You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Capt_Binkley

Halloween crates... ugh

30 comments in this topic

[GUTS]
Beta Testers
471 posts
10,457 battles

I thoroughly enjoyed the Christmas crates last year.  They were chock full of very useful camos, flags, credits, and ships.  I read through the description of the Halloween crates and thought "ok, there seems to be some good stuff on this list, and a few dogs.  I'll give it a go"

I bought 5 crates from the shop.  What an absolute waste of money.  4 of the 5 are those god-awful, ugly as sin, campaign camos.  Why the heck would I put that on my ship?  They are ugly as can be and do practically nothing to help.  I've got so much camo in my inventory right now that I can't play through it all.  

WG, readjust your award formula.  Flags would be great.  This stuff is just awful.  Worse yet, you won't even let me sell it out of my inventory.  At least let me do that.

• Cool 1

Members
1,726 posts
14,990 battles

Could be worse. Some free XP, 150 flags I have thousands of, and 15 Halloween camos I have hundreds of. I'd trade you that nonsense for the Halloween Event Camos in a heartbeat.

[RLGN]
Members
19,142 posts
35,184 battles

Well; I'll se what happens with any Pumkins I manage to get from the operation, then go from there...

As I said in another thread; about the only camo I want for certain is the St Louis/Igor camo. The only other ship I ever come close to using regularly is Nassau/Jackal. The Bismark and Lexinton camos are distant maybe-sorta-kindas; and I don't much care for the rest.

[WPS]
Members
4,181 posts
9,619 battles

Someone will always complain. I've seen people complaining about getting too few fancy camos and too many now.

I bought the 55 container pack. Netted me 40k doubloons, a ton of free xp/signals/camos, and all the fancy camos (that I might never use). Well worth it imo.

• Cool 2

Members
7,122 posts
26,433 battles
20 minutes ago, Capt_Binkley said:

I thoroughly enjoyed the Christmas crates last year.  They were chock full of very useful camos, flags, credits, and ships.  I read through the description of the Halloween crates and thought "ok, there seems to be some good stuff on this list, and a few dogs.  I'll give it a go"

I bought 5 crates from the shop.  What an absolute waste of money.  4 of the 5 are those god-awful, ugly as sin, campaign camos.  Why the heck would I put that on my ship?  They are ugly as can be and do practically nothing to help.  I've got so much camo in my inventory right now that I can't play through it all.  

WG, readjust your award formula.  Flags would be great.  This stuff is just awful.  Worse yet, you won't even let me sell it out of my inventory.  At least let me do that.

My friend, these lights you see here in Vegas....well, there is a reason they are so bright....just buy some more crates, you will eventually get what you hoped for......After an easy 2k from a play for free game........in for a penny in for a pound..... buy more, buy more often is my motto

Members
5,450 posts
21,046 battles

I would just like the option to pick which halloween premium camo I get. Because I got the Blade and Jackal camos which go on ships I don't own and probably won't be playing. A better system, I think, would be "Hey I just won a premium halloween camo, now which 'One' should I pick. Oh I'll pick the one for my favorite ship I Own."

[CT700]
[CT700]
Members
60 posts
4,495 battles
49 minutes ago, Capt_Binkley said:

5 of 5 cates and got all flags lol. I wanted Perm camo's :( Though I didn't buy them just the 5 from 5 star completion in new scenario woot woot.

[---]
Banned
6,739 posts
10,146 battles

You got free stuff, stop crying about it. You didn't get what you wanted but honestly wargaming could have been stingy and made it so you couldn't have gotten it at all. 

This is the life of gambling dear OP, you will rarely get what you want. 

[GUTS]
Beta Testers
471 posts
10,457 battles
1 minute ago, Raptor_alcor said:

You got free stuff, stop crying about it. You didn't get what you wanted but honestly wargaming could have been stingy and made it so you couldn't have gotten it at all. 

This is the life of gambling dear OP, you will rarely get what you want. 

It's not free if you pay for it.  I'm pretty sure that's the way commerce works.

• Cool 2

[HINON]
Members
14,340 posts

RNG smilied upon me, I had earned 2 crates from the operation and the first one was the Tirpitz camo which I will make use of.

