You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Reymu

Halloween Op: Sunray - brag thread

54 comments in this topic

[NG-NL]
Members
6,261 posts
10,102 battles

Well, that operation is the toughest I've seen yet. Regale us with your best achievements!

Highest I've done in 4 stars. Did it in the cruiser, and was able to solo the Gorgon and...well, I wonder if anyone's going to try beating this damage yolo queuing, and yes, I did help with Rasputin too:

EWubisV.jpg

DD has it worst, since people fire torps without warning and the bots turn--it's been difficult to get any torp hits unless aim at reds your team is ignoring.

• Cool 1

[WOLF2]
Members
1,653 posts
11,694 battles

Grabbed it on the second round.  First time was in a BB, and it failed in rather spectacular fashion.

The second round was in the cruiser, and that was a friggin' blast!   I'll have to do it again to raise the damage score.  Everybody was killing quickly, so the match ended fairly quickly.

5 Star Halloween.JPG

• Cool 1

[FOXEH]
Beta Testers
6,103 posts
1,313 battles

I've only been able to get 3 stars max in the Magnu-S, won every time I've except my very last one, where everyone seemed to be licking the paint off of their ships except for the CV and one cruiser player. I am also always placing top of the team list every single bloody time, yet can't get more than three stars because the first tower always ALWAYS falls no matter what I do. Its frustrating really...

I'm gonna see if I cant pull together a team of friends and bang this one out... really want those 5 stars before I can sit back and just enjoy playing the damned thing...

[O7]
[O7]
Beta Testers
1,615 posts
10,332 battles

shot-17_10.25_16_19.32-0141.thumb.jpg.b3833d3c2ef8b006f4e6eb72fc8f3c36.jpgs

Best way to kill Ras and the Gordon was invisibility ram in the BB.

[--K--]
Members
5,392 posts
17,911 battles

9 tries, 3 wins with 4 stars. Not liking the difficulty of this operation with a bunch of randoms. I lost a CV because it camped an Island that got over run with Filth. 

On the plus side I got 20k Free Exp, 75 India Delta flags, the Nassu and Wakataki camos. So now I have two premium camos for ships I don't have and don't play. 

Wish WG would let us pick the camos we get or not limit us to only 5 pumpkins for the event. 

Members
433 posts

Probably the most fun i've had in the battleship so far. absorbed a lot of torpedoes with the shield, and our CV ran out of aircraft, but we held out.

its too bad those secondaries didn't get another 2km range =p

funBB.png

funbb2.png

Members
5,425 posts
10,493 battles

Played one so far - in the BB - not pretty.  Forgot how slow BBs reload - been grinding the French cruiser line for the last month +.

Alpha Tester
3,327 posts

First run for some reason one of the BB sailed through the start portal and parked on the edge of the map.

Second run, Everyone except me and the carrier for some reason  sailed through the portal to the end of the map

3rd run, one of the BBs (again) sailed through the portal then actually turned around this time and tried to catch up

fourth run crashed about halfway through, came back with most of the team dead. but at least no one seemed hell bent on sailing through the portal.

[PSP]
[PSP]
Members
13,673 posts

Got 3 stars my second time out. However, in three games since then the team failed. I noticed that the ships were not using their special abilities. Just as everyone sort of sucked at Dunkirk in the first few days but then got better, I expect people to get better here too. I played the carrier in my last battle, which was a hoot, even though I don't have the credits to upgrade it. I did 400k damage with it but, unfortunately, all of the team but me died and the last tower fell. I've got the disable feature down but need to work on the ally heal timing better. 

Edited by Snargfargle

Members
5,425 posts
10,493 battles

I am horrific - can't do enough DPM to not lose my shirt like it is a tier 8-9 game and all premiums being used.  Just too busy - I can't keep up and be where I have to be to not die.  Got a Kraken but only 3 cits - having issues with seeing where the ships are  when they are in the Filth.  Both torpedo tubes taken out quickly...

We got 3 stars with one ship left on our team

Members
33 posts
23 battles
27 minutes ago, UltimateNewbie said:

What award is that, with the green glow? What are the requirements??

Achievement for completing the scenario

[FML]
Members
4,091 posts
15,976 battles
3 minutes ago, Miproyq said:

Achievement for completing the scenario

Thanks, but why didn't people above also get it?

Single reward for first completion? Only if you get 5 stars?

[ARGSY]
Members
10,326 posts
16,093 battles

played 3x and got 2x 4 stars (one where we missed by only getting 29 kills in taint)   oh well,  will try again. 

[SYN]
[SYN]
Members
8,753 posts
15,286 battles

Played 4, lost 3 each time coming top of the band of merry reprobates, decided to be petty and make a pic diary after the first game. 

Won the last one with only 2 stars and the first vestiges of visible competence. Actually, I'm being unfair the guys were very good. The worst loss no one else had played a game of ranked, though that's no solid indicator of skill it's suggestive.

My conclusions are that it's not for solo players (no way can I see myself doing any better than 2 star unless I roll a unicum division on the MM), the non-cruisers are pretty pointless, bad carriers are really useless, the destroyers seem to just yolo and cannot survive (4/4 dead achieving little) the battleships seem to lack hitting power unless they really go for it. WG seem to have no idea how to make destroyers anything other than utterly useless in scenarios.

XdehRdx.png

Overall a not desperately enjoyable exercise in frustration resulting in a couple of camo's for ships I have no intention of re-buying. Huzzah.

[PSP]
[PSP]
Members
13,673 posts

Someday Snargie will get a good team that knows how to play this scenario, and that day will be wonderful! It's not that hard cruisers, just press "T"!

Untitled.jpg

Members
33 posts
23 battles
3 hours ago, UltimateNewbie said:

Thanks, but why didn't people above also get it?

Single reward for first completion? Only if you get 5 stars?

You get it the 1st time you "defeat" the scenario

• Cool 1

[---]
Banned
6,739 posts
9,048 battles

I woke up this afternoon, logged on, played one match in a destroyer (I suck in destroyers) and got 5 stars with an entire team of pugs. 

Members
5,425 posts
10,493 battles

My conclusions are that it's not for solo players (no way can I see myself doing any better than 2 star unless I roll a unicum division on the MM),

3 stars can be done without unicum team - passable team can do 3 stars - not unlike the first operation.  For me - it actually took longer to get 3 stars in the first operation than the new one.

Edited by CylonRed

Members
11,026 posts
30,472 battles

How to kill Gorgon (and Rasputin) fast:

1: Take Magnu-S

2: RAMMING SPEED

3: Pop shield before impact

4: ???

5: Profit.

JFZcumf.jpg?1

Edited by issm

[WOLFG]
Members
30,731 posts
9,354 battles

How far back is Gorgon? I haven't played CL or DD yet, and might go hunting it.

Members
5,425 posts
10,493 battles

First game today - 4 stars with random players.  Good team - nearly died when going after Rasputin but once I got out I was good.  Not great damage numbers but at least had the opportunity to get some torps off.  Spent the first minute not hitting a damn thing - hard for me to judge the speed of the other ships in the Filth.  Lost 2 towers... :(  Friendly fire turned off on this operation?

Halloween pt2_1.PNG

Edited by CylonRed