Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Rekkoff

Indianapolis needs a buff... Maybe a hull heal?

34 comments in this topic

Beta Testers
259 posts

She just struggles, shes got a citadel the size of Texas that gets hit by anything from any angle. HE wrecks her, guns dont fire fast enough to be effective at range, cant survive up close.. She needs some serious love. 

Alpha Tester, Beta Testers
30,523 posts
6,045 battles

How bout a 12 second reload. That 14.3 is just asinine.

Other than that, meh.

• Cool 3

[SALTY]
Members
8,930 posts
18,124 battles

She just got buffs to her reload and detection range.

[SIM]
Members
6,307 posts
10,286 battles

A heal or a reload buff would be nice. She's pretty mediocre at this point. 

[A-D-F]
Members
7,876 posts
43,367 battles

She received buffs to radar too.

Then only thing I would like is 12 second reload. Other than that I don't see an issue.

Guns are still excellent.

[ERN]
Alpha Tester, Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters, Beta Testers
10,906 posts
4,896 battles

I want a reload buff to 10-12 second reload.

[K-P-M]
Members
1,616 posts
18,452 battles
14 minutes ago, IronWolfV said:

This^^^,but a one charge heal would be nice as well.

[RCNW3]
Members
2,002 posts
26,475 battles

Needs some love to become anything more than a port queen at this point. Reload buff would help

[HINON]
Members
7,797 posts
2,144 battles

Eh, give me a rudder shift buff, then we can go from there. 

[WG-CC]
-Members-, Members
9,101 posts
8,050 battles

Unless Pensacola received Buffs of a similar degree this would only result in a powercreep.

[NSF]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
5,304 posts
9,284 battles

Never really had any issues with Indy, but a reload buff would not go unappreciated.

Members
6,585 posts
8,564 battles
31 minutes ago, IronWolfV said:

Other than that, meh.

This is ally Indy really needs. The buff to her detection range a little while back made her super comfortable to play, and it's now much easier to utilize your radar since it goes out to 9.9km with the ship's detection range only being a bit farther than that with CE and camouflage.

Actually, the only other thing I would think Indy could have buffed is her rudder shift time. Making her just a bit more agile would go a long way in increasing her survivability, as right now she still feels rather sluggish compared to the tech tree USN cruisers.

Edited by GhostSwordsman

[GWG]
Members
8,018 posts
15,871 battles

Since I play it a lot, and the games are quite painful, I'd like to point out it's advantages:

1) RADAR

2) HYDRO

3) 8" RIFLES

4) AA

With these tools in mind, simply FORGET about any other use for this machine. 

You need to cap?  Let someone else do it while you hide bend a rock.

Battleship bothering you?  Just jump out in the open and fire a couple salvoes - it won't bother you anymore as you are sinking.  You can sneak in a couple if it's guns are more than 20 seconds from turning towards you.  But then, there might be a concealed BB just waiting to nail you.

Now, if it's a Mogami, broadside..  well worth the couple seconds to switch ammo to AP and get those out.

Between the Atlanta and Indianapolis, everyone will be focusing on you because RADAR.  The mantra from the DD operators is always, "Kill them FIRST".

Recommendations for improvement?  Well, since I can only get 2 salvoes out after hitting the Radar button, I'd say longer Radar, or shorter reload.

30,523 posts
6,045 battles
1 hour ago, Ace_04 said:

She just got buffs to her reload and detection range.

A whole .7 second off her reload from 15. Such a BIG change. Concealment was nice but 14.3 with 9 guns, just is not going to cut it especially since every other cruiser can supplement those guns with torps while Pensacola and Indy cannot

Hence why they both need to go down to 12-13 seconds.

[-VT-]
Members
782 posts
10,034 battles
42 minutes ago, AVR_Project said:

Since I play it a lot, and the games are quite painful, I'd like to point out it's advantages:

1) RADAR

2) HYDRO

3) 8" RIFLES

4) AA

With these tools in mind, simply FORGET about any other use for this machine. 

You need to cap?  Let someone else do it while you hide bend a rock.

Battleship bothering you?  Just jump out in the open and fire a couple salvoes - it won't bother you anymore as you are sinking.  You can sneak in a couple if it's guns are more than 20 seconds from turning towards you.  But then, there might be a concealed BB just waiting to nail you.

Now, if it's a Mogami, broadside..  well worth the couple seconds to switch ammo to AP and get those out.

Between the Atlanta and Indianapolis, everyone will be focusing on you because RADAR.  The mantra from the DD operators is always, "Kill them FIRST".

Recommendations for improvement?  Well, since I can only get 2 salvoes out after hitting the Radar button, I'd say longer Radar, or shorter reload.

Atlanta also has radar, so I think all things equal the ship showing the most broadside will get focused.

[AFK]
Members
136 posts
4,429 battles
1 hour ago, MajorRenegade said:

I want a reload buff to 10-12 second reload.

So literally a New Orleans a tier lower? if they do that they should just up tier it to 8.

edit; also, if you buff it you should probably buff the poor Pepsi and that makes the NO irrelevant which with a similar reload buff makes the Baltimore irrelevant which with a similar buff turns the Des Moines into an Atlanta with 8 inch guns.

Edited by Herodotus4

30,523 posts
6,045 battles
5 minutes ago, Herodotus4 said:

So literally a New Orleans a tier lower? if they do that they should just up tier it to 8.

edit; also, if you buff it you should probably buff the poor Pepsi and that makes the NO irrelevant which with a similar reload buff makes the Baltimore irrelevant which with a similar buff turns the Des Moines into an Atlanta with 8 inch guns.

Well honestly New Orleans should be the tier 7 to begin with and Wichita should be the tier 8. But yes Pensacola should also get a ROF buff down to around 12 seconds.

[SALTY]
Members
8,930 posts
18,124 battles
40 minutes ago, IronWolfV said:

A whole .7 second off her reload from 15. Such a BIG change. Concealment was nice but 14.3 with 9 guns, just is not going to cut it especially since every other cruiser can supplement those guns with torps while Pensacola and Indy cannot

Hence why they both need to go down to 12-13 seconds.

I wasn't debating the fact.  Was just stating to the OP in case they weren't aware of the recent buffs.

23 minutes ago, IronWolfV said:

Well honestly New Orleans should be the tier 7 to begin with and Wichita should be the tier 8. But yes Pensacola should also get a ROF buff down to around 12 seconds.

You know they're going to wait until the line split to really shake this one up.  Cleveland will more than likely retake the T8 spot in the CL line.  Pensacola and New Orleans will probably become the lower tier ships (T6-T7) once the sub-line of heavy cruisers is introduced.

Members
1,744 posts
8,862 battles

A buff to rudder shift would help. Much of the Indy's problem is that she shows her fat broadside for too long; she needs to close to Pensacola in terms of wiggling and manuvering. 

And yeah, I know that would make it basically a better Pensacola, but Indy’s radar does not compensate for her other flaws. I’m at a loss how to differentiate the two while having both be functional at tier 7. 

Members
1,866 posts

I'm not sure there's a lot they can do to nudge any CA premium from being anything but a "mehboat". But that's a good reason not to buy them. The 8" guns on a CA sort of make it a half-battleship that is incapable of being decisive very often.

[GWG]
Members
8,018 posts
15,871 battles
1 hour ago, Seadog_Supreme said:

I'm not sure there's a lot they can do to nudge any CA premium from being anything but a "mehboat". But that's a good reason not to buy them. The 8" guns on a CA sort of make it a half-battleship that is incapable of being decisive very often.

One of the reasons for Premium ships is captain training.  For me, the Indy was on sale for $15...  It's a tier 7.

So it's my captain trainer.  I'm up to a Cleveland, and I'd have to say it's about on par for that.  Cleveland is tankier, Indy has more wicked guns.

It's unforgivable against battleships -- at ANY angle.  It's pretty squishy against other cruisers as well.

If you can connect those shells to a target, you will survive.  Choose your fights carefully.

Members
1,866 posts
1 minute ago, AVR_Project said:

One of the reasons for Premium ships is captain training.  For me, the Indy was on sale for $15...  It's a tier 7.

So it's my captain trainer.  I'm up to a Cleveland, and I'd have to say it's about on par for that.  Cleveland is tankier, Indy has more wicked guns.

It's unforgivable against battleships -- at ANY angle.  It's pretty squishy against other cruisers as well.

If you can connect those shells to a target, you will survive.  Choose your fights carefully.

Pretty squishy but those guns will blow the side out of a broadside cruiser at a respectable distance.

Sign in to follow this