Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
CutieKawaiiSugoiDesuNe

Heliborne - World of Warships/Airplanes-like game

3 comments in this topic

Members
51 posts
2,604 battles

I posted this on another forum but so far no replies.  Reposting it here to get your thoughts on the game.

Hey everybody,

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QaxFL3NnmQQ

I saw this review and decided to try the game out for a few hours and it looks pretty cool. I only did some COOP so i was wondering if anybody has tried it, what did you think of the PVP?

The main thing that i liked about HB over WOWS is that it has a spawn system. With WOWS if your ship is sunk you are done for the match. With HB when you queue up you can bring up to 3 different helos with you. If your first helo is shot down then you respawn at your base. The helo that was shot down will start its respawn timer but you can still hop into your two other helos and fly with them. For the types of helos you have scouts, attack helos and transports (and some hybrids). There are even ground units that can support you onces you've dropped them off. You can drop off regular infantry to cap bases. You can drop off soldiers with MANPADS, RPG/rocket teams who engage enemy ground units AND enemy helos that are hovering. And you have mortar teams which you can deploy and the scout helos if equipped with a mortar spotter can make use of mortar ground troops. From the air your scout helos can easily spot enemy soldiers, emplacements and vehicles and mark them for others to see. You have your hybrid assault helos/transports and you have full blown transport helos that can carry more troops. I havent gotten a chance to fly the dedicated attack helicopters yet to see what their strength role or special abilities are.

I've only played like 3 matches in COOP so i've barely scratched the surface. I dont know if i like it yet because i had a bad experience with WOWS. But for those of you that have played it longer, what do you think of it?

- - - Updated - - -

Ohh forgot to mention that so far it looks like you can only fly Russian and US Helos, though i may have spotted some Nato helos so maybe you can fly allied helos too. Here is are two pics of all the helos you can fly. Each helo has an icon on the top left of it. Triangle are scouts, square are transports, diamond are attack helos. Though just because you are a scout doesnt mean you will never carry troops. The Scout AH Mk 1 can carry 3 troops. The Hueys can carry some troops and rockets/missiles, even the bigger dual rotor transports can carry rockets. The Hind can carry some troops, i think some of the KH can too.

https://i.imgur.com/NdlGqni.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/hpmsraj.jpg

Members
51 posts
2,604 battles
3 hours ago, AirshipCanon said:

I like how that game blows you up if you leave the map.

Yah when i played WOWS i remember losing focus sometimes, especially on my CV's and bumping up against the map edge.  Wasnt there a thing too where people would get mad at other players who would slide up and down the map edge for a most of the match? In Heliborne there is a small buffer area from the time you first see the warning message to when you blow up. If you are flying directly  perpendicular to the edge at full speed you will blow up right away.  But if you are at a bit of an angle even at close to full speed if you are an aggressive flyer you can turn away in time.  Like you really have to dip the nose of your helo way down and way up if you want to abruptly change course or do a fast landing. I used to play helo games like Hind and Janes Longbow 2 back in the day and i was always doing crazy landings/takeoffs

Sign in to follow this