DD, especially with Benson which would lose 1/5 of it's firepower.

All of the AA on Benson stands and falls with it's Defensive Fire. So you pay a lot to get this AA, arguably more than you would have to pay for getting Akizuki's AA to a decent Level.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3,287
[WG-CC]
-Members-, Members
9,101 posts
8,050 battles
14 minutes ago, Woodpecker_hero said:

The position of the torpedo booster is suitable for AA.

Right now the Akizuki has ~75% of the Torpedo power of a Kagerou, this includes the Torpedo Booster already. And to be completely honest, Kagerou is by far not the best Torpedo boat at that Tier.

Akizuki can not adapt the playstyle that Russian DDs have, it lacks the Speed. It also Needs to fire Torpedoes to be able to deal with larger Units. And that is why the Torpedo Booster is so important.

Sure you could give the Option to swap it out, but I doupt that it would be used in any significant numbers. Defensive Fire is a situational tool, it requires an aircraft Carrier or a lot of spotter planes to be worth it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35
[-CHH-]
Members
89 posts
4,243 battles
3 hours ago, Woodpecker_hero said:

If you change the specification of anti-aircraft gun with update 0.6.13

You should also add anti-aircraft the expendables to Japanese destroyers that are said to have strong

anti-aircraft guns

It is HSF Harekaze and Akizuki

I agree, as long as the Akizuki trades something to get DFAA (such as smoke, TRB or speed boost).  It already has a full rack of consumables; I feel the TRB should go if the captain of said Akizuki wants to focus on picket/escort duty, as it is so slow it needs the speed boost to keep up with the faster ships in the game, and the smoke is a necessity when forced to operate alone in maps where islands are scarce (or non-existent).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12
[SG]
Beta Testers
61 posts
9,067 battles

People tend to forget, or simply don't know, that good AA for an IJN destroyer was pretty anemic when compared to US and RN destroyers. VT proximity rounds were what made destroyer AA viable in any significant way.  Akizuki already represents far better AA than she actually had. 

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
409
[GLF]
Members
1,351 posts
24,202 battles

I would/will spec DFAA on my Hari and Aki (once i finish the shirat grind) no matter what slot it would be presented in.   I spec AA above all other priorities, lol. 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,593
[CRMSN]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
6,021 posts
4,739 battles
6 hours ago, FireAndHEspam said:

 

AD692BD9-AF62-4ECA-8500-6CF61C2A28B6.jpeg

Hes talking about this.
 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Beta Testers
207 posts
7,727 battles
7 hours ago, Tsarn said:

People tend to forget, or simply don't know, that good AA for an IJN destroyer was pretty anemic when compared to US and RN destroyers. VT proximity rounds were what made destroyer AA viable in any significant way.  Akizuki already represents far better AA than she actually had. 

 

People also tend to forget, or simply don't know, that despite their claims WG bends or breaks "historical accuracy" all the time for the various ship classes. Or are you forgetting that the secondary Russian destroyer line gets Defensive Fire as an option, despite the Russian navy of the time basically being virtually nonexistent, let alone mounting good AA guns or shells? Or that the AA rockets on Hood were a completely and utterly worthless AA system in real life, but in-game they're utterly ludicrous DPS on top of granting DF to the ship?

 

Akizuki is literally described in its description in-game as being an AA-focused destroyer, and yet has no access to the consumable when it's nonsensically on lines it shouldn't be. Stating "this ship is focused on supporting the fleet against air attacks" and then making it basically incapable of doing so, is incredibly disingenuous. It would be simple to make it an option to swap it out the torpedo reload booster, but for whatever reason WG hasn't.

Edited by NozTheWhiteDawn

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
373
[P2W]
[P2W]
Members
1,241 posts
11 hours ago, Woodpecker_hero said:

If you change the specification of anti-aircraft gun with update 0.6.13

You should also add anti-aircraft the expendables to Japanese destroyers that are said to have strong

anti-aircraft guns

It is HSF Harekaze and Akizuki

Akizuki is probably the only one in the entire line and one of the only ones I've never played. 99.99% of the time my AA guns stay off (press P) in IJN DD. Spotted and you're dead, usually instantly.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
403
Members
926 posts
5,744 battles
8 hours ago, Tsarn said:

People tend to forget, or simply don't know, that good AA for an IJN destroyer was pretty anemic when compared to US and RN destroyers. VT proximity rounds were what made destroyer AA viable in any significant way.  Akizuki already represents far better AA than she actually had. 

Helps the US too. IJN 25mm are already about as gimped as they can be. Akizuki has nearly 40 25mm guns for a whopping 75DPS. This is about half the DPS, gun for gun, of the US Oerlikon. Historically both guns were garbage at shooting down planes for the amount of lead they'd put up.

 

1 hour ago, NozTheWhiteDawn said:

Or that the AA rockets on Hood were a completely and utterly worthless AA system in real life, but in-game they're utterly ludicrous DPS on top of granting DF to the ship?

DF on Hood is literally for the rockets, it doesn't effect any of the other AA.

Edited by ksix

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,782
[WOLF2]
Beta Testers
6,749 posts
15,672 battles
26 minutes ago, ksix said:

Helps the US too. IJN 25mm are already about as gimped as they can be. Akizuki has nearly 40 25mm guns for a whopping 75DPS. This is about half the DPS, gun for gun, of the US Oerlikon. Historically both guns were garbage at shooting down planes for the amount of lead they'd put up.

The 20mm was a superb AA weapon against planes in its effective range. 

 

The 20mm had 60 and 100 round drums. The 25mm had 20 round box magazines. 

 

More importantly, the 20mm wasn't the best AA gun the USN had on their ships. The 25mm was the most effective AA gun the IJN had. The double and triple mounts were notoriously ineffective. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
14 posts

update 0.6.13 US / Soviet destroyer 4 times anti-aircraft defense shooting effect

The discovery distance of anti-aircraft guns has increased, but Japanese destroyers can not even scatter torpedoes of lightning strikers

By this, the Japanese destroyer can not do anything if there is an aircraft carrier

I do not think it's fair

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
949 posts
4,357 battles

Been brought up before, the Aki should be able to swap DF for the torp reload as an option, now if anyone would use it is another question, but as a AADD she should have it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×