Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
_Dracarys

Tears of Desert epicenter reminds me of Highway on WoT

20 comments in this topic

Members
828 posts
6,368 battles

Tears of Desert epicenter mode is literally the worst, the most boring, stagnant map EVER! it reminds me of world of tanks high way:

• one big open spot in the middle - any ship that rushes middle gets annihlated
  • plenty of cover around the edges promoting camping

seriously, remove this map altogether its ghey as hell!

[SALTY]
Members
8,930 posts
18,150 battles

Wrong.

Tears of the Desert in Standard Mode is worse.

[SYN]
Members
16,027 posts
12,803 battles

I am confident that I could go on 15mins in ToD std. without anything ever getting into my range, when using Atlanta.

• Cool 1

Members
828 posts
6,368 battles
6 minutes ago, MrDeaf said:

I am confident that I could go on 15mins in ToD std. without anything ever getting into my range, when using Atlanta.

well Atlanta's problem is its own. taht ship is garbage LOL

i saw jingles doing a vid on it a long time ago when i was still noob, i was like oh crapinsane RoF! bought it and realized none of them will even reach the enemy.

Edited by _Dracarys

[CK5]
Members
1,937 posts
23,584 battles

I really don't like that map and mode combo.  It is the only map where I have managed to do zero damage before getting blown up.  

[VCRUZ]
Members
4,049 posts
9,180 battles

IMO the map itself isnt that bad, but the epicenter mode in that map is a sh**

[4HIM]
[4HIM]
Beta Testers
2,285 posts
19,675 battles

Adapt, overcome and win... see it as a challenge.  I enjoy the variation of all maps.  When map whiners keep crying then you have 3 maps to play on like what happened in WoT, so keep it up.. keep the whining on maps going and then don't whine when your bored to tears on the 3 maps left.   Seriously....

• Cool 1

[PVE]
Members
17,085 posts
39,327 battles

I hate epicenter regardless of the map it is on. Good lord I hate that game mode. What I wouldn't give for it to be removed from the game or at least have the ability to opt out of it.

I hated TOD just in general when I 1st played it but now that I have had more games there I don't mind it that much. Not like it is a map favorite but it is okay.  And actually, for epicenter, it isn't too bad. I have only played epicenter there in Co-op though so I am sure that plays into my experience being less painful than the Random games played there by others.

[LANCE]
Members
1,034 posts
7,502 battles
45 minutes ago, _Dracarys said:

well Atlanta's problem is its own. taht ship is garbage LOL

i saw jingles doing a vid on it a long time ago when i was still noob, i was like oh crapinsane RoF! bought it and realized none of them will even reach the enemy.

The Atlanta is the best defensive ship against CV’s in that there could be 57 CV’s in queue but if I take my Atlanta out none of those CV’s are EVER in the game I end up in! Lol

[PVE]
Members
17,085 posts
39,327 battles
Just now, Bravo4zero said:

The Atlanta is the best defensive ship against CV’s in that there could be 57 CV’s in queue but if I take my Atlanta out none of those CV’s are EVER in the game I end up in! Lol

Isn't that always the way of it? Seems that way anyway. I take a great AA ship out and almost never see any CV in it. Yet take out the ones with crappy AA and CV ahoy!  :Smile_amazed:

[SALVO]
Members
28,061 posts
41,726 battles
18 minutes ago, Morpheous said:

Adapt, overcome and win... see it as a challenge.  I enjoy the variation of all maps.  When map whiners keep crying then you have 3 maps to play on like what happened in WoT, so keep it up.. keep the whining on maps going and then don't whine when your bored to tears on the 3 maps left.   Seriously....

I think that ToD Standard and Epi modes would be much better if the spawns were rotated 90* (and the Standard mode caps rotated 90* as well).

The core of the problem with Tears in those two modes is the location of the spawns relative to the two lines of "wall islands".  If the spawns were moved, the way players approached those wall islands would change, and  I think for the better.

[LANCE]
Members
1,034 posts
7,502 battles
1 minute ago, AdmiralThunder said:

Isn't that always the way of it? Seems that way anyway. I take a great AA ship out and almost never see any CV in it. Yet take out the ones with crappy AA and CV ahoy!  :Smile_amazed:

Indeed!! I swear the only damage I ever do in the Atlanta is when I accidentally shoot down a satellite and it falls from the atmosphere and hits an enemy ship! Lol

• Cool 1

[PVE]
Members
17,085 posts
39,327 battles
2 minutes ago, Bravo4zero said:

Indeed!! I swear the only damage I ever do in the Atlanta is when I accidentally shoot down a satellite and it falls from the atmosphere and hits an enemy ship! Lol

lol

Alpha Tester
4,252 posts
9,421 battles
20 minutes ago, Morpheous said:

+1 for this poster. 100% in agreement with these sentiments.

It would be hilarious all this 'whining' about ToD epicenter except for the fact these sick whiners will influence WoWS to alter/remove &/or restrict maps (as in WoT).

Keep whining map haters. Keep trying to ruin WoWS. Make maps here as horrid as they now are in WoT.

[SYN]
[SYN]
Beta Testers
2,557 posts
15,233 battles

Wait till they put Epicenter on Ocean...

[SALVO]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
6,598 posts
7,430 battles

DD Thunderdome - best map for a destroyer. 

[HKC]
Members
995 posts
25,892 battles
1 hour ago, _Dracarys said:

Tears of Desert epicenter mode is literally the worst, the most boring, stagnant map EVER! it reminds me of world of tanks high way:

• one big open spot in the middle - any ship that rushes middle gets annihlated
  • plenty of cover around the edges promoting camping

seriously, remove this map altogether its ghey as hell!

Anecdotal: seldom seen camping on Highway.

I like that map. I never go to town, but I don't play heavies much and for meds and lights there are plenty of options.   Sure there are some automatic AT camping areas, but I always press the far corner  (where the barns are) and that is usually a tense cat and mouse close-action game, because who takes it has the advantage.

Members
4,479 posts
19,839 battles
2 hours ago, Xlap said:

IMO the map itself isnt that bad, but the epicenter mode in that map is a sh**

In Domination TotD aint too bad. In Epicenter mode it sucketh most heinously! (and that mode is what I get 4 times out of 5) The only map that I can see Epicenter being worse on would be Ocean. :cap_haloween:

[4HIM]
[4HIM]
Beta Testers
2,285 posts
19,675 battles

yeah but Ocean IS a great map, most historically accurate and there is plenty of movement...great map for concentration of fire.  With CVs I will admit its less fun, but without CVs DDs can still be pretty sneaky.

• Cool 1

Sign in to follow this