Pixelf

Azur Lane discussion thread!

3,683 comments in this topic

Beta Testers
102 posts
308 battles
2 hours ago, Blorgh2017 said:

The devs do bring back past events in a re-run time to time. However, when you look at the list of all the past events... there're a lot of events, lol.

Yes, you might get another chance at these ships in future, but if you can manage right now, it's a good idea to do so right now, before the event is over. Unfortunately, despite the overall generousness of the RNG pulls in this game, this is how the devs make money (and also through the skins). Not everyone can be lucky, or some are new like you, so they become desperate to pull those limited-time-only ship girls... and start opening their wallet.

I'm sorry, but that's just how it is. If you REALLY want the girls from current event, you're gonna have to open your wallet for cubes and/or coins.

That's about what I figured, thanks. Not too desperate at this point - I decided to spend some cubes on the current limited time/event ship builder thingy and got a Takao, which has immediately started mvp'ing all the content I've been grinding. Not sure of the terminology, but six star? Gud bote, in any case.

[WAIFU]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters, Beta Testers
13,421 posts
5,488 battles
2 hours ago, Eisengratz said:

That's about what I figured, thanks. Not too desperate at this point - I decided to spend some cubes on the current limited time/event ship builder thingy and got a Takao, which has immediately started mvp'ing all the content I've been grinding. Not sure of the terminology, but six star? Gud bote, in any case.

You may find this helpful

Oqpa-cr-QTVoognEOnkzLDTs3Ycshy9pj4uyOS_s

This is the latest tier list I could find. Anyone not on the list should not be considered a priority to build. Unless you really like that character.

• Cool 1

[WOLF8]
[WOLF8]
Members
4,640 posts
4,463 battles
7 minutes ago, Super_Dreadnought said:

This is the latest tier list I could find. Anyone not on the list should not be considered a priority to build. Unless you really like that character.

Good thing his Takao is quite up there on the list. She will carry him for quite a way, till he finds his footing. I like Takao too... but I haven't found any spot in any of my fleet for her... yet, lol. But I really wanna use her at some point.

I also bolded and up-sized the most important part in your quote, about playing this game, lel. :Smile_teethhappy:

Because every shikikan (commander) playing this game must ask this question at least once in their life:

Spoiler

AL_waifu_question_meme.thumb.png.3d7acca9e462c2ae722e5ca1e71920a5.png

:Smile_teethhappy:

Members
1,989 posts
78 battles
2 hours ago, Super_Dreadnought said:

A thing to note about the tier list is that it doesn't quite factor in synergy.

Queen Elizabeth is a linchpin to the full HMS Fleet, and Nagato + Akagi&Kaga/Shoukaku&Zuikaku is a very strong Sakura Fleet backline.

[STW-M]
Members
3,071 posts
7,269 battles
1 hour ago, RyuuohD_NA said:

A thing to note about the tier list is that it doesn't quite factor in synergy.

Queen Elizabeth is a linchpin to the full HMS Fleet, and Nagato + Akagi&Kaga/Shoukaku&Zuikaku is a very strong Sakura Fleet backline.

Also worth noting that this isn't a PvP list—the meta there is far different.

The unfortunate thing is that as one goes through the different chapters, the enemies generally get higher and higher AA stats, which translates into carriers struggling to keep up with battleships damage-wise.

With that being said, I find that my fully-upgraded level 110 Enterprise is still more than capable of keeping up with Washington or South Dakota even at chapter 10 or above, especially with the aid of Helena and her radar scan.

[STW-M]
Members
3,071 posts
7,269 battles
17 hours ago, Blorgh2017 said:

Why? What for?

She was just shy. Give the poor thing a break, lol.

RNGesus doeth not condone an act of cursing, hexing, or voodoo that is done in his name. Thou shalt repent thy transgression and sin, and pay thy penance by sacrificing thy right arm and right kidney on the glorious alter of RNG. Thou shalt be forbidden from invoking thy lord's name in such vain manner ever again, else thou shalt pay even greater price, including the life of thine own wallet. If thou truly desire for RNGesus' blessing, thou must accept the cosmic nature of randomness, and embrace the gift of whatever results from RNGesus. Only when thou hath demonstrated a maturity and a spirituality to fully adopt thy fate with RNG rolls, RNGesus shalt shower thee with his blessings of bounty.

Forgive me, RNGsus, for I have sinned and used thy name in vain in unjustly cursing an innocent shipgirl.

