Jump to content
Pixelf

Azur Lane discussion thread!

2,748 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

2,753
[NSF]
Beta Testers
5,189 posts
7,364 battles
12 minutes ago, userz123 said:

The art works are not questionable, They hired same artiest who worked on other games like Warship Girls and Girls frontline this is why some of the art works look similar. nothing in the game is like kancolle, the only similarity for kancolle is sometime they use the same trope, for example both Aoba in Kancolle and in Azur lane are reporter trope, it's more like saying t34 in world of tank is a rip off of t34  from war thunder. 

 

I literally could not care less any similarities between the different games actual art itself, this is just second hand through people I know that play and enjoy the game.

 

Apparently a lot of the art is of questionable quality, especially for more common/trash character drops. It's one of the admittedly few things that my friends have been complaining about.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
152
[-AL-]
[-AL-]
Members
663 posts
1,899 battles
4 minutes ago, userz123 said:

The art works are not questionable, They hired same artiest who worked on other games like Warship Girls and Girls frontline this is why some of the art works look similar. nothing in the game is like kancolle, the only similarity for kancolle is sometime they use the same trope, for example both Aoba in Kancolle and in Azur lane are reporter trope, it's more like saying t34 in world of tank is a rip off of t34  from war thunder. 


Well yes all those games you named are made BiliBili, so it's possible they used same artist. But all those artist are hired on art website to be fair. It was the same deal with Panzer Waltz. I agree that some girls have the same kind of sterotype assigned but it does not change the fact that the game is doing well in Japan, and that is how it got popular. Because Japan!

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
113
[P_P]
Beta Testers
630 posts
6,232 battles
10 minutes ago, Prinzy said:


Well yes all those games you named are made BiliBili, so it's possible they used same artist. But all those artist are hired on art website to be fair. It was the same deal with Panzer Waltz. I agree that some girls have the same kind of sterotype assigned but it does not change the fact that the game is doing well in Japan, and that is how it got popular. Because Japan!

They confirmed it, a lot of artists has their own social media account and they announce it, their names are also listed in the Chinese wiki so people know who drawn who etc, some of the artist has kind of gained celebrity status because of their works are popular, for example the artist name Saru she is quite popular among the fans of WSG, GF and AL. 

 

14 minutes ago, Big_Spud said:

 

I literally could not care less any similarities between the different games actual art itself, this is just second hand through people I know that play and enjoy the game.

 

Apparently a lot of the art is of questionable quality, especially for more common/trash character drops. It's one of the admittedly few things that my friends have been complaining about.

I see, well the quality still feels a lot better than a lot of art of KC, i don't mean to bash on KC but quite a lot of original character art works did not age well compare to today's standard, for example the pre kai ni furutaka of KC...KC itself need a modernization of its art, they really should update the quality of the older characters i don't understand why KC don't do that, WSG did it they updated and replaced quite a lot of older not up to standard art work for their characters. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
152
[-AL-]
[-AL-]
Members
663 posts
1,899 battles

Screenshot_2017-11-01-11-05-22.thumb.png.754a6c811e58591b4773323168587fc6.png

Shoukaku! Get! Now need Zuikaku from event!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
152
[-AL-]
[-AL-]
Members
663 posts
1,899 battles
Just now, Fog_Repair_Ship_Akashi said:

Damn it!!! I want her!

Rare drop on B3 in event or from crafting. Time-line is event crafting

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Alpha Tester
3,666 posts
7,314 battles
1 minute ago, Prinzy said:

Rare drop on B3 in event or from crafting. Time-line is event crafting

I can't even get past A1, my ships are just not strong enough yet.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
152
[-AL-]
[-AL-]
Members
663 posts
1,899 battles
Just now, Fog_Repair_Ship_Akashi said:

I can't even get past A1, my ships are just not strong enough yet.

I been playing non stop >< I am on B2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
418
[WGA]
-Members-
1,117 posts
3,613 battles

I was wondering when a topic like this would pop-up. I still love and play KC, but AL has it's own charms. I play on the JP server. I've got Shoukaku and Takao twice from 10-builds so far. I'm hoping to get  Enterprise, Hornet or Yorktown.

 

Since I've only started like a few days ago, I'm still noobish at this. Any tips?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Alpha Tester
3,666 posts
7,314 battles
49 minutes ago, Mezurashi said:

 

Well I got Enterprise, but not Shoukaku. I also agree with you Mezurashi, this game has it's own charm and charecter like Kancolle. As for tips? Much like you I'm quite the noob and no offense to the wiki it is no where near as detailed as Kancolle's (probably because it is much newer), but I will say this, check the equipment you can give your girls often, and pay attention to the % it is like the fit bonus. Don't be cagey about the coins, you will often be at a surplus so buy what you can in the game market. Also don't overlook the backyard, it is a great and easy way to quickly level up your ships, just buy the first expansion ASAP so you can use the happiness you gain to get more experience for your girls.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
152
[-AL-]
[-AL-]
Members
663 posts
1,899 battles
17 hours ago, Mezurashi said:

I was wondering when a topic like this would pop-up. I still love and play KC, but AL has it's own charms. I play on the JP server. I've got Shoukaku and Takao twice from 10-builds so far. I'm hoping to get  Enterprise, Hornet or Yorktown.

 

Since I've only started like a few days ago, I'm still noobish at this. Any tips?

I am on JP server to like the first post of this thread says! @Fog_Repair_Ship_Akashi and some others also joined up on the server since it has friend feature and "Fleet" (clan) feature...that one day I'll start.

As for CV's your best bet to my knowledge is the crafting. Right now with Fall event that ends on November 10th, the time-line option in crafting (Building Yard) offer a lot of rare ships, got my Enterprise and Shoukaku from there.

There are probably some nodes that may used to farm them on Hard Mode but so far it's hard to say since game only got released in Japan in the last September, and there are minor variations compared the CN server. (Enterprise is definitly a strong pick!)

Edited by Prinzy

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
152
[-AL-]
[-AL-]
Members
663 posts
1,899 battles
1 minute ago, Fog_Repair_Ship_Akashi said:

You mean like mine?

Screenshot_2017-10-29-16-22-35.png

Don't worry, I do have one too now!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
152
[-AL-]
[-AL-]
Members
663 posts
1,899 battles
10 minutes ago, Fog_Repair_Ship_Akashi said:

Yah but i got her first.:Smile-_tongue:

Visit my house in game, you be jelly!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5,673
[WOLF3]
[WOLF3]
Members
18,158 posts
16,501 battles
On 10/25/2017 at 1:15 AM, Prinzy said:

It begins.

22228239_118526418839993_401774734389526

I saw that on Danbooru.  Like someone commented on there:  "Dat Pudding..."

 

On 10/31/2017 at 11:11 AM, Big_Spud said:

 

I literally could not care less any similarities between the different games actual art itself, this is just second hand through people I know that play and enjoy the game.

 

Apparently a lot of the art is of questionable quality, especially for more common/trash character drops. It's one of the admittedly few things that my friends have been complaining about.

 

To be fair, even Kantai Collection has some iffy art quality, most especially when the game was new.  For sure they were able to land some fabulous artists, but it's also apparent that especially at the time, they weren't expecting the game to take off the way it did.

 

Today, Kancolle has been leveraging more of certain artists more like Konishi for all kinds of artwork.  I really hope the guy is a professional.  Kancolle is a big fat portfolio of his work :Smile_teethhappy:

Edited by HazeGrayUnderway

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
418
[WGA]
-Members-
1,117 posts
3,613 battles

If you guys ever start a fleet clan invite me please.

And I managed to snag a few "dragon bunnies".

hiryuu_soryuu_AL1.jpg.44d70f36cba6bd47ae27f7062d973f10.jpg

hiryuu_1_al.thumb.jpg.84bb06cb029ebe30414fcf5d7d7acd5b.jpg

soryuu_1_al.thumb.jpg.71dddb047ba6f3438d23ca04d5f9e0a2.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Alpha Tester
3,666 posts
7,314 battles
4 minutes ago, Mezurashi said:

If you guys ever start a fleet clan invite me please.

And I managed to snag a few "dragon bunnies".

hiryuu_soryuu_AL1.jpg.44d70f36cba6bd47ae27f7062d973f10.jpg

 

  Reveal hidden contents

 

hiryuu_1_al.thumb.jpg.84bb06cb029ebe30414fcf5d7d7acd5b.jpg

soryuu_1_al.thumb.jpg.71dddb047ba6f3438d23ca04d5f9e0a2.jpg

 

 

Gah! And all I have is Enterprise and Prinz Eugen. I swear my luckhas just gone to crap now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
152
[-AL-]
[-AL-]
Members
663 posts
1,899 battles
Just now, Fog_Repair_Ship_Akashi said:

Look who I got @Prinzy

 

Screenshot_2017-11-03-15-55-28.png


Sheesh! From crafting or drop? I am close to get her from event points but I'd rather spend my currency on other stuff ><

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Alpha Tester
3,666 posts
7,314 battles
Just now, Prinzy said:


Sheesh! From crafting or drop? I am close to get her from event points but I'd rather spend my currency on other stuff ><

Crafting.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×