You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
OldFrog75

Halloween Missions are great tutorials...

8 comments in this topic

Members
163 posts
411 battles

As a brand new player not doing all that well in Randoms, I'm really enjoying the Halloween Missions.  Great chance for me to play higher tier ships with multiple Consumables.

[TSG4B]
[TSG4B]
Volunteer Moderator
3,168 posts
16,404 battles

Where the "thanks" to WoWs who great this chance for you try them out?? LOL

Members
163 posts
411 battles
1 minute ago, ObiwankzKenobi said:

Where the "thanks" to WoWs who great this chance for you try them out?? LOL

You don't think they monitor the Forums?    :Smile_popcorn:

Edited by OldFrog75

Members
163 posts
411 battles
40 minutes ago, TugboatCommander said:

I'm also enjoying them because with 19 point captains, you are earning Elite Commander XP that you can use on your regular captains to increase skills.

I see that in the post game stats but where do they show up on your Port screen for use?  Or is just the XP available for Conversion from Commanders?

-Members-
360 posts
194 battles
10 minutes ago, OldFrog75 said:

I see that in the post game stats but where do they show up on your Port screen for use?  Or is just the XP available for Conversion from Commanders?

If you go to your commander skill screen, where you select skills, the total number of accumulated Elite XP will be in the lower left hand corner. To use it, click the + button to the right of the XP bar on your commanders portrait.

[ARGSY]
Members
21,655 posts
15,689 battles
On 25/10/2017 at 6:57 PM, OldFrog75 said:

As a brand new player not doing all that well in Randoms, I'm really enjoying the Halloween Missions.  Great chance for me to play higher tier ships with multiple Consumables.

I agree that the opportunity to play a higher-tier ship with a 19 point captain for free is great. I should have taken more opportunities to grind those ships, but life responsibilities got in the way. 

However, I find them bad training for regular play because particularly for the Sunray mission, the consumables are so unlike anything you will ever see in the regular game that they are unrepresentative. Also, the enemy bots appear to be somewhat less intelligent. If I behaved in random battles like I did in the Sunray mission, I wouldn't last a minute and I certainly wouldn't be doing over 100K damage. And I don't think you can team-kill in the latest Halloween mission.

It doesn't take away from it being a howlingly good time, though. I can't wait to see what they come up with next year.

[LOU1]
Members
4,207 posts
12,346 battles

I find that it is improving my ability to snapshot.  Another area it is affecting is my map awareness.  i usually play the cruiser and like to light fires on as many ships as possible then come back and deliver more damage.  There is also watching for the new spawns next to Tower 1 and keeping track of ships in the Filth, position of our Healers, ship heal, consumable availability, and status of the Towers and clock.  I find myself instinctively scanning the GUI more and tunnel visioning on a target less.