Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
enderland07

Does the drop rate change for Halloween containers if you already bought them? Or is it an easy way to get doubloons for cheap?

12 comments in this topic

[BFBTW]
Members
4,181 posts
9,572 battles

I recently bought the $99 crate package for 55 halloween crates. Between the mission and those crates I got all the camos as well as 40,000 doubloons (plus ~200 camos, 160k free xp, and a bunch of flags).

If the drop rate is close to the same, and from other people's posts it seems to be fairly consistent, it seems I could buy another $99 crate and get in the neighborhood of 60k-80k doubloons. Note that for $99 you normally get 25k doubloons ignoring sales. This amount of doubloons means I would be able to buy a ship like the Atago for around $15 (assuming it's not on sale at the time, which would reduce the cost even more). Plus, you get all the camo/flags/xp for free.

Am I missing something? Or does this event provide a really good option for farming serious doubloons/premium ships if you don't have them already?

Edited by enderland07
  • Cool 1

[-ARP-]
Supertester
11,964 posts
6,258 battles

Once you collect all the camos you get doubloons instead of duplicates.

[BFBTW]
Members
4,181 posts
9,572 battles
Just now, Goose21891 said:

Once you collect all the camos you get doubloons instead of duplicates.

... I know.

That's what makes it a good doubloon purchase.

[O7]
[O7]
Beta Testers
1,615 posts
10,296 battles

This is kinda what people did for the Holiday crates but it seems like it should work just fine if you went for more containers.

[BFBTW]
Members
4,181 posts
9,572 battles
26 minutes ago, silverdahc said:

Oh now I think about this:cap_yes:

I'm assuming that if you picked up an absurd amount of doubloons you'd be able to eventually get most premiums.

I have very few premiums right now but there are quite a few I'd be interested in slowly picking up. If you can wait for them to go on sale it seems even more of a bargain, if you would gladly pay for them otherwise.

Members
398 posts
4 hours ago, enderland07 said:

I recently bought the $99 crate package for 55 halloween crates. Between the mission and those crates I got all the camos as well as 40,000 doubloons (plus ~200 camos, 160k free xp, and a bunch of flags).

If the drop rate is close to the same, and from other people's posts it seems to be fairly consistent, it seems I could buy another $99 crate and get in the neighborhood of 60k-80k doubloons. Note that for $99 you normally get 25k doubloons ignoring sales. This amount of doubloons means I would be able to buy a ship like the Atago for around $15 (assuming it's not on sale at the time, which would reduce the cost even more). Plus, you get all the camo/flags/xp for free.

Am I missing something? Or does this event provide a really good option for farming serious doubloons/premium ships if you don't have them already?

Get crates really.  Getting more than $99 worth of doubloons is bad business for WOW.  IMO, WOW loads good crates early so players will post/gloat/brag here how great crates are and others players then flock to buy crates.  Then, the later crates are mediocre at best and WOW rakes in the profits from all the suckers.

• Cool 1

Members
925 posts
5,110 battles

The drop rate doesn't change, it all comes down to RNG and yes its very abusable right now. I suspect someone screwed up and either the packs should of been limited to 1 per account, which they do a lot, or the gold compensation is way too much. Regardless if you need currency nows the time.

[LOS]
Members
864 posts
14,537 battles

None of my crates had doubloons,

I went for the 55 pumpkins...

I got all Halloween Camo including Bis, Tirp, both Carriers and Kagero

15k Doubloons all from tier 3 Halloween Camo duplicate sales ( which are automatic)

230 Individual Camos

825 Flags

160k FXP

and 7.7 Million credits

Was it woth it?

Yeah, BUT....if I already had all the Halloween Camouflages my doubloon count would've been much higher.

Theoretically another 55 crates should yield about 45k doubloons for a total of 60k doubloons for $200 plus a lot of extras...if I'm bored this weekend, I'll try it.

[A-D-F]
Beta Testers
3,243 posts
9,683 battles
3 hours ago, Sinton said:

None of my crates had doubloons,

I went for the 55 pumpkins...

I got all Halloween Camo including Bis, Tirp, both Carriers and Kagero

15k Doubloons all from tier 3 Halloween Camo duplicate sales ( which are automatic)

230 Individual Camos

825 Flags

160k FXP

and 7.7 Million credits

Was it woth it?

Yeah, BUT....if I already had all the Halloween Camouflages my doubloon count would've been much higher.

Theoretically another 55 crates should yield about 45k doubloons for a total of 60k doubloons for $200 plus a lot of extras...if I'm bored this weekend, I'll try it.

I yielded 70k doubloons from buying the 55 crate after having all the camos.

[HEROS]
Members
2,026 posts
18,360 battles
On 10/25/2017 at 8:42 PM, nhf said:

Get crates really.  Getting more than $99 worth of doubloons is bad business for WOW.  IMO, WOW loads good crates early so players will post/gloat/brag here how great crates are and others players then flock to buy crates.  Then, the later crates are mediocre at best and WOW rakes in the profits from all the suckers.

Oh.. Oh really!  Yea Ok, gloves off, I'm calling you out on this!  Your opinion on WG "loading" crate results is utterly wrong and is not supported by really substantial amount of evidence

Um.. you need to take a good look around sir..  I used to own a business.   And this is not EA/Bioware, nor is it PWI/PWE/Cryptic studio's. Over the 2 plus years I played this game I never ever seen this company use the sort of blatant rip offs of their customers that the above names entities do on a very regular basis.   You give them YOUR money and you'll get nice game things out of it.  Some item better then others.  There is a certain amount of randomness in but WG just does not play on potential gambling addiction in their presentation of containers.. Your Daily containers.. yea.. horrid pay out.. of course.. your not actually paying ANYTHING for those. (and the payouts have improved since they first came into being).  You don't even have to pay for the game.  In their cash shop they do have "micro" transactions but most of what they have there tends to be in the $20 and up range and is no longer a micro transaction as GAMERS see it..  And that's something Victor K gets because it is clearly a corporate policy.

