Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Speedstang

Well this event was a let down

66 comments in this topic

[UEFN]
Members
473 posts
4,274 battles

I opened my pumpkin containers, the one and only reward from this event, hoping for the Nobilium camo for my Lexington or at least a camo for any of the ships in the event. Instead, I got this. 

Spoiler

Gvm0rAt.jpg\

WYTw2Nu.jpg

Vzo48VL.jpg

MZqW1w7.jpg

Sigh. I really don't get why WG went through the trouble of creating this entire event, which is one of the best they've done, only to give 5 containers as a reward, which apparently have extremely low chances of giving the main prizes. Guess I won't be getting any camo.

[---]
Banned
6,739 posts
9,050 battles

They created the event to let people enjoy themselves and have a side event to distract themselves from the grind. Clearly you are unable to see this and are an extremely selfish person. 

• Cool 16

[INTEL]
[INTEL]
Members
7,680 posts
35,900 battles

I wish I had gotten more camo (got one) and Sierra Mike flags (got none).

Instead I got some skins for ships, including the CV. I don't own any CVs nor do I plan to ever play any CVs again.

Worthless box to me.

You see? It's free, and as he said, you never know what you're gonna get.

[KIA-T]
Members
2,237 posts
9,838 battles
32 minutes ago, Raptor_alcor said:

Clearly you are unable to see this and are an extremely selfish person. 

Needless insult is needless, why must people always resort to this when someone has a differing opinion.

Many other people have echoed that receiving only 5 chances to get the container is unfair/a letdown/whatever, and in my opinion its true.

It doest help that the only way to get them is through RNG, and that for more than 5 chances they have to fork out enough money to almost purchase the USS Missouri for another 50crates, which is the worst case scenario.

If the camos were optionally purchasable for an amount of doubloons, or you could get more containers, say 1 per star per day, then there would be less of these threads.

• Cool 3

[OVRPN]
Members
760 posts

they created an event to farm whales in the store.

plus I won a camo for a ship I will never ever own; I do not play DDs

Edited by fourteenfour

[NATO]
Beta Testers
2,208 posts
7,500 battles
5 minutes ago, Akeno017 said:

Needless insult is needless, why must people always resort to this when someone has a differing opinion.

Many other people have echoed that receiving only 5 chances to get the container is unfair/a letdown/whatever, and in my opinion its true.

It doest help that the only way to get them is through RNG, and that for more than 5 chances they have to fork out enough money to almost purchase the USS Missouri for another 50crates, which is the worst case scenario.

If the camos were optionally purchasable for an amount of doubloons, or you could get more containers, say 1 per star per day, then there would be less of these threads.

Perhaps he, like many of us, is sick of people complaining about not getting the free stuff, or not enough free stuff, or not good enough free stuff. To the OP's credit, he did acknowledge this is their best event, and I agree with that.

Its funny to see so many people playing CV. At one point there were over 40 CV players in the queue and less than 10 combined in the other 3.

[WG-CC]
Privateers, Members
9,091 posts
7,978 battles

For some People it's bad, for some People it's good. It's like a Supercontainer.

We all have some things that we would consider very good and some Things that we would consider as worthless. That's just how life works, you can't get it all. At least you got Camouflage that significantly improves your ship and Captain grind, it could be a lot worse.

[---]
Banned
6,739 posts
9,050 battles
15 minutes ago, Akeno017 said:

I'm going to be extremely blunt: I have NO care for those who expect more than they really should. That's called entitlement which NONE of us are allowed to really have. I expected a repeat of last year, a rather fun event that gave bare bones rewards. I got more than I expected. 

[---]
Banned
6,739 posts
9,050 battles
5 minutes ago, hipcanuck said:

Perhaps he, like many of us, is sick of people complaining about not getting the free stuff, or not enough free stuff, or not good enough free stuff. To the OP's credit, he did acknowledge this is their best event, and I agree with that.

Its funny to see so many people playing CV. At one point there were over 40 CV players in the queue and less than 10 combined in the other 3.

it's this in a nutshell. Free stuff is free stuff and the rewards this time is SO much better than last years halloween which was an event that encouraged vile selfishness to get camo, rather than completing the event. 

[TSF_1]
Members
3,301 posts
7,732 battles

I was happy to get 20k FXP, and I've still got a star to go. Besides, the second op has good base rewards compared to the first one.

[PROJX]
Members
1,115 posts
28,660 battles
1 hour ago, Speedstang said:

I opened my pumpkin containers, the one and only reward from this event, hoping for the Nobilium camo for my Lexington or at least a camo for any of the ships in the event. Instead, I got this. 

Hide contents

Gvm0rAt.jpg\

WYTw2Nu.jpg

Vzo48VL.jpg

MZqW1w7.jpg

Sigh. I really don't get why WG went through the trouble of creating this entire event, which is one of the best they've done, only to give 5 containers as a reward, which apparently have extremely low chances of giving the main prizes. Guess I won't be getting any camo.

Hey Speedstang - I'm not sure if you've gotten to this point in the game (I noticed you have 1800 battles), but these cammos (100% XP boost) & Flags (20% HP gain on heal) actually are pretty good - especially when you're grinding for your T9/10 ships & the flags are very useful if you like to play BBs.

[HINON]
Alpha Tester
24,716 posts
19,912 battles
36 minutes ago, fourteenfour said:

they created an event to farm whales in the store.

