You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Pussnboats

New Meta in Teir Ten

40 comments in this topic

[AN2AC]
[AN2AC]
Members
153 posts

This was the first weekend where I witnessed a new meta in Tier Ten matches.   The new meta was to go to a corner of the map, sail around in circles trying to farm damage, and avoid capping.  When I asked people to help cap they would typicall say, "check out the leader boards after the match and we will see you does better."  When I tried to explain I would rather win and that means we have to cap and work together, literally 95% of tier ten captains could not grasp this idea.  Is it just me?  Basically whatever team had 3 to 4 players that worked together capping would win.  Maybe WoW needs to change the experience system so you get rewarded more for teamwork (like capping, spotting, smoking) instead of rewarding players whom farm damage but avoid capping or helping their teammates?

Is their anyway to try to encourage people to help win or do you just leave it and farm damage too?

• Cool 3

Members
147 posts
7,898 battles

I don't believe so. I was my Harekaze, only got 33k dmg but spotted 150k dmg and cap two base. Had a higher base xp than my div mate who did 180k damage. 

• Cool 1

[ASHIP]
Members
5,454 posts
12,925 battles
7 minutes ago, JohnnyDebt said:

How do you pad your stats then :D

I don't. The only stat that matters is winrate, and you only win more often if you're better than the other team.

• Cool 3

Members
147 posts
7,898 battles
2 minutes ago, Pulicat said:

I don't. The only stat that matters is winrate, and you only win more often if you're better than the other team.

I'm messing with you. I stat pad my wr too by seal clubbing lower tiers and diving with clanmates. You can't control your team but diving up with two other people who are competent usually means you can win more easily

Edited by JohnnyDebt

[ASHIP]
Members
5,454 posts
12,925 battles
1 minute ago, JohnnyDebt said:

I'm messing with you. I stat pad my wr too by seal clubbing lower tiers sometimes. 

That's why I only play 8-10.

[HINON]
Members
14,340 posts

Timing is everything. At high tiers it can be key to hold back until the time is right to push the cap after having kited around weakening the enemy. As with everything this is situational.

GUH8gHv.jpg

• Cool 1

[TSG4]
Volunteer Moderator, Privateers
3,868 posts
21,336 battles

I got support from BB/dd, and even minotaur radar up in my Hiddy game. We travelled together having dd spotting in front so we can focus fire. Minotaur radar up like crazy ... massive game in t10

So don't know what are you complaining about.

Members
834 posts
10,400 battles
1 hour ago, Pulicat said:

Nobody cares about randoms.

Look  I get that you are in a competitive clan and are probably focused on clan battles as of this week, but this statement is patently false and ridiculous. 90%+ of the battles played in this game are still in randoms and of course lots of people do care even if you don't....and IMHO you should care if you want a healthy and skilled playerbase to compete against in clan battles. Nobody gets to clan battles without playing lots and lots of random matches.

Edited by Dr_Powderfinger
  • Cool 1

[WOLF7]
Members
12,620 posts
1 hour ago, Pulicat said:

I don't. The only stat that matters is winrate, and you only win more often if your Division is better than the other team.

FTFY.:Smile_teethhappy:

Edited by awiggin
  • Cool 2

[ASHIP]
Members
5,454 posts
12,925 battles
16 minutes ago, awiggin said:

FTFY.:Smile_teethhappy:

Don't worry, my solo winrate is still clubbing you too. If you ever showed your face outside of co-op that is.

Edited by Pulicat
  • Cool 1

Members
1,243 posts
5,495 battles
5 minutes ago, Pulicat said:

Don't worry, my solo winrate is still clubbing you too. If you ever showed your face outside of co-op that is.

Can I have your autograph?

[ASHIP]
Members
5,454 posts
12,925 battles
12 minutes ago, Psicopro said:

Can I have your autograph?

.-.                  .;                          .   
  (_) )-.              .;'   .-.                ...;... 
    .:   \   ,  :     .;     `-' .-.   .-.       .'     
   .:'    ) ;   ;    ::     ;'  ;     ;   :    .;       
 .-:. `--'.'`..:;.__;;_.-_.;:._.`;;;;'`:::'-'.;         
(_/                                                   
  • Cool 1

Members
1,243 posts
5,495 battles
Just now, Pulicat said:

.-.                  .;                          .   
  (_) )-.              .;'   .-.                ...;... 
    .:   \   ,  :     .;     `-' .-.   .-.       .'     
   .:'    ) ;   ;    ::     ;'  ;     ;   :    .;       
 .-:. `--'.'`..:;.__;;_.-_.;:._.`;;;;'`:::'-'.;         
(_/                                                   

4 more and I complete the set!

[_TKS_]
Members
869 posts
25,994 battles
18 hours ago, Pulicat said:

Nobody cares about randoms.

In some ways you're right, Puli, randoms don't carry as much weight in the community as clan battles or ranked. Given that we spend the majority of our time not in clan or ranked battles, it behooves us to care about randoms because they provide us with the means to improve gameplay and collect the credits and xp whereby we can improve our ships. So while randoms don't mean as much when it comes to bragging rights, they do have a significant level of importance. 

