Azur Lane discussion thread!

2,740 comments in this topic

[WOLF8]
[WOLF8]
Members
3,899 posts
4,132 battles
1 hour ago, Avenge_December_7 said:

I want wedding skins for the sad girls like Juneau, Fortune, Yorktown, and Arizona.

They deserve happiness.

Add Quincy to the list. She cries A LOT too, when you look at her chibi sprite animation. And Spence too, lol.

[-TAB-]
Alpha Tester
4,151 posts
8,040 battles

Instead of Cygnet, why not an outfit for her superior sister Crescent?

[WOLF8]
[WOLF8]
Members
3,899 posts
4,132 battles

Light Cruiser Guide, from Youtube:

Excellent stuff. :Smile_great:

Oddly enough, I'm more partial to DD's and CA's... I barely use CL's... lol. :Smile_hiding:

Edited by Blorgh2017
  • Cool 1

[WOLF8]
[WOLF8]
Members
3,899 posts
4,132 battles

New update tommorow! And it's our (i.e. NA's) first re-run event! :Smile_great:

Hot dang...

Spoiler

2wjzo1.jpg.ecf3735444aae149499fe86015d483e3.jpg

:Smile_teethhappy:

• Cool 1

[WOLF8]
[WOLF8]
Members
3,899 posts
4,132 battles

Another video about upcoming event, but this time with little more details... and some swanky music~. LOL. :Smile_teethhappy:

Dat Yukikaze punch @ the start... LEL. :Smile_teethhappy:

Spoiler

2wki8l.jpg.6ba1b2e3d7d0509d62324847751ee12f.jpg

• Cool 1

[WOLF8]
[WOLF8]
Members
3,899 posts
4,132 battles

Not a bad start...

451577289_Screenshot_20190321-085656_AzurLane.thumb.jpg.6e9294a91d96e0270001dca0a773c5cf.jpg

Now I just need Yukikaze and Akatsuki. I missed Akatsuki the last time.

• Cool 2

[HSD]
Members
376 posts
10,034 battles

47D1E84F-B5FD-4C59-B2BD-FE2C21008FEA.thumb.png.2155ebdd5998a7370a6cb937adcb7019.png

09FBA0DB-8FB7-41A3-BB1A-4A20CB80C28E.thumb.png.7ebcab3fc8f82862b287df07e9a1ed4a.png

That’s all I needed from the builds. 

Just going to probably coast through the event, try for enough Ema to get the torpedo Aux and use it to level some lower level ships.

• Cool 1

Members
5,219 posts
6,021 battles
45 minutes ago, Shigure_DD said:

That looks really good. I didn't catch an air date, anyone know when it's scheduled to air?

Edit: On a rewatch, either the animation went wonky(they possibly forgot to animate something) or Unicorn's stuffed alicorn is able to move on it's own. Look at it around 0:13-0:15. It moves on it's own.

Edited by GhostSwordsman

[WOLF8]
[WOLF8]
Members
3,899 posts
4,132 battles
45 minutes ago, Shigure_DD said:

Looking awesome.

Kinda of not-surprised that Enty will take the center stage. She's like the poster girl for this game, eh? LOL. :Smile_teethhappy:

[STW-M]
Members
2,682 posts
6,580 battles
5 hours ago, Blorgh2017 said:

Kinda of not-surprised that Enty will take the center stage. She's like the poster girl for this game, eh? LOL. :Smile_teethhappy:

I mean, she basically is an IRL anime protagonist.

• middle child
  • lost all siblings in horrible ways (one being sunk just as it looked like she would survive, and Enterprise basically having to abandon the other to certain death) and most of her close friends to either combat (like Portland or Lexington) or post-war shenanigans (like Saratoga and Crossroads or WASD both being scrapped)
  • rivalry against a whole bunch of IJN carriers (and basically the grim reaper for them + a whole lot of non-CV IJN ships)
  • holds the line practically single-handedly at the most precarious stage of the Pacific War
  • elder mentor/idol to basically all of the Essex-class
  • betrayed/scrapped by her nation at the end of the war despite being the most decorated USN ship of the conflict 
  • Halsey's basically either her father or her husbando (honestly, E was HIS ship) who tried to save her from scrap but failed and died (one could probably use artistic interpretation here and say he died of heartbreak at having failed to save Enterprise); possible love-triangle involving New Jersey (BB-62) as well
Edited by Avenge_December_7
  • Cool 1

[WOLF8]
[WOLF8]
Members
3,899 posts
4,132 battles
5 minutes ago, Avenge_December_7 said:

I mean, she basically is an IRL anime protagonist.

• middle child
  • lost all siblings in horrible ways (one being sunk just as it looked like she would survive, and Enterprise basically having to abandon the other to certain death) and most of her close friends to either combat (like Portland or Lexington) or post-war shenanigans (like Saratoga and Crossroads or WASD both being scrapped)
  • rivalry against a whole bunch of IJN carriers (and basically the grim reaper for them + a whole lot of non-CV IJN ships)
  • holds the line practically single-handedly at the most precarious stage of the Pacific War
  • elder mentor/idol to basically all of the Essex-class
  • betrayed/scrapped by her nation at the end of the war despite being the most decorated USN ship of the conflict 
  • Halsey's basically either her father or her husbando (honestly, E was HIS ship) who tried to save her from scrap but failed and died (one could probably use artistic interpretation here and say he died of heartbreak at having to failed to save Enterprise); possible love-triangle involving New Jersey (BB-62) as well

That... explains everything, lol.

