Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Viper101

Shame.

10 comments in this topic

[PNGYN]
Members
493 posts
4,004 battles

Honestly, I do not understand the hate for the Ashitaka

Some people have been incredibly vocal about the lack of Japanese premium BBs. For a while all they had was the Ishizuchi.

It is probably the most anemic line in terms of BBs. Until now. 

Of course there is something to be said about wanting to reduce the number of Battleships in game, but thats another topic for another time. 

And now that they are getting more, you're complaining because it is not the exact ship you wanted? Get real people. 

Have you even stopped to consider that the ships you want may be introduced in a split line some time in the future? Or perhaps as a Free XP ship? Or mission ship? 

No of course not. 

• Cool 1

Beta Testers
635 posts
7,023 battles

Agree completely. It is kinda ridiculous because people almost seem like they may not know just exactly what they want, and if something is different then what they are picturing in their head they get up in arms in a heartbeat.

[VVV]
[VVV]
Members
822 posts
17,501 battles

It's the fact they're selling a Stock ship Mutsu as a tier 7 or Tosa would be a better ship yet Wargaming seem's unable to put IJN sister ships in the same tier. I mean look at Scharnhorst or  Gneisenau or Bismarck and Tipitz ,Alabama and Massachusetts. All sisters same tier but IJN nope move them down and gimp them  

Edited by yamato6945

Members
650 posts
1,842 battles

People are annoyed because they with Mutsu and now Ashitaka they perceive WG as being lazy. Both of these ships are basically just old stock hulls of tech tree ships that got removed from the game, with a coat of paint slapped on and a pricetag attached. 

[SALVO]
Members
28,054 posts
41,668 battles

What are you talking about?  What's the Ashitaka?

Alpha Tester
4,156 posts
8,061 battles

Imagine what the response would be like if WG added the West Virginia, one of the most popular Standard type US battleships with a South Dakota-style refit... but as a stock Colorado at tier 6 with worse accuracy and reload.

That's what IJN BB fans are experiencing right now.  They'll never get the Mutsu in her actual WWII form, only in a gimped stock hull version.  Not the mention the highly-requested battleships like Ise and Hyuga, the Tosa-class battleships, the Musashi(which is finally coming, so there's one positive), the Yamashiro, and so on.

• Cool 1

Members
736 posts
11,428 battles

Shame shame shame hey shame on you
If you can't aim too
I said shame shame shame shame shame shame shame
Shame on you
If you can't torpedo beat too

That doesn't really add to the thread, never mind.

• Cool 1

[SIM]
Members
6,307 posts
10,286 battles

People fail to appreciate the fact that these stock hulls have already been modeled in game, and can therefore be rolled out by WG with only minor graphical reworks. That frees up the art team to work on entirely new ships, while letting WG continue to satisfy their requirements for new premium content that can help drive the game financially. 

[ABDA]
Beta Testers
17,538 posts
12,810 battles
1 hour ago, Crucis said:

What are you talking about?  What's the Ashitaka?

It's the old A hull for Amagi, down tiered to T7.

[PNGYN]
Members
493 posts
4,004 battles
16 hours ago, Seraphil said:

They'll never get the Mutsu in her actual WWII form, only in a gimped stock hull version.  Not the mention the highly-requested battleships like Ise and Hyuga, the Tosa-class battleships, the Musashi(which is finally coming, so there's one positive), the Yamashiro, and so on.

Hmm. 

Fair point. 

But again, I will revert back to what I said, there may be plans for those later on. 

I do see more of the reasoning now though, 07.

Sign in to follow this