You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
OtterSWillDominate

Just asking..

11 comments in this topic

Beta Testers
56 posts
11,723 battles

Hi everyone!

I just want to know if is there any Clan tool for attendance code, for clan battles days here in WoWs :cap_popcorn:

Edited by OtterSWillDominate

[-BWS]
Beta Testers
1,896 posts
15,065 battles

if you need to track your clan acivities, check online gaming sources or use excel. seems like to much effort for a FUN game though.

• Cool 1

Members
213 posts
7,391 battles

yeh have no clue what you are asking for...  attendance code?  what?

If your clan participates in clan battles, you can review the most recent battles and end game scoreboard from the clan tab > clan battles.  Moreover, you can find your clan rating from the clan rating  tab. 

[SALVO]
Members
28,247 posts
43,788 battles

I know exactly what he's talking about, having seen such stuff in WoT for its CW's.  But I have no idea if such software exists for WoWS.

If I understand correctly, the software would provide your clan leader an "attendance code" that he could give out to the people attending that night for CW's.  The players would then go to the website and enter the attendance code, thus proving that they were available for CW's that night.

As I understand it. this was necessary because any clan that had a presence on the clan wars map was earning gold. Most clans were giving out their gold earnings based on attendance.  And I think that this software may have also included a capability to assign a number of "shares" based on each clan member's attendance for the purpose of fairly distributing gold earnings to the clan.

• Cool 1

Members
1,453 posts
9,762 battles
8 minutes ago, Crucis said:

I know exactly what he's talking about, having seen such stuff in WoT for its CW's.  But I have no idea if such software exists for WoWS.

If I understand correctly, the software would provide your clan leader an "attendance code" that he could give out to the people attending that night for CW's.  The players would then go to the website and enter the attendance code, thus proving that they were available for CW's that night.

As I understand it. this was necessary because any clan that had a presence on the clan wars map was earning gold. Most clans were giving out their gold earnings based on attendance.  And I think that this software may have also included a capability to assign a number of "shares" based on each clan member's attendance for the purpose of fairly distributing gold earnings to the clan.

+1

• Cool 1

Members
34,409 posts
10,768 battles

Don't think it's necessary. AFAIK, nothing is given to clan leaders to distribute. It's all handed out automatically.

Plus, clans are only half the size, (at most) as WoT, shouldn't be hard to keep track of.

• Cool 1

[SALVO]
Members
28,247 posts
43,788 battles
10 minutes ago, Skpstr said:

Don't think it's necessary. AFAIK, nothing is given to clan leaders to distribute. It's all handed out automatically.

Plus, clans are only half the size, (at most) as WoT, shouldn't be hard to keep track of.

Not necessary yet.

As for clans being smaller, yes that's true, of course.  But there will always be some people who would prefer a more automated way of doing things over having to do more manual forms of record keeping.

• Cool 1

Beta Testers
56 posts
11,723 battles
1 hour ago, Crucis said:

Exactly! 

Members
213 posts
7,391 battles
36 minutes ago, Crucis said:

Not necessary yet.

As for clans being smaller, yes that's true, of course.  But there will always be some people who would prefer a more automated way of doing things over having to do more manual forms of record keeping.

Just look in clan tab to see how many clan battles each clan member has competed in and/or how much oil they have acquired?  You can order by either column.

[SALVO]
Members
28,247 posts
43,788 battles
1 hour ago, Simers72 said:

Just look in clan tab to see how many clan battles each clan member has competed in and/or how much oil they have acquired?  You can order by either column.

That's all well and good.  But from my experience in WoT, actually BEING in CB's or CW's battles isn't what matters.  It's being online and AVAILABLE to be part of the team that matters to clans.  In the WoT clans that I was in, they awarded gold not on how many clan wars battles you were in, but whether you were online and available to be part of a team on any given night.   Even if you weren't picked to be part of a team, the fact that you were there and were available is what mattered.  And that's not something that these stats shows.

Also, oil is a nice enough stat.  But the reality is that a person could be a member of the clan in name only and be a total solo-playing hermit, and not participate in clan activities, like divisioning or clan battles, etc.  This may be fine for one of those uber-casual clan for those that don't really want to be in a clan, but want the benefits of a clan's port.  But it's not really measuring how much the player is participating in active clan activities.

• Cool 1