[TSG4]
Volunteer Moderator, Privateers
3,868 posts
21,336 battles
1 hour ago, Capt_Binkley said:

WG, readjust your award formula.  Flags would be great.  This stuff is just awful.  Worse yet, you won't even let me sell it out of my inventory.  At least let me do that

If you got so much camo in your inventory right now that you cant play through it all, why bother to have more? Is it greed that you though "some good stuff"? But you  did not get it from 5 crates??? EDIT - 5 crates did not give you what you want, so instead of complain about it, buy the 55 crates one

They ugly? So anti event social person - I wonder why they call it Halloween for any reason?

Nothing to help?? It cosmetic bruh - get it???

You cant sell it, IT PERMANENT for a reason

oh, if you so anti about it, you can choose not to see the camo using the ship filter cog selection

Problem solved

Edited by ObiwankzKenobi

Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters, Beta Testers
6,298 posts
6,911 battles
7 minutes ago, KongouIsBestShip said:

Oh come on, OP. I'd rather take the RNG out of it and buy the camos I want for even 5k a piece

You can get Nikolai's camo for 4000 dubloons, which is about $20 for a skin.  That's in line with groups like Riot or Gaijin.

[MAUS]
Members
13,698 posts
13 minutes ago, RipNuN2 said:

RNG smilied upon me, I had earned 2 crates from the operation and the first one was the Tirpitz camo which I will make use of.

I am super jelly of you!  That's the one I want!

[WOLF2]
Members
484 posts
5,301 battles

RNG was ok to me, probably to pay back for my absolutely atrocious time of getting 1.6k xp yesterday.  I got the Wakatake camo (not gonna use but it's nice) and the Kagero camo (I'm halfway to that ship, all those bonuses will come in handy).

[O7]
[O7]
Beta Testers
1,654 posts
10,699 battles
1 hour ago, Capt_Binkley said:

Thats when you buy 55 crate package to get the duplicate camo's for gold. Gets lots of gold by abusing the system. 

[WOLF1]
Beta Testers
402 posts
5,730 battles

Out of the 5 pumpkin deal I got:

15x blue lagoon camo

75x sierra mike

15x type 3 halloween camo

15x 2016 halloween camo

and the GREAT GORGON camo

I don't play CV's, probably never will, buy it's my favorite camo out of all of them....free xp my way to shokaku so I can admire it in port?

• Cool 1

Members
594 posts
5,141 battles

- looks between the purchase, free operations, and wallet-

I'll give it a go in battle first.

Maybe I'll get lucky?

[WOLF1]
Beta Testers
402 posts
5,730 battles
36 minutes ago, BrandonKF said:

- looks between the purchase, free operations, and wallet-

I'll give it a go in battle first.

Maybe I'll get lucky?

just got 3 stars in the op..

75x sierra mike

15x blue lagoon

1x magnu s camo...don't own a tirp either, but if i ever have the expendable income, maybe

• Cool 1

Members
594 posts
5,141 battles
Just now, toosonmike said:

just got 3 stars in the op..

75x sierra mike

15x blue lagoon

1x magnu s camo...don't own a tirp either, but if i ever have the expendable income, maybe

Huzzah! :)

• Cool 1

Members
33 posts
23 battles

Got 5 stars and got:

1.5m credits

75x Sierra Mike

15x Halloween 2016 camouflage

Great Gorgon camouflage(Shokaku)

Jackal camouflage(Nassau)

Will camouflage for CVs (Great Gorgon and Nobilius) change the look of the planes as well?

Edited by Miproyq
Add

[-NT-]
Members
4 posts
9,054 battles
On ‎10‎/‎25‎/‎2017 at 7:12 PM, LittleWhiteMouse said:

I am super jelly of you!  That's the one I want!

Honestly, i got both the Tirptiz and the Bismark.. love them both...but i like the Bismark on a little bit more... if i could i'd give you the Tirpitz LWM!

still looking for a couple of other ones..

[RCNW3]
Members
2,002 posts
26,531 battles

Bought the Kag back this weekend, with the IJN DD discount going on, have to say I enjoy sailing it around with red smoke coming out and those bat wings flapping - also bought the Watake since I now have the blade skin- have the Tirp and Bismarck- have sailed them with the new camo on - will have to see on the others in the future.

[PSP]
[PSP]
Members
19,325 posts

Halloween has been a good season for me. I've gone from having almost no temporary camouflages to an inventory containing over 175 of them, all from just playing the game. I got two permanent camouflages and two bunches of 75 signal flags too. I'm still waiting to see what I'll get for that 5th scenario star (if I ever get a good team again, that is).