You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Reymu

Weekend spree

18 comments in this topic

[NG-NL]
Members
7,138 posts
12,577 battles

Regale us.

60% win rate on Saturday, including this gem in Kiev:

S1rkfPA.jpg

Gotta love free premium time and hoarding XP-boost camos :)

Then Sunday went sour and mostly defeats. The bots (what I call players who do poorly) were out as ever to cause defeats and be fish food.

Also 1/3 of the way done with Izumo's C hull. Changed my opinion--her MB is about as accurate as Gnei, and she gets focused a lot because her detection is so bad. Add in the weak AA and ok-ish secondaries, and now I better see why she's hated and FXP past her is a popular option. Still, see as a good match in her nets more than 6K ship XP w/ all my XP boosts, maybe I'll endure it to about 80K ship XP before I spend FXP like everyone else.

Unlocked Pensacola and haven't seen a stock ship that bad before. MB rotates slower than T7 BB MB!

Gotten closer to Tashkent, only 30K or so XP left. Planning to unlock her along with completing pensacola's upgrading.

Shoutout to Dastert and Thrasher for some good matches.

3rd final of yamamoto campaign completed. The 2 SC granted:

7uRcAWB.jpg

9R884QS.jpg

Did pretty well in Maas, was amusing how a NM that went with the lemming train and died (Two Brothers map) had an attitude problem towards me and Dastert for holding the open flank in our Maass and Belfast vs. 2 BBs and their Blys. Only wish I accepted the trip up middle as a suicide run and fired torps before dying, but oh well, hadn't noticed the Leander was angled until just before exploding.

Members
1,091 posts
4,681 battles

Had a great weekend. Didn't play much but did well when I did: 7 for 10 with an overall rating around 1800.

Unlocked both the Maass and the Kagero and had great games in both. 

Plus, a supercontainer containing 50 of those penants that give 777% free experience. 

So, not bad.

Members
2,992 posts
5,204 battles

My weekend went wonderfully. I went 24-6, and people were kind enough to show broadsides to my North Carolina often enough to trick me into feeling like a competent BB player.

Members
1,140 posts
8,387 battles

I finished the October Revolution missions and got the ship - which, considering that I missed the first week of the campaign, I was somewhat pleased with.  And let me just say, there is no special award for degree of difficulty.  So if you did it all at tier 10, bully for you, but while I played many ships from tier 4 to tier 10 to complete the campaign, special thanks must go to Yubari (for when I needed a win, or some kills, or a top three or top five result, or some planes - tier 4 carriers, meet defensive fire) and Sims (1600 base xp the easy way, or some top five results), with honorable mentions to Atlanta and Mogami (ribbons).

[ASHIP]
Members
5,454 posts
12,925 battles
14 minutes ago, cometguy said:

My weekend went wonderfully. I went 24-6, and people were kind enough to show broadsides to my North Carolina often enough to trick me into feeling like a competent BB player.

Or, maybe you were unconsciously being in the right places at the right times. Everyone has to give a broadside up more than once during a match. 

[NG-NL]
Members
7,138 posts
12,577 battles
24 minutes ago, cometguy said:

Could've used that in my MO and Izumo -_-, every cruiser or BB seemed to be afraid to show broadside.

10 minutes ago, Lillehuntrix said:

I finished the October Revolution missions and got the ship - which, considering that I missed the first week of the campaign, I was somewhat pleased with.  And let me just say, there is no special award for degree of difficulty.  So if you did it all at tier 10, bully for you, but while I played many ships from tier 4 to tier 10 to complete the campaign, special thanks must go to Yubari (for when I needed a win, or some kills, or a top three or top five result, or some planes - tier 4 carriers, meet defensive fire) and Sims (1600 base xp the easy way, or some top five results), with honorable mentions to Atlanta and Mogami (ribbons).

Got the ship as well last week, but don't like her top speed, so only done co-op for the easy wins so far.

Though if Russian navy gets a BB line, I'll use her to get a 6-8 pointer, since got so many ships now I have little need of Kutuzov, so sold her for doubloon refund.

[SIM]
Members
6,307 posts
10,286 battles

Played a bunch of Giulio Cesare games on Friday. First it was like :cap_haloween:. Then it was like :Smile-angry:. Now it's like :Smile_sceptic:. Not a big fan of the ship, unfortunately. Otherwise, played a few OR battles for Commie Crates aaaaand...yeah, that's all. Not a good weekend for me and Warships. I sense a small break from the game coming on.

Members
1,348 posts
13,915 battles

Nothing amazing, I had house guests most of the weekend. 

I did manage to get slightly closer than point blank in my Iowa to an Izumo. I mean like 1.3 kilometers. And obliterated her with a volley into her citadel. 

Other than that... meh. 

[RCNW3]
Members
2,002 posts
26,540 battles

Struggled grinding the New Orleans and Monarch, still base hull on Monarc ( do have range upgrade), but really the worst RN BB so far and with how bad the NO is, plus terrible MM up tiering, grinding is painful right now.  Refuse to use free exp, so this is going to take awhile....  other then those turds, got 5 stars on Halloween event, bought back the Fiji (RN discount), tested out the Belfast (it is just fine)....

[NERO]
Members
3,630 posts

Didn't play a lot but my first match is GC was awesome. 

First salvo ever was a triple citadel that deleted a cruiser.

Ended the game still floating with 110,000 damage, second place behind a Belfast and it was a T8 match to boot. GC is a really strong ship. 

Members
2,992 posts
5,204 battles
1 hour ago, Pulicat said:

Or, maybe you were unconsciously being in the right places at the right times. Everyone has to give a broadside up more than once during a match. 

That'd be awesome. Then I would just have to work on getting that at the conscious level.

[-K-]
[-K-]
Members
6,121 posts
27,978 battles

Played Clan Battles, which were super fun, and now Random Battles just feel like a constant reminder of what a boring mush of chaos the game is without reliable teammates.

[CRMSN]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
6,021 posts
4,739 battles

A good short weekend. 

I am excited for Kidd, I have been playing poorly lately..

So I challenged myself to get back into the Sim of things, what better way to prepare myself for Kidd and tie up of my sloppy habits as of late? 

Had a great couple of games in her, felt good to win again. 

[WOLF9]
Members
4,680 posts

Worst weekend in a while, as far as play quality and fun go...   Stuck around for the first win in Oktober and a container, then shut it down- all three days.

Just wasn't worth the time or effort.   Log into a match- it's over in minutes with barely any damage and it costs credits to boot.   Or the team just folds.

in a word: ARRRGGGHHH!   Soon as this event ends, I'm out.

Also whoever decided to make the Event mission for all the flags a 40k base experience one is a fiend, and totally off my Christmas card list.