Dang, it almost sounds so cliche and trope-y, but it really is all true, lel.

[LLF]
Beta Testers
249 posts

Screenshoted this from the other trailer that they showed.

Screenshot_20190322-175604_YouTube.jpg

• Cool 1

[WOLF8]
[WOLF8]
Members
3,899 posts
4,132 battles
20 minutes ago, Kuramitsu said:

Screenshoted this from the other trailer that they showed.

Screenshot_20190322-175604_YouTube.jpg

I wish I could have a theme like that for my dorm room. :Smile_sad:

C'mon, Manjuu, my decor coins are rotting my purse... lol. :Smile_teethhappy:

Edited by Blorgh2017
lol grammar

[CUTE]
[CUTE]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
1,717 posts
9,464 battles

AL said they are going to be at anime expo can one hope maybe they do the premier of the anime on Uss Iowa.. or they could maybe do MIdway etc to have it on a CV.

wouldnt it be cool if the AL staff talked with the Uss Iowa stafff and added her into AL since Iowa see a lot of Japanese tourist oddly and they know of Kancolles version of Iowa.

[WOLF8]
[WOLF8]
Members
3,899 posts
4,132 battles
1 hour ago, Shigure_DD said:

AL said they are going to be at anime expo can one hope maybe they do the premier of the anime on Uss Iowa.. or they could maybe do MIdway etc to have it on a CV.

wouldnt it be cool if the AL staff talked with the Uss Iowa stafff and added her into AL since Iowa see a lot of Japanese tourist oddly and they know of Kancolles version of Iowa.

Really? Now I find that really fascinating. I wonder what all those Japanese tourist look for when they visit Iowa... LOL. :Smile_great:

Nevertheless, it'd be really kewl if they did manage to premiere the anime on one of those museum ships. If it really becomes a reality, I would be really, really, really, really, REALLY dying to attend... but I'll most likely can't, lel. :Smile_sad::Smile_teethhappy:

2 minutes ago, Avenge_December_7 said:

Every time an event occurs:

2wqekm.jpg

Just the oil...? What aboot the cubes? LUL. :Smile_teethhappy:

[STW-M]
Members
2,682 posts
6,580 battles
Just now, Blorgh2017 said:

Can't max out cubes (thank bloody God)

[WOLF8]
[WOLF8]
Members
3,899 posts
4,132 battles
6 minutes ago, Avenge_December_7 said:

Can't max out cubes (thank bloody God)

True... but the principle still applies: you stockpile lots of cubes... aaaaaand they're gone in no time, lol. :Smile_teethhappy:

[STW-M]
Members
2,682 posts
6,580 battles
1 minute ago, Blorgh2017 said:

True... but the principle still applies: you stockpile lots of cubes... aaaaaand they're gone in no time, lol. :Smile_teethhappy:

Nah, they just come back in another form

__commander_naka_pikotarou_and_san_diego_kantai_collection_and_etc_drawn_by_phandit_thirathon__sample-7de181169914c4991984f834968025c2.jpg

• Funny 1

[CUTE]
[CUTE]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
1,717 posts
9,464 battles
1 hour ago, Avenge_December_7 said:

Nah, they just come back in another form

__commander_naka_pikotarou_and_san_diego_kantai_collection_and_etc_drawn_by_phandit_thirathon__sample-7de181169914c4991984f834968025c2.jpg

1 hour ago, Blorgh2017 said:

Really? Now I find that really fascinating. I wonder what all those Japanese tourist look for when they visit Iowa... LOL. :Smile_great:

Nevertheless, it'd be really kewl if they did manage to premiere the anime on one of those museum ships. If it really becomes a reality, I would be really, really, really, really, REALLY dying to attend... but I'll most likely can't, lel. :Smile_sad::Smile_teethhappy:

just think about this if they do a event on the midway that is located in San diego lol

[WOLFD]
[WOLFD]
Beta Testers
5,062 posts
1,501 battles
On 3/18/2019 at 4:34 AM, Meatshield_No13 said:

Well I never need to go back to 3-4.

D495615B-A648-43A3-A736-B36ED777B5C8.thumb.png.dd57a16e722319e0b04cdfc0f9d99e7c.png

Never.

Never going back.

I hate you.

On 3/22/2019 at 5:03 AM, Blorgh2017 said:

That... explains everything, lol.

Dang, it almost sounds so cliche and trope-y, but it really is all true, lel.

Tropes exist for a reason.

[WOLF8]
[WOLF8]
Members
3,899 posts
4,132 battles
20 minutes ago, GhostSwordsman said:

:Smile_ohmy:

I'm guessing they're gonna time the release with the collab with WoWs.

Having Monty and Yuki as ships in WoWs is nice... but I would have also liked to get the kewl Ironblood camos/skins for the four German ships. It's a pity. 

BTW, what's AL getting from the collab? More research ship girls? Does anybody know? :Smile_hiding: