Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
BruDog1970

Seeking Halloween part 2 spec recommendations

9 comments in this topic

[DNTZ]
Members
420 posts
21,958 battles

I am most interested in CA and BB, but any opinions welcome as it might help others.

I want to spec my commander before I give it a try, so I am curious of what the "must use" skills are as well as upgrade slots.

I am thinking (likely one 1, two 2s, two 3s, and two 4's):

1 - Priority or Prevent  (not sure how often modules are getting knocked out)

2 - Expert Mark/Adren Rush, maybe last stand on CA

3 - Demo, BFT, maybe super on BB

4 - AFT, maybe Man Sec on BB, maybe Fire Prev

No idea on upgrade slots...

Any help appreciated.

[SSG]
Alpha Tester
5,194 posts
12,101 battles

Get prevent, you have the credits also get main armament or sec mods depending what you want, 3 times I took out the BB, 2 I lost both torp tubes completely, and several times turrets were knocked out. Expert should basically be mandatory because more rotation speed never hurts. Adren can be useful, especially because your health gets low you have heals that can get it back up after stomping some things. BFT maybe for AA and AFT is questionable. Here's my issue with possible sec build on the BB. I went tat way because it said nearest real world counterpart was Tirpitz. Tier 8 so -60% dispersion, things gonna get shredded. Problem is that's a lie when it comes to secondaries. A full build gets you maybe 5 km and change of range and man sec couldn't seem to score hits on targets normally withered by the fire unless I'm losing that many secondary guns even with prevention.

IFHE, especially on the cruiser, can certainly be your friend. Super is always good, can never have too many consumables though, if you go for the cruiser, Radar 4 is worth the 7500 credits for a 45 second down time given it's also unlimited uses. 2 cruisers alternating you can literally have anything inside 15 km permaspotted, and it helps. 

• Cool 1

[K0]
Members
1,755 posts
8,479 battles

EM isn't necessary since its effects will be minimal on turrets that are already quite fast for their classes. AR on the other hand will be helpful, you will be taking a lot of damage and healing it back through dealing damage.

SI goes on every commander for every event ship due to how useful the consumables are. Even the carrier.

Take IFHE for the cruiser, at its heart it's a Chappy and it needs the extra pen. Extra points maybe throw them at reducing fire damage.

For BB go survivability, secondaries, or some mix of the two. You're permanently going to be in close quarters and eating lead. If you go secondaries, you need AFT + secondary range module + secondaries flag to push them out to 6km.

• Cool 1

[WAIFU]
[WAIFU]
Members
3,614 posts
15,405 battles

My cruiser build and BB build are basically the same so far:

1: PM

2: JoAT, EM, AR

3: Superintendent

4: FP

Not sure how to spec the last 5... was thinking AFT for the BB and maybe IFHE for the cruiser... but then you're left with one point on what?

Torp reload might be okay on the cruiser but the torp tubes never survive on the BB.

No idea about the DD or CV: don't think the DD is particularly good (as with all operations, right?)

Four stars my best so far, only couldn't save two towers... did get a three where we saved two towers but didn't beat the Gorgon, though.

[WOLFG]
Members
30,754 posts
9,354 battles

BB I went:

-PM (you want to keep as many secondaries up as long as possible)

-EM, AR

-SI, BFT

-AFT, MFCS

upgrades: survivability for secondaries, survivability for rudder, +20% range and dispersion for secondaries, rudder shift, +20% reload for secondaries, and last slot empty. (don't have the credits, and not worried about spotting torps or concealment)

I was going to do the JoAT/HA combo I used on Jackal, but with the super heal and invulnerability, 4 extra seconds of cooldown for DC is no big deal. SI is a must IMO, (as are prem. consumables) as the consumables are virtual super powers.

For the CL, virtually the same, except I traded PM for EL, and AR for LS. BUT, I haven't played it yet, so might trade MFCS for MFAA. (although I think CL secondaries fo further than BB)

Edited by Skpstr

[MPIRE]
[MPIRE]
Members
1,662 posts
24,128 battles

IFHE is a must for the cruiser. There's no good reason not to take it. I think AR is a waste because it's very easy to keep yourself healed in all of these ships unless you're passing like a potatoe. Superintendent is also a must for all of them.

[A-D-F]
Beta Testers
3,252 posts
9,723 battles

For BBs I went with

1- PM

2- EM, HA, JoAT, AR

3- SI, BFT

4- AFT

You can swap HA and AR for IFHE for the secondaries, 6km range is sufficient for the kind of ranges you need to be in for the BB. Do not get manual sec, 6km is hardly an issue for hitting stuff along with the sheer amount of shells being pumped out and that you want both sides of the ship to be able to keep raining shells, plus you need to keep selecting targets all the time.

Fire prevention is largely useless, you're never going to burn for more than 30 sec at any given time in the worst case of fires, your damage control party will reload in about 30 sec, better off using those 4 points elsewhere.

Sign in to follow this