8NgkZwD.jpg

• Cool 1

Members
575 posts
3,075 battles

20K FXP, and other goodies - what the heck is there to be disappointed with? All for playing a scenario and rolling the dice.

In the declaration of public accountability, I am no whale. Between WoT and this game, probably a large Tarpon.

[KIA-T]
Members
2,237 posts
9,838 battles
45 minutes ago, Raptor_alcor said:

I'm going to be extremely blunt: I have NO care for those who expect more than they really should. That's called entitlement which NONE of us are allowed to really have. I expected a repeat of last year, a rather fun event that gave bare bones rewards. I got more than I expected. 

Im going to be extremely blunt, the phrase entitlement is thrown out far too much in the forums to put down issues which are brought up.

I played enough Star Trek Online, Onigiri and others to know that RNG rewards are largely disliked, and that the camoflages, which have been asked for since the 1st Halloween event, putting them into RNG containers, instead of letting us pay 4k doubloons to just buy them, is nothing but a blatant cash grab, which I wouldn't mind if it was 4k doubloons and not earnable, but to put it behind not only a pay wall but a lotto as well is too far, considering that reason for this is that we "earn" 5 containers to win them in, which aren't even daily rewards.

[---]
Banned
6,739 posts
9,050 battles
3 minutes ago, Akeno017 said:

Im going to be extremely blunt, the phrase entitlement is thrown out far too much in the forums to put down issues which are brought up.

I played enough Star Trek Online, Onigiri and others to know that RNG rewards are largely disliked, and that the camoflages, which have been asked for since the 1st Halloween event, putting them into RNG containers, instead of letting us pay 4k doubloons to just buy them, is nothing but a blatant cash grab, which I wouldn't mind if it was 4k doubloons and not earnable, but to put it behind not only a pay wall but a lotto as well is too far, considering that reason for this is that we "earn" 5 containers to win them in, which aren't even daily rewards.

A cash grab it may be, but it might as well not exist for how some people are talking. "Oh I didn't get what I wanted, why does this even exist in the first place" so wargaming can get a spare cushion of money in case something goes sour on the front of any of the games considering they put a sizable ammount of effort into WoWP 2.0 and an unknown ammount of development funds. 

[O7]
[O7]
Beta Testers
1,615 posts
10,339 battles

I only see 4 crates, don't be slacken go for all 5. I got 3-4 camos and I didn't particularly want any of them.....

[-MOS-]
Alpha Tester
451 posts
4,072 battles

Then there's my friend who says, "I only really want that Benson camouflage, if I get that I'll be happy", and proceeds to obtain it in the first container. :cap_wander:

[KIA-T]
Members
2,237 posts
9,838 battles
4 minutes ago, Raptor_alcor said:

A cash grab it may be, but it might as well not exist for how some people are talking. "Oh I didn't get what I wanted, why does this even exist in the first place" so wargaming can get a spare cushion of money in case something goes sour on the front of any of the games considering they put a sizable ammount of effort into WoWP 2.0 and an unknown ammount of development funds. 

I'm sure that with over 5 new premium ships coming out, they are not in need of a cushion of money, if they don't already have a large one already.

[---]
Banned
6,739 posts
9,050 battles
Just now, Akeno017 said:

I'm sure that with over 5 new premium ships coming out, they are not in need of a cushion of money, if they don't already have a large one already.

I'm not willing to make such blind assumptions about a company I have NO (known) access to premium sales or general expenditures but I'm happy you're arrogant enough to think you do have enough information to know they are indeed without needing that cushion. 

[OBS]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
184 posts
8,884 battles

I thought this event was great.  I was a bit low on doubloons so I opened up the WoWS webpage and clicked on some buttons and I got all the camos and bunch of other stuff.  Not sure what this 'scenario' thing is though...  (fyi I think most of the camos are butt ugly)

[KIA-T]
Members
2,237 posts
9,838 battles
Just now, Raptor_alcor said:

I'm not willing to make such blind assumptions about a company I have NO (known) access to premium sales or general expenditures but I'm happy you're arrogant enough to think you do have enough information to know they are indeed without needing that cushion. 

Again you resort to insults to supplement your argument.

While I of course have no information on their sales or anything, with the introduction of new HD maps for WoT, a complete revamp of WoWS, and at least 5 new premium ships coming out for WoWS, including its 2nd T9 premium Musashi, which I will be happily buying, they also provided us with this event, which has a large amount of visuals, which no doubt required time as well as british bbs and pan Asian dds. The amount of content put out recently by this company is a clear indicator its not in financial trouble, previous experience with dying MMOs is that content completely dries out, in PotBS, PotCO and STO examples, although STO isn't really there yet, and still has life left in it.

[KIA-T]
Members
2,237 posts
9,838 battles

I should probably mention, I in no way dislike this event, in fact, par the Dunkirk operation its my favourite operation based event we've had so far, and have played enough to get 5 stars on it with my clan mates.

Members
4,203 posts
8,877 battles

Well I enjoyed getting the four crates that did get, and I am going to try to get the last star. I was a big naysayer for the first half of the event, and I was wrong!

I understand why it was not repeatable, I wish now WG would have offer some of the event's Permanent camos for sale. But I am going to try for that last star and hope for an Igor, or an Jackal if not it still was fun.:cap_like:

• Cool 1

Sign in to follow this