You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
w4spl3g

Halloween operation bug? Anyone else?

19 comments in this topic

[P2W]
[P2W]
Members
1,241 posts

So I just died in one, went to exit match, as it was clear we weren't going to win and I'd rather play a different ship. ESC to port as always and ... Nothing. Empty port. Nothing showing but the Halloween gates, chat and clan chat although not with the topic set. Stuck in some kind of limbo. Disconnect/Reconnected to server which did nothing.

Been sitting here typing this and the match I was in finally ended, I see the Magnus in port now but it's like stuck in no-UI-screenshot mode or something. Ship is there, port is there, nothing else, no UI at all.

EDIT: Completely exited the game and restarted it and now it seems normal again. Update released in that window? Server crapitself? Who knows.

Edited by w4spl3g

[WOLF1]
Beta Testers
402 posts
5,493 battles

That happened on the pts a few times, but after a reboot everything came back.

Edited by toosonmike

[PSP]
[PSP]
Members
13,673 posts

I've gotten this type of glitch two or three times over the past year with the standard ports. Like @toosonmike said, when it happened I just closed the game via the task manager, rebooted my computer, restarted the game and all was well.

[G-O-W]
Volunteer Moderator Coordinator, Supertester, Privateers
1,412 posts
15,573 battles

I just finished a mission, 2 stars or should have been. No rewards screen, and my ship is ready to go immediately, no 30 minute cooldown. No pumpkins. 

Nothing. 

Restarting the client had no result. 

Edited by LancerUlysses
  • Cool 1

[CTHLU]
Beta Testers
51 posts
8,227 battles
3 minutes ago, LancerUlysses said:

I just finished a mission, 2 stars or should have been. No rewards screen, and my ship is ready to go immediately, no 30 minute cooldown. No pumpkins. 

Nothing. 

Yeah, ditto.  Except mine was (I *think*) a five-star win.

So...

[G-O-W]
1,412 posts
15,573 battles

It's a frustrating enough experience without getting glitched out of the rewards that I think I will set this one aside for now.  :(

[BGSSC]
[BGSSC]
Members
2,619 posts
10,480 battles

I had the same glitch when I exited the halloween missions.  Had to restart game.

Members
402 posts
3,961 battles

Yes, I just played and said we completed at minimum 2 stars and it exited stright to port. Battle log shows nothing, but thank God I did Aslain's and enabled replays. So I have mY replay as proof of the successful battle.

On a different note, this log issue where I log in, but my user name is ghosted, which prevents me from posting is really getting old. So I'm posting from my phone.

WG,  please look into this. I have brought this issue up in the past. Why am I still plagued by it?

Edited by ARandomClaymore

Members
402 posts
3,961 battles

I just did it to me again for the second time this evening. I have played 5 battles and only 3 battles show in the Battle Tray in the lower right hand corner of the screen. What should I be doing? I don't have enough space to upload that replay via the forum.

Thanks in advance.

[HBG]
Beta Testers
79 posts
3,598 battles

I finished a match with what would have been my first 5 star, but no rewards screen. Then when I got back into port, the game log showed that I had played no matches. ?????

[BGSSC]
[BGSSC]
Members
2,619 posts
10,480 battles

Just finished a match where we saved the trans, and protected 2 towers until the portal was sealed.  Game ended, and got the glitch.  It showed no match had been played.  I restarted the client and logged back in.  No rewards or any indication that the match had been played, not even on the mission where it states you get a halloween camo for each victory if you stay alive, which I did.  I checked the ship timer, since you can't go back into a match with the same ship unless you pay 75000 credits.  It was ready to go as if it had not played a game.  I checked the replays, and the game indeed was played and recorded.

[WOLF1]
Beta Testers
402 posts
5,493 battles
28 minutes ago, Murcc said:

Just finished a match where we saved the trans, and protected 2 towers until the portal was sealed.  Game ended, and got the glitch.  It showed no match had been played.  I restarted the client and logged back in.  No rewards or any indication that the match had been played, not even on the mission where it states you get a halloween camo for each victory if you stay alive, which I did.  I checked the ship timer, since you can't go back into a match with the same ship unless you pay 75000 credits.  It was ready to go as if it had not played a game.  I checked the replays, and the game indeed was played and recorded.

go to post #3 in this thread and tell them what happened, I hope they take care of it, and you guys that have been affected.

[G-O-W]
1,412 posts
15,573 battles

I got no replay and so no proof, but I'm done trying this mission until I have news that it is fixed. 

Members
6 posts
4,437 battles

Had the same bug happen last night as well. A two star win I believe so not a particularly big deal, but a win is a win I suppose. I should have a replay but am unable to check at the moment. Is it still worth throwing in a ticket?

[BGSSC]
[BGSSC]
Members
2,619 posts
10,480 battles
9 hours ago, toosonmike said:

go to post #3 in this thread and tell them what happened, I hope they take care of it, and you guys that have been affected.

I did submit a ticket.  I couldn't load the replay.  It kept telling me the file size was too large, even though I zipped it and it was much smaller than the allowable zip file size.  I haven't heard back yet, but I am in the queue. Hopefully it gets solved so people don't lose out on their earned rewards.  The missions are hard, so it would be nice to get rewarded for that effort.

• Cool 1

[BGSSC]
[BGSSC]
Members
2,619 posts
10,480 battles

I am getting no where with the ticket.  They keep telling me that they have seen issues with graphic card drivers not uninstalling properly when they are upgraded and that I should manually uninstall them and reinstall the drivers and restart the game to see if it makes it work better. LOL.  My graphics drivers are just fine.  For the most part, my game runs just fine.  I've only had 3 crashes in the past year.  Two times it was following an update.  I never had a crash after the next update until the halloween mission crash, which others seem to also have.  Even then, the game should have still been recorded by WOWS.  The fact that is wasn't would indicate a server side issue. Hard to get that info across to the customer service group.

Members
615 posts
4,388 battles

Yeah, I had a nice game upwards of 200,000 last time I looked, finally died, then the match ended, it was like I never went into the match.  Nothing showing for results when I got back to port.  Haven't played the Halloween operation since.  Never had this happen on the public test server.

[BGSSC]
[BGSSC]
Members
2,619 posts
10,480 battles

I have been dealing with the support ticket on this.  I'm still getting no where.  They keep telling me to update my drivers and restart my computer.  I keep telling them that the game runs fine and that there is no issue with game play.  I then reiterate that I never received any rewards for a victory, and that is the problem.  The last response was to restart in safe mode to see if the problem persists.  LOL.  Honestly, who is working is their support section?  I know 12 year olds that could understand the issue better.  It doesn't give me much faith in the behind the scenes action for WOWs.