Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
holycrazyasian

October Woes

5 comments in this topic

[NO]
Members
369 posts
14,524 battles

So third day with the October Revolution and things are just not clicking. The ship is good and all but for some reason I can’t seem to make it preform. An avg 700 wtr with a sub 40% winrate. It’s not that I don’t know how to play bbs either since I’m a bb main with an avg winrate of 58% in scharnhorst, 64% in Missouri and 62% in Montana and 55%  all dark blue. Something is just not clicking

[SFBG]
[SFBG]
Members
1,594 posts
8,309 battles

I'm playