You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Dr_Pickles

New Halloween scenario a tad bit to hard?

83 comments in this topic

Members
49 posts
75 battles

Only tried it 4 times with all the ships and not a single one got within even 3 minutes of game ending. I would say by the 6 minutes left in every single match over 50% of the ships on my team were destroyed. Fighting tons of ships coming out of the filth PLUS a group that somehow comes in from behind I just don't get how anyone but the best of the best can even finish this map.....  Suggestions from those that have beaten it would be helpful.

Beta Testers
393 posts
3,784 battles

Do they even know that they all have insane healing consumables? The cruiser is OP AF! 

• Cool 1

[NO2BB]
Members
3,885 posts
24,515 battles

1. Don't get your ship destroyed.

2. Destroy enemy ships.

Members
543 posts
6,806 battles

Is this still the same one from last year I can't seem to remember if that one was a two parts.

Either way chances are high that you aren't using the right strat to beat it.  Can't do much about that in random groups but with a seven man division with comms it shouldn't be that hard to figure it out and beat it.  Last year I created a few chat macro's to explain what needed to be done to the team and it worked some of the time randoms.

[-N-]
Members
2,288 posts
15,955 battles

No this part is new, and it is a bit harder than the first one.  First time out in the BB was a loss, I took the CV next and did much better only got 1 star but better.  Going to take 2 or 3 tries to get the 5 stars.  CV players need to not push past the last tower or they are too far from the action.  Need to just stay ahead of the fight and not run for the corner.

[A-D-F]
Members
7,877 posts
43,438 battles
5 minutes ago, Captain_Chaos_NA said:

Is this still the same one from last year I can't seem to remember if that one was a two parts.

Either way chances are high that you aren't using the right strat to beat it.  Can't do much about that in random groups but with a seven man division with comms it shouldn't be that hard to figure it out and beat it.  Last year I created a few chat macro's to explain what needed to be done to the team and it worked some of the time randoms.

Part I was same as last year.

Part II (started this morning) is new

[NDA]
Supertester, Alpha Tester, Beta Testers
5,746 posts
4,573 battles

I've played and won two matches of the new Halloween scenario so far, both with the carrier. The first match finished with three stars and the second one finished with two. My biggest gripe about it is that the Filth makes it so hard to perform manual drops on targets inside it. I wish it was more transparent so that I could actually see the drop cones.

• Cool 2

Members
49 posts
75 battles
7 minutes ago, Panbun said:

I've played and won two matches of the new Halloween scenario so far, both with the carrier. The first match finished with three stars and the second one finished with two. My biggest gripe about it is that the Filth makes it so hard to perform manual drops on targets inside it. I wish it was more transparent so that I could actually see the drop cones.

I do agree on this it is so annoying that you can't see your field of drop because it is the same color as the filth.

• Cool 1

[SLOTH]
[SLOTH]
Members
70 posts
6,731 battles

5 stars on my fourth game :/

the nerf to the BB was uncalled for though

and the pricing on the containers is kind of [edited]

Edited by dukelego

Members
49 posts
75 battles

I is really great you all are getting 5 stars yet in typical World of Warships forum fashion no one is letting go of their tips and tricks to do so.....  

Members
49 posts
75 battles
2 minutes ago, dukelego said:

1: use consumables before second tower destroyed

2: don't suck

But to get 5 stars you need to make sure the 1st tower doesn't get destroyed and your second comment is rather stupid as I personally think noone really (unless trolling) likes to suck.

Members
433 posts
9 hours ago, Dr_Pickles said:

Only tried it 4 times with all the ships and not a single one got within even 3 minutes of game ending. I would say by the 6 minutes left in every single match over 50% of the ships on my team were destroyed. Fighting tons of ships coming out of the filth PLUS a group that somehow comes in from behind I just don't get how anyone but the best of the best can even finish this map.....  Suggestions from those that have beaten it would be helpful.

Any players without experience at T8 are going to struggle as the game gets more fast-paced and more punishing at higher tiers. the devs have been very forgiving in giving ships enough consumables, armor and outrageous fire chance in order to assist players. But, in the end it comes down to experience, and if you're with a team that has only reached tier 3-5, you're going to have a few problems and there's nothing you can do. I was clearly with a new cv captain last round, as he had a whopping 20 points when the game was lost. Nothing can be done there.

The well-adjusted player is going to know penetration ranges for the rifle that they're shooting, and where the AP rounds need to go to do damage, how to angle, and when best to operate consumables. 

Also I'd suggest that many need to remember to outfit the overpowered modules onto their ships. unfortunately there's no 0-dubloon rebates for players - I wish the devs would reconsider, but be very cautious when spec'ing your captain, then outfit modules onto your ship to suit your captain skills.

-re: the destroyer - decreasing torpedo reload time is actually hilarious, and even though they're short ranged, you can spam torpedoes the whole match. note that stacking more Concealment will work to decrease the range that your destroyer is spotted. when lots of enemy ships are grouped up, consider waiting for a full reload of your tubes, then fire a salvo, use the reload booster, then another salvo. your torpedoes will stack flooding on them, which removes their passive regen in the taint (sorry, thats what they called it, and thats what its called now. no backsies.) The destroyer is meant to flirt with danger, because the one consumable restores health when you're inside the TAINT and it lasts for over a minute. A destroyer should be able to keep enemies at range, harass with HE rounds, and fire torpedoes, and use concealment to ninja vanish when needed. (captain skills: preventive maintenance, last stand, the rest is up to you)

-re: cruiser - its a kutuzov Chapayev* with less punch, but all the fun. the guns are shorter ranged but the fire chance is pure hell. casually set everything on fire, and then murder things with AP and balanced lances when they get close. Don't go in the TAINT as it takes 100hp/sec dmg, and you don't want that. damage is bad. don't get damaged. The upside is, when you're at 60% health, Intensify forward firepower with your pewpewpew blaster consumable, and restore all of your health while whatever you were just firing at burns to death (RIP rasputin, thanks for the health m8) cursing your existence. this is about 50 times more fun than being in an atlanta, not going to lie.

-re: battleship - it's a tirpitz with less range but all the fun. (this is becoming a theme.) The guns are punchy (target cruisers first, then other battleships, let your secondaries kill the underaged boats) and can have a hilarious reload time (20 seconds, LOL). Stay out of the taint and spec for AA if you want to survive or Secondaries if you want to risk death. spam torpedoes at things, and use your ROFLSHIELD to absorb rounds, torpedoes, and problems for your team. Heal aura to repair pesky friendly ship trying to die. You are the medic of medics, with the biggest baseball bat anyone has ever seen. (seriously 380mm shells every ~20 seconds LOL)

-re: carrier - sorry, carriers are against my religion.

Good luck, and stay out of the TAINT.

Edited by SinisterSe7en
  • Cool 4

[SLOTH]
[SLOTH]
Members
70 posts
6,731 battles
1 minute ago, Dr_Pickles said:

But to get 5 stars you need to make sure the 1st tower doesn't get destroyed and your second comment is rather stupid as I personally think noone really (unless trolling) likes to suck.

In order to five star you must save two towers (number 2 and 3). the first tower is basically a scripted loss considering the spawn locations of the enemies. So, use your consumables before the second tower is destroyed and to delay when the first tower is destroyed.

However, the destruction of the first tower does effect rasputins spawn. an organized team may want to allow the loss of the tower so that Rasputin spawns outside the taint and can quickly be killed.

Members
49 posts
75 battles
13 minutes ago, dukelego said:

In order to five star you must save two towers (number 2 and 3). the first tower is basically a scripted loss considering the spawn locations of the enemies. So, use your consumables before the second tower is destroyed and to delay when the first tower is destroyed.

However, the destruction of the first tower does effect rasputins spawn. an organized team may want to allow the loss of the tower so that Rasputin spawns outside the taint and can quickly be killed.

Ah ok thanks for that bit of info

Members
34,409 posts
10,768 battles
1 hour ago, Pata1985 said:

git gud.

Thanks Tips.

Any advice one can apply before the event ends?

[13TH]
Members
4,899 posts
9,120 battles
1 hour ago, Dr_Pickles said:

Its impossible if you or your teammates do not play it correctly and go off soloing

its easy if you stick together and act like a team

Edited by HMCS_Devilfish

[REALY]
Members
205 posts
2,045 battles

If you want to play the carrier with any degree of success, I suggest watching Farrazelleth's (dunno if that's spelled right) video. He's damned good with a CV, and actually explains why you should do what you should do.

[WPS]
Members
4,181 posts
9,619 battles

Played two this morning, first one everyone died. Second one we got 5 stars.

I think it comes down to having a team of people who don't die and actually kill stuff and use their consumables.

[13TH]
Members
4,899 posts
9,120 battles
9 minutes ago, Skpstr said:

Thanks Tips.

Any advice one can apply before the event ends?

All stick together in green get one ship behind trans and don’t let them stop at the end, but the biggy is stick together 

Members
4,203 posts
1 hour ago, SinisterSe7en said:

Good luck, and stay out of the TAINT.

Thanks for posting some actual advice:Smile_medal:+1

Members
34,409 posts
10,768 battles

Ease up a bit. It's not like the first event, where a whole bunch of players did it last year.

This is the first day of a new event. Next couple days, you won't have to ask, somebody will start a topic about it.