(Corporate suits and ties have a different opinion and there a rumor that Victor K. keeps them in a small caged compound on Cyprus so they wont bother the dev staff and the people that actually run the company!  He also doesn't feed them red meat...*sighs* does mean that some one needs to go in and clean out remains now and again as they on occasion turn on their weaker members and feast on them!)

"fixed" payout are something we older gamers utterly despise because basically they're dishonest. I'm in my 60's and this company.. Wargaming is all in all one of the nost honest if not the most honest companies I've ever delt with.  When they talk to us they give us the strait dope..  I've never caught them in an out right lie to their customers unlike the entities I listed above.. (cryptic studio's is especially nasty about deceptive practices directed against separating you from your money)  And the Tables for the loot crates tend to be small and small loot tables are real difficult to "wieght" with out it being really obvious!   Let me toss you an example.. EA SWTOR "hyper crates" typically have a list of  awarded items numbering well over 40 to 50 possible items and they are weighted, some item require second RNG role to select.. the better the possible item that you can receive in a hyper crate the more unlikely you are to get it...  Cryptic studio's does it the same way.   WG does NOT  The list are short  and rarely have "garbage" item (unlike EA and Cryptic)  I'm pretty sure that if we were to ask them they might just come right out and give us an odds table of what your chances are of getting any one particular item out of a crate.  And look at the Halloween crates, or last years Santa crates...  If you got a duplicate item... if it were a premium ship.. they gave you doubloons!  Your going to get cool use full stuff!

So let me put it to you from my gray haired grizzled OLD man perspective.. Your WRONG, and your outta line, and I don't care what you think about that.  Pay attention to whats happening in front of your eyes and cease with the knee jerk bigoted, prejudiced reactionary thoughtlessness.  If for no other reason then it might make you a better person, and might just improve your play of the game it self once it sinks in and become habit.  Treat your fellow players, and Wargaming peeps with courtesy and respect if you want to receive the same.  These are good folks.. and they are not interested in stealing from you or anyone else.

TL_Warlord_Roff sends

Edited by TL_Warlord_Roff
  • Cool 1

[LOS]
Members
864 posts
14,537 battles

1 hour ago, TL_Warlord_Roff said:

Oh.. Oh really!  Yea Ok, gloves off, I'm calling you out on this!  Your opinion on WG "loading" crate results is utterly wrong and is not supported by really substantial amount of evidence

Um.. you need to take a good look around sir..  I used to own a business.   And this is not EA/Bioware, nor is it PWI/PWE/Cryptic studio's. Over the 2 plus years I played this game I never ever seen this company use the sort of blatant rip offs of their customers that the above names entities do on a very regular basis.   You give them YOUR money and you'll get nice game things out of it.  Some item better then others.  There is a certain amount of randomness in but WG just does not play on potential gambling addiction in their presentation of containers.. Your Daily containers.. yea.. horrid pay out.. of course.. your not actually paying ANYTHING for those. (and the payouts have improved since they first came into being).  You don't even have to pay for the game.  In their cash shop they do have "micro" transactions but most of what they have there tends to be in the $20 and up range and is no longer a micro transaction as GAMERS see it..  And that's something Victor K gets because it is clearly a corporate policy.

(Corporate suits and ties have a different opinion and there a rumor that Victor K. keeps them in a small caged compound on Cyprus so they wont bother the dev staff and the people that actually run the company!  He also doesn't feed them red meat...*sighs* does mean that some one needs to go in and clean out remains now and again as they on occasion turn on their weaker members and feast on them!)

"fixed" payout are something we older gamers utterly despise because basically they're dishonest. I'm in my 60's and this company.. Wargaming is all in all one of the nost honest if not the most honest companies I've ever delt with.  When they talk to us they give us the strait dope..  I've never caught them in an out right lie to their customers unlike the entities I listed above.. (cryptic studio's is especially nasty about deceptive practices directed against separating you from your money)  And the Tables for the loot crates tend to be small and small loot tables are real difficult to "wieght" with out it being really obvious!   Let me toss you an example.. EA SWTOR "hyper crates" typically have a list of  awarded items numbering well over 40 to 50 possible items and they are weighted, some item require second RNG role to select.. the better the possible item that you can receive in a hyper crate the more unlikely you are to get it...  Cryptic studio's does it the same way.   WG does NOT  The list are short  and rarely have "garbage" item (unlike EA and Cryptic)  I'm pretty sure that if we were to ask them they might just come right out and give us an odds table of what your chances are of getting any one particular item out of a crate.  And look at the Halloween crates, or last years Santa crates...  If you got a duplicate item... if it were a premium ship.. they gave you doubloons!  Your going to get cool use full stuff!

So let me put it to you from my gray haired grizzled OLD man perspective.. Your WRONG, and your outta line, and I don't care what you think about that.  Pay attention to whats happening in front of your eyes and cease with the knee jerk bigoted, prejudiced reactionary thoughtlessness.  If for no other reason then it might make you a better person, and might just improve your play of the game it self once it sinks in and become habit.  Treat your fellow players, and Wargaming peeps with courtesy and respect if you want to receive the same.  These are good folks.. and they are not interested in stealing from you or anyone else.

TL_Warlord_Roff sends

Amen my crusty Brother!  Amen.

Sinton

Sign in to follow this