• Cool 2

Beta Testers
635 posts
7,023 battles
3 minutes ago, Ariokk said:

In some ways you're right, Puli, randoms don't carry as much weight in the community as clan battles or ranked. Given that we spend the majority of our time not in clan or ranked battles, it behooves us to care about randoms because they provide us with the means to improve gameplay and collect the credits and xp whereby we can improve our ships. So while randoms don't mean as much when it comes to bragging rights, they do have a significant level of importance. 

I sort of agree with you, but I agree a little more with Puli. I understand that this is more of a team game than WoT, but most of the time, randoms are so unreliable that if you try to play aggressively or play the objective, most of the time they will turn and leave you hanging out to dry cause they don't want to scratch the paint on their ship. 

[_TKS_]
Members
869 posts
25,994 battles
17 minutes ago, Panic512 said:

I sort of agree with you, but I agree a little more with Puli. I understand that this is more of a team game than WoT, but most of the time, randoms are so unreliable that if you try to play aggressively or play the objective, most of the time they will turn and leave you hanging out to dry cause they don't want to scratch the paint on their ship. 

exactly...  but if you play randoms like you don't give a crap, you only hurt  your own winnings at the end anyways. I agree that randoms will leave you  hanging, but if you play with a bit of discipline, you can still pull some games out of the fire. I play each game as best I can only because it's the best way to maximize the payoff for the time I spend in that particular battle. Just simple economics on that level. It's finding that ever elusive level of aggressive play that rewards either open water combat or playing the objective that always seems to do me in. I'm working on it though. LOL

Members
1,051 posts
4,673 battles
19 hours ago, Pussnboats said:

This was the first weekend where I witnessed a new meta in Tier Ten matches.   The new meta was to go to a corner of the map, sail around in circles trying to farm damage, and avoid capping.  When I asked people to help cap they would typicall say, "check out the leader boards after the match and we will see you does better."  When I tried to explain I would rather win and that means we have to cap and work together, literally 95% of tier ten captains could not grasp this idea.  Is it just me?  Basically whatever team had 3 to 4 players that worked together capping would win.  Maybe WoW needs to change the experience system so you get rewarded more for teamwork (like capping, spotting, smoking) instead of rewarding players whom farm damage but avoid capping or helping their teammates?

Is their anyway to try to encourage people to help win or do you just leave it and farm damage too?

WG tried that already and the results were poor.  

None of this is new at T10.  Unfortunately people don't like to scratch the paint on their shiny tier 10 ships.  People like me who push into caps and try to support the ships there generally have terrible survival rates.  Until the matches actually count for anything (Ranked, Clan battles), people will continue to snipe and do nothing beneficial to the team.

[O7]
[O7]
Beta Testers
1,654 posts
10,699 battles

People like to camp, but camping is not always a bad thing, especially when the enemy is pushing really hard. The key is to know when to fall back, when to make a stand, and when to push back. It is hard to properly judge when to do each one but it typically revolves around the relative strength of each side.

Members
1,380 posts
4,100 battles

This was the first weekend where I witnessed a new meta in Tier Ten matches.   The new meta was to go to a corner of the map, sail around in circles trying to farm damage, and avoid capping.

This is new?

• Cool 1

[AN2AC]
[AN2AC]
Members
153 posts
On 10/25/2017 at 4:25 AM, VGLance said:

When they are saying "check out the leader boards after the match and we will see who does better" they aren't referring to farming damage without care of losing the match.  What they are referring to is the fact that if the match is a loss, it's not from them doing massive (100k+) amounts of damage, but the loss was due to suiciding idiots who obsessed over capping in the first 5 minutes and killed themselves and the leader board will properly reflect that.

There's this common one-string banjo tune being played by VERY bad players where they claim they were focused on the objective and winning and that makes them in the right.  It doesn't if they charged in and died and failed in that very objective.  If they're dead, they're not helping to fulfill the objective or achieve the win.  They will of course blame the team for not supporting them, but here's why that is total bulls*it:

Provide a video (and this should be REALLY easy to provide many videos according to their logic) where ALL 12 players simply lived longer than 10 minutes and it was a loss.  You won't find it.  Early deaths caused by sh*tters suiciding themselves (mostly obsessing over caps way too early then they need to) and the resulting snowball effect that comes from it is why matches are lost.  And you always see them at the bottom of the scoreboard which again is why the scoreboard is referenced.

I would have to disagree with you on this.  I have seen many many players whom have no interest in winning, but would rather just farm damage and kills.  Personally I would rather win and be low on leaderboard than lose and be high on leaderboards.  In fact I have seen many games where me and one other ship were the only ships whom even tried to cap dispite having no caps at all well in too the match.  I can understand about being catious when capping but when your team has no caps at all, and you are over 500 points losing you really need to try to cap something. I have plenty of screenshots showing the entire team all within one hex or two well behind a single cap and we had no caps at all.

• Cool 1

Banned
2,229 posts
11,923 battles
25 minutes ago, Pussnboats said:

I would have to disagree with you on this.  I have seen many many players whom have no interest in winning, but would rather just farm damage and kills.  Personally I would rather win and be low on leaderboard than lose and be high on leaderboards.  In fact I have seen many games where me and one other ship were the only ships whom even tried to cap dispite having no caps at all well in too the match.  I can understand about being catious when capping but when your team has no caps at all, and you are over 500 points losing you really need to try to cap something. I have plenty of screenshots showing the entire team all within one hex or two well behind a single cap and we had no caps at all.

Provide the video then.