Let my transgressions be answered with the avenging cries of countless San Diegos, until my heart is purged of hatred towards thou, and may thy divine mercy forgive my transgressions. I submit to thy judgement humbly.

tenor.gif

Edited by Avenge_December_7
  • Funny 1

[WOLF8]
[WOLF8]
Members
4,640 posts
4,463 battles
21 minutes ago, Avenge_December_7 said:

Forgive me, RNGsus, for I have sinned and used thy name in vain in justly cursing an innocent shipgirl.

Let my transgressions be answered with the avenging cries of countless San Diegos, until my heart is purged of hatred towards thou, and may thy divine mercy forgive my transgressions. I submit to thy judgement humbly.

tenor.gif

I'm sure thy prayers are heard, and RNGesus will forgive thee. RNGesus is kind, merciful, and generous.

:Smile_teethhappy:

[WAIFU]
13,421 posts
5,488 battles

Smol Akagi incoming. I'm kinda disappointed that she isn't a battlecruiser tbh.

Beta Testers
102 posts
308 battles
5 hours ago, Super_Dreadnought said:

That is damn handy, thank you. This also fills me with delight, as I decided to blow some cubes on the event before it ended and got me a Warspite. She blows things up quite nicely and immediately entered a formation. RNG seems pretty generous, which is nice.

And in regards to that last point, I also got an Oklahoma. She does not appear to be terribly good, but in my formation of mostly serious business ships, she just looks terribly happy to be included at all, so she gets to stay.

OklahomaChibi.png

[WAIFU]
13,421 posts
5,488 battles
3 minutes ago, Eisengratz said:

That is damn handy, thank you. This also fills me with delight, as I decided to blow some cubes on the event before it ended and got me a Warspite. She blows things up quite nicely and immediately entered a formation. RNG seems pretty generous, which is nice.

And in regards to that last point, I also got an Oklahoma. She does not appear to be terribly good, but in my formation of mostly serious business ships, she just looks terribly happy to be included at all, so she gets to stay.

OklahomaChibi.png

Note that Warspite is that high on the list because of her retrofit, which isn't in EN yet. She's one to invest in for the future. Warspite is pretty unremarkable pre-refit.

Beta Testers
102 posts
308 battles
1 minute ago, Super_Dreadnought said:

Note that Warspite is that high on the list because of her retrofit, which isn't in EN yet. She's one to invest in for the future. Warspite is pretty unremarkable pre-refit.

Oh. Well that's fine, she still contributed quite nicely so far, so I'll keep hurling her at the AI.

[WOLF8]
[WOLF8]
Members
4,640 posts
4,463 battles

Oklahoma may not be even on the tier list, but she's still a fine ship girl. She even has a retrofit. You can use her to help you get off the ground, and later replace her with someone else in future, if that's what you want. You can even keep using her if you really like her, because waifu >>>>> meta. :Smile_teethhappy:

Members
5,448 posts
6,162 battles
7 hours ago, Super_Dreadnought said:

I dislike this trend, a lot.

• Cool 1

Members
1,989 posts
78 battles
8 hours ago, Super_Dreadnought said:

I need smol Hood.

Members
3,282 posts
3,571 battles
4 hours ago, GhostSwordsman said:

I dislike this trend, a lot.

I thought we escaped the baby cartoon craze of the 1990s, but here we are. 

[WOLF8]
[WOLF8]
Members
4,640 posts
4,463 battles

Well, the Children's Day is coming up for Japan, which is in May... or so I heard. Maybe that's why. :Smile_hiding:

Members
8 posts
3,693 battles
20 hours ago, Blorgh2017 said:

Oklahoma may not be even on the tier list, but she's still a fine ship girl. She even has a retrofit. You can use her to help you get off the ground, and later replace her with someone else in future, if that's what you want. You can even keep using her if you really like her, because waifu >>>>> meta. :Smile_teethhappy:

Also an important note is that early game she is a really good choice, easy to get duplicates for limit breaks and enhancing (since using the same ship gives double), and when you are late game her low cost can be a blessing for grinding items/ships (3-4 anyone?) and earlier parts of events when you need to have some upgraded ships but do not need a purple/gold team yet.

[WAIFU]
13,421 posts
5,488 battles
7 hours ago, Avenge_December_7 said:

Please don't forget this lovely girl's launch day today.

__pensacola_azur_lane_drawn_by_pnakoticat__sample-11a64ffb57e5a2fdd0f5ccfc7adf08a3.jpg

Not sure what you mean. All I see are enhancement materials. :cap_hmm:

[WOLF8]
[WOLF8]
Members
4,640 posts
4,463 battles
2 minutes ago, Super_Dreadnought said:

Not sure what you mean. All I see are enhancement materials. :cap_hmm:

Oh you heartless monster. :Smile_trollface: