Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
ROKMC_1172

When can we play the Pan asian destroyer tree?

27 comments in this topic

[PROJX]
Members
1,035 posts
20,445 battles
1 hour ago, ROKMC_1172 said:

6.13? 6.14?

Your speculation that it's one of these two releases is probably correct -

The PT announcement re: 6.13 indicates that this update is "relatively small" which would seem to indicate that the main purpose of this update is minor changes (as outlined in the PT description notes) and the removal of the Halloween events.  Based on the PT period, this Update looks scheduled for Nov 1.

The most likely release vehicle will be 6.14 which will probably be a pre-Thanksgiving drop (sometime around mid-Nov at the earliest to kick off the start of the holiday season).   I was hoping that they might piggyback the Pan-Asians into 6.13, but it looks like WG is doing the safe thing - remove the Halloween code first, then add the new line.

Edited by hangglide42

Members
566 posts
2,106 battles

Looking forward to the new DD line. Not so much the deepwater torpedoes I cannot even hit anything with regular ones. 

[O7]
[O7]
Beta Testers
1,573 posts
9,395 battles
49 minutes ago, MzFortune58 said:

Looking forward to the new DD line. Not so much the deepwater torpedoes I cannot even hit anything with regular ones. 

But you get a big ol aiming aide to help you along. THough in reality you are only going to be hitting 7-9% of all the torps you launch so keep that in mind.

[CUTE]
[CUTE]
Supertester, In AlfaTesters
1,853 posts
10,023 battles

I would think more toward end of November  give people something to do over have holidays.

[RVNHQ]
Members
70 posts
25,857 battles

Dasrksaint1071. I was stationed on 2 FF's back in the 80's, USS Blakely FF 1072, and USS Pharris FF 1094. The only one still around was the Pharris which was sold to Mexico. So hello to a fellow Destroyerman.

[TF57]
Members
1,380 posts
4,100 battles

..they will be released when the deepwater torpedoes are balanced to no longer actually threaten WG's cash cow (BB players)?

Edited by evilleMonkeigh

[CRMSN]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
5,953 posts
4,321 battles

Won't touch the line, its probably the line I am the least thrilled about in the game.But to those who will enjoy it, have fun :) 

[HINON]
Modder, Privateers
6,796 posts
4,616 battles

My guess, beginning of November, that way, there is time to get the French battleships started up and testing.

[SYN]
[SYN]
Members
7,925 posts
12,266 battles

Eh, they were first announced on August 8, and that was 79 days ago. https://forum.worldofwarships.eu/topic/84632-do-you-want-to-wake-the-dragon/

It only took them 60 days to figure out British cruisers which didn't seem to go well, and this is a line where 4 of the high tier ships are practically clones.

Given that German BB took only 45 days in test (though RN BB took 90, possibly because they wanted a Gamescom release period) something seems wrong.

[NNC]
Members
2,091 posts
10,782 battles
1 minute ago, mofton said:

Eh, they were first announced on August 8, and that was 79 days ago. https://forum.worldofwarships.eu/topic/84632-do-you-want-to-wake-the-dragon/

It only took them 60 days to figure out British cruisers which didn't seem to go well, and this is a line where 4 of the high tier ships are practically clones.

Given that German BB took only 45 days in test (though RN BB took 90, possibly because they wanted a Gamescom release period) something seems wrong.

agreed should be next patch or patch after.

[WOLF6]
Members
367 posts
2,955 battles

According to the mission selection screen, the Halloween event is scheduled to be the "scenario of the week" until 8 Nov, so it will have a two week run.  The Halloween containers are also available until then.  I'd guess that's when 6.13 will drop.

Whether the PA DDs drop with it is anyone's guess, but Mofton brings up a great point.  I would guess DWT (Deep Water Torps) have taken longer to look at balance-wise, as it is a substantial change to how most of the DDs in game are able to do damage. 

Well, that and RADAR

[FAE]
Members
2,364 posts
2,886 battles

Do we have any news on the PA DDs? Any news at all? Testing? Are they good? Are DWT just a pain in the butt? 

[AFW-]
Members
972 posts
7,537 battles
10 minutes ago, BlailBlerg said:

Do we have any news on the PA DDs? Any news at all? Testing? Are they good? Are DWT just a pain in the butt? 

Saw the tier 10 DD yesterday (supertest I guess). It killed both the DDs on our team.

[INTEL]
Members
10,669 posts
30,106 battles

Yeesh. Every one of those boats has the gimped deep water torps. What a waste of dev time and effort. 

[FAE]
Members
2,364 posts
2,886 battles
10 hours ago, zuga_01 said:

Saw the tier 10 DD yesterday (supertest I guess). It killed both the DDs on our team.

Was it really good? or did the player just outplay your teams 2 DDs? 

[FAE]
Members
2,364 posts
2,886 battles
12 minutes ago, zuga_01 said:

I guess he was good, It has radar so definitely an advantage.

Used guns only to kill them? 

[AFW-]
Members
972 posts
7,537 battles

Yeah. He killed both our DDs with guns. Our 2nd DD killed it though with flesh wound "with guns" too. I asked the DD what's his radar range but he wouldn't tell because of NDA. But someone else told it was 7 km.

These radar DDs will make other line DDs obsolete me thinks.

Members
81 posts
3,429 battles

Hopefully never!:cap_rambo: They'll be either useless gimmick-botes or pure cancer-botes, and nothing good will come of them. The real ones should have been premiums, and the idea of a complete line never should have seen the light of day.

Edited by Theodosivs_Imperator

[ARGSY]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
6,283 posts
22,542 battles

6.14 is about 3 weeks away. Since they announce the Pan Asian DD for this month it will be end of November.

Sign in to follow this