You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
ArnoldSchoenberg

Tier 8 is the highest for Premium ships?

10 comments in this topic

[NG-NL]
Members
6,260 posts
10,088 battles

Actually you can buy MO by converting ship XP from elite ships into free XP.

[HINON]
Alpha Tester
24,710 posts
19,894 battles

Tier 8 for ships you can buy with money directly. This is a shared policy across all of WG's World Of titles. Then there are T9 and T10 vehicles which you can't directly buy with money but have to convert XP for (meaning you will have to have played enough games to have 750k convertable XP to begin with) or through other means like campaign or clan wars rewards.

[CNO]
Members
6,078 posts
18,552 battles
14 minutes ago, USSRichardNixon said:

Is this a policy?

Yes, I know Black, Musashi, Missouri are tier 9 but you cannot buy these with actual money. 

I would say it is WG policy.  It's already bad enough that a T1 player can buy a T8 ship before they are ready for T8 play.  While you can pay to convert XP to free XP and basically buy your way to T10...or buy the T9 MO, this process at least requires one to have actually acquired the XP to convert.  While it still allows someone to get to T9 or T10 before they are ready, it still takes time.

And let's not even talk about those who sell/buy accounts.  This is against the TOS, but I'm sure it's done.  So technically, someone with the money can go straight to T10 right off the bat.  I suspect one reason WG has the T8 and Free XP policy is to give folks a way to advance rapidly under the rules, which ameliorates somewhat the urge to buy an account illegally. 

Alpha Tester
4,252 posts
9,421 battles
17 minutes ago, Lert said:

Tier 8 for ships you can buy with money directly. This is a shared policy across all of WG's World Of titles. Then there are T9 and T10 vehicles which you can't directly buy with money but have to convert XP for (meaning you will have to have played enough games to have 750k convertable XP to begin with) or through other means like campaign or clan wars rewards.

WG earns money from premium account players, from doubloon/gold purchasers, from premium plane/ship/vehicle purchases & from the extra 'chrome' (flags/symbols, etc) purchases.

WG allows all these methods to 'buy' advancements so WG can profit. Otherwise, they wouldn't be here & neither would we, the players.

As to not being able to buy, directly, T 9 or 10 planes/vehicles/ships - WG has to draw a line somewhere so that 'grinding' a tech tree line actually means 'something'.

[SALVO]
Members
25,485 posts
27,464 battles
45 minutes ago, USSRichardNixon said:

maybe someone don't have that much XP....

Which is why I like the Free XP premium model.  A newby can't just plunk down cash and get a high tier ship, without building up a sufficient pile of convertible XP, which essentially requires any person to have had quite a fair amount of playing time (and playing experience) in the game.

Frankly, I think that it would be nice if all tier 6 and above premiums were Free XP premiums, just not with the roughly 50% additional cost.