You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Grevester

SALTY Clan Battle Guide!

55 comments in this topic

[ASHIP]
Members
5,454 posts
12,925 battles

So, first you need DDs. Everyone knows DDs are OP in this game. You can't see them, and they just torp you. Torps do like twice as much damage as a Battleship citadel, because Battleships are trash in this game.

We recommend two Grozevois, and a Khab. With Groz, you want that AA to get rid of those spotter planes for you, otherwise you'll be spotted all game. Plus everyone knows Khab guns are great and the Groz has them. You also have a Khab, because Russian is the best in this game.

Next, you definitely want at least three Minotaurs. Not only do you have great smoke, you can rock out an impressive DPM from that smoke that nobody can see you in. You're basically invincible, because smoke OP.

Last up, you still have to bring a Battleship even though they are trash. We recommend settling with a GK. It has 5000 more HP than the next BB in line, making it's survivability unmatched. Plus, it's awesome secondaries allow you to sit in smoke close to the enemy and get easy secondary farm damage for free. Plus you can beat moskvas because your secondaries have 0.1km more range then their radar.

You can thank SALTY in +1's to this thread.

Edited by Pulicat
  • Cool 26

[SALTY]
Members
1,291 posts
4,139 battles

Why are you giving our CW strategies away?

Get on TS SALTY leadership will want to speak to you about this.

• Cool 2

Members
1,726 posts
14,990 battles

If you don't run radars, you'll never be able to see the enemy in their smokes. Switch all the Minotaurs to radar instead of smoke and maybe this would work better. Jeez.

• Cool 3

[ASHIP]
Members
5,454 posts
12,925 battles
Just now, aAkula said:

Why are you giving our CW strategies away?

Get on TS SALTY leadership will want to speak to you about this.

I'm trying to help the community! Always people are whining "hey why don't you help players out rather than be mean to them you bullies!". I'm trying to improve the SALTY image.

[SALTY]
Members
8,930 posts
18,141 battles

Sarcasm 101?

On a separate note, I seen a clan who rolled all Shimakazes into a match last week.  They definitely didn't win the match, but it was entertaining seeing the seas filled with walls of torpedoes from every direction.  Almost like Kitakami reincarnated.

Edited by Ace_04
  • Cool 1

Members
1,091 posts
4,681 battles

I'm telling you, if you guys aren't the moistened re-incarnation of Otter, you ought to be. 

Have my +1

[NKOTD]
Senior Volunteer Moderator, Supertester, Privateers
1,972 posts
19,588 battles

Thanks Polecat! +1, lawl.

Members
1,243 posts
5,495 battles
2 hours ago, Pulicat said:

So, first you need DDs. Everyone knows DDs are OP in this game. You can't see them, and they just torp you. Torps do like twice as much damage as a Battleship citadel, because Battleships are trash in this game.

We recommend two Grozevois, and a Khab. With Groz, you want that AA to get rid of those spotter planes for you, otherwise you'll be spotted all game. Plus everyone knows Khab guns are great and the Groz has them. You also have a Khab, because Russian is the best in this game.

Next, you definitely want at least three Minotaurs. Not only do you have great smoke, you can rock out an impressive DPM from that smoke that nobody can see you in. You're basically invincible, because smoke OP.

Last up, you still have to bring a Battleship even though they are trash. We recommend settling with a GK. It has 5000 more HP than the next BB in line, making it's survivability unmatched. Plus, it's awesome secondaries allow you to sit in smoke close to the enemy and get easy secondary farm damage for free. Plus you can beat moskvas because your secondaries have 0.1km more range then their radar.

You can thank SALTY in +1's to this thread.

You know, if you made an alt guild and used that strat for real, I would be curious to see what a group of players like you can do against the average team using that comp.  Food for thought when you are bored.  It would probably make few good funny moments worthy of being in a Jingles video or something =p.

[ASHIP]
Members
5,454 posts
12,925 battles
7 minutes ago, Psicopro said:

You know, if you made an alt guild and used that strat for real, I would be curious to see what a group of players like you can do against the average team using that comp.  Food for thought when you are bored.  It would probably make few good funny moments worthy of being in a Jingles video or something =p.

I mean, you could probably club people in the baby seal leagues, but real opponents aren't going to fall victim to it. Besides, we are told we shouldn't club the seals, and we hate rerolls anyway. 

Alpha Tester, Beta Testers
30,523 posts
6,106 battles

That's some epic troll bait Cat. Take my +1. 10/10 would read again.

cJSTsCA.gif

Members
1,243 posts
5,495 battles
4 minutes ago, Pulicat said:

I mean, you could probably club people in the baby seal leagues, but real opponents aren't going to fall victim to it. Besides, we are told we shouldn't club the seals, and we hate rerolls anyway. 

No, but the comedy you could pull off in those baby seal leagues would be entertaining to watch.  You could try all sorts of wacky things.  Was just thinking it would make for a good "why you haff to be mad" episode on Jingles.

I'd probably have an extra 1% winrate if I didn't find the need to try sh*t that looks like it would be funny every once in a while.

[-N-]
Members
2,288 posts
15,955 battles

So lets see a screen shot of this Salty Line Up from a Battle...  I say that because OP is not known for his helpfulness.

[ASHIP]
Members
5,454 posts
12,925 battles
3 minutes ago, Psicopro said:

No, but the comedy you could pull off in those baby seal leagues would be entertaining to watch.  You could try all sorts of wacky things.  Was just thinking it would make for a good "why you haff to be mad" episode on Jingles.

I'd probably have an extra 1% winrate if I didn't find the need to try sh*t that looks like it would be funny every once in a while.

I feel like you're trying to make an appeal to my sense of superiority and feeling of joy in stomping the hopes and dreams of random clans. Essentially manipulating me. 

I mean, I make no promises but if we're simply crushing and it's the final week, you may or may not see some troll combos. The only thing more enjoyable than clubbing all the clans that just thought you were pubstompers, is disrespecting them with troll matches when you know you've won. 

Its only been one week, too early to tell where we'll place in the end. 

[ASHIP]
Members
5,454 posts
12,925 battles
6 minutes ago, gcangel82 said:

So lets see a screen shot of this Salty Line Up from a Battle...  I say that because OP is not known for his helpfulness.

If you need help to realize this is a troll thread, you have moe problems to worry about than whether or not this set up is what we use. 

Edited by Pulicat
  • Cool 2

[-N-]
Members
2,288 posts
15,955 battles
Just now, Pulicat said:

If you need help you realize this is a troll thread, you have moe problems to worry about than whether or not this set up is what we use. 

Guess you don't know sarcasm when you see it...

[ASHIP]
Members
5,454 posts
12,925 battles
Just now, gcangel82 said:

Guess you don't know sarcasm when you see it...

Sarcasm is heard, not seen. 

Members
1,243 posts
5,495 battles
5 minutes ago, Pulicat said:

I feel like you're trying to make an appeal to my sense of superiority and feeling of joy in stomping the hopes and dreams of random clans. Essentially manipulating me. 

I mean, I make no promises but if we're simply crushing and it's the final week, you may or may not see some troll combos. The only thing more enjoyable than clubbing all the clans that just thought you were pubstompers, is disrespecting them with troll matches when you know you've won. 

Its only been one week, too early to tell where we'll place in the end. 

I don't actually care who wins, I just like watching funny sh*t.  I haven't played a single game in Clan Wars though my clan participates.  Too old and going through an incredibly challenging real world problem to bother with the stress of competitive gaming.  I've been in the elitist jerk position before in other games, I'm not good enough in this game and I don't have the desire to be to try to get there.

I am appealing to your sense of comedy if anything.  If you don't think it would be funny, then meh.  It's just an internet thread, I'm not trying to get into your head or anything. 

Though if you log into your account during the night and sleepwalk through a bunch of Tier 4 matches and lose them all, be sure to send me the video.  Means my master plan is working.

[NO2BB]
Members
3,885 posts
24,515 battles

Mods should pin this thread. Good info as always and very helpful strategy +1. 

Members
3,284 posts
3 minutes ago, Elegant_Winter said:

Epic troll. Hahaha. Holy moly. Can't believe it. Frickin' amazing. I look forward to more of your epic trolls, Pulicat. Hahaha. Epic.

Just kidding.

Edited by anonym_OlK73e329bMY

[NO2BB]
Members
3,885 posts
24,515 battles

We just played a match and the enemy was using the exact same strategy, first draw in clan battles. WoW. How to counter this???