Pixelf

Azur Lane discussion thread!

2,653 comments in this topic

[-AL-]
[-AL-]
Members
663 posts
1,899 battles

Haha nice, I got them as well... hitting my head against that event right now. Kinda started a bit late I guess!

[-AL-]
[-AL-]
Members
663 posts
1,899 battles
2 minutes ago, Fog_Repair_Ship_Akashi said:

Just completed the Hyuga sisters by getting Ise.

Oh nice I don't think I've seen them yet!

[-AL-]
[-AL-]
Members
663 posts
1,899 battles
2 minutes ago, Fog_Repair_Ship_Akashi said:

Look who I got!

Screenshot_2017-10-29-16-22-35.png

Wew, through even crafting? You are going to make some jealous XD

Alpha Tester
3,666 posts
7,309 battles
4 minutes ago, Prinzy said:

Wew, through even crafting? You are going to make some jealous XD

Yah did the special limited time crafting option. Took 4 hours but worth the wait. 

[-AL-]
[-AL-]
Members
663 posts
1,899 battles

Yeah we can get Zuikaku from event and Shoukaku from event crafting.

[NDA]
Supertester
3,916 posts
1,564 battles
7 minutes ago, userz123 said:

o i didn't know World of Warship community is interested in azur lane. 

There's some considerable crossover.

I'm nowhere near as active as others in this thread, and quite frankly this game boggles my too-old brain just a bit.  I can't seem to figure out how to get my fleet back home.  Do I have to clear an entire map section first?  I don't remember enough Japanese from college to even begin to understand wth I am doing. ;)

[-AL-]
[-AL-]
Members
663 posts
1,899 battles
1 hour ago, kerensky914 said:

There's some considerable crossover.

I'm nowhere near as active as others in this thread, and quite frankly this game boggles my too-old brain just a bit.  I can't seem to figure out how to get my fleet back home.  Do I have to clear an entire map section first?  I don't remember enough Japanese from college to even begin to understand wth I am doing. ;)

When you are on sortie (Weight anchor) to clear a map. You have to clear it to have you fleet returned, or withdraw. It is a red button. Or in any case they can be on expeditions, which is commission button in the weigh anchor section. 

Alpha Tester
3,666 posts
7,309 battles
42 minutes ago, Prinzy said:

Screenshot_2017-10-30-18-41-34.thumb.png.e1aa7e5b100e6b17634a0ce6ff52e2a2.png

How pretty, I did not even knew about her. So here who she is! https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/HMS_Illustrious_(87)

GAH!!! I want her!

[NDA]
Supertester
3,916 posts
1,564 battles
15 hours ago, Prinzy said:

When you are on sortie (Weight anchor) to clear a map. You have to clear it to have you fleet returned, or withdraw. It is a red button. Or in any case they can be on expeditions, which is commission button in the weigh anchor section. 

I've seen the 'withdraw' button on the smaller map.  The one with the grid and the encounters on it.  The larger screen that shows the different 'sectors', i.e. 1-1, 1-2, etc. I can't figure out how to get my fleet back from there. 

Heck, I just this morning figured out that you use the mouse to direct your scouting unit's motion.  Still haven't figured out how to aim anything yet. :P

[-AL-]
[-AL-]
Members
663 posts
1,899 battles
5 minutes ago, kerensky914 said:

I've seen the 'withdraw' button on the smaller map.  The one with the grid and the encounters on it.  The larger screen that shows the different 'sectors', i.e. 1-1, 1-2, etc. I can't figure out how to get my fleet back from there. 

Heck, I just this morning figured out that you use the mouse to direct your scouting unit's motion.  Still haven't figured out how to aim anything yet. :P

I assume you mean with battleship when you aim. Hold the button and navigate your front line, they will lead the aiming. (Sort of like relaying information.)

[NDA]
Supertester
3,916 posts
1,564 battles
4 minutes ago, Prinzy said:

I assume you mean with battleship when you aim. Hold the button and navigate your front line, they will lead the aiming. (Sort of like relaying information.)

Hmm, OK, I think I understand.  I'll play with it a bit in some of the lower-tier areas to get the hang of it.

Members
1,338 posts
2,830 battles

I haven't seen the game itself however, a good majority of the art seems ripped off from other games (Kancolle, Warship Girls etc) or just really questionable in general.

• Bad 1

[NSF]
Beta Testers
5,179 posts
7,364 battles
1 hour ago, xX_Critical_ClopOut69_Xx said:

I haven't seen the game itself however, a good majority of the art seems ripped off from other games (Kancolle, Warship Girls etc) or just really questionable in general.

Im not one for this kind of game, but some of my friends are. From what I can tell, it gets away with the often questionable art because it has actual gameplay, compared to Kancolle (small "c", fight me weebs), which I have gathered is basically a spreadsheet simulator.

They also seem less reluctant to add ships from other nations. I think there are actually more American ships in it than there are Japanese.

[-AL-]
[-AL-]
Members
663 posts
1,899 battles

A lot of British ships too. Artworks are kind unique to be fair. Sure the idea is not "unique" But I must say I have more fun with it then Kancolle. I still do play Kancolle, just less since it's been 4 years, aside events and few dailies, not much to do. Refreshing expedition left and right.

How to put it simple... It's like Comparing World of Tanks to War Thunder. Both have ups and downs.

Alpha Tester
3,666 posts
7,309 battles
22 minutes ago, Prinzy said:

How to put it simple... It's like Comparing World of Tanks to War Thunder. Both have ups and downs.

i-couldnt-agree.jpg

[-AL-]
[-AL-]
Members
663 posts
1,899 battles
Just now, Fog_Repair_Ship_Akashi said:

i-couldnt-agree.jpg

Necroing Obama I see :P

[P_P]
Beta Testers
630 posts
6,225 battles
2 hours ago, Big_Spud said:

Im not one for this kind of game, but some of my friends are. From what I can tell, it gets away with the often questionable art because it has actual gameplay, compared to Kancolle (small "c", fight me weebs), which I have gathered is basically a spreadsheet simulator.

They also seem less reluctant to add ships from other nations. I think there are actually more American ships in it than there are Japanese.

The art works are not questionable, They hired same artiest who worked on other games like Warship Girls and Girls frontline this is why some of the art works look similar. nothing in the game is like kancolle, the only similarity for kancolle is sometime they use the same trope, for example both Aoba in Kancolle and in Azur lane are reporter trope, it's more like saying t34 in world of tank is a rip off of t34  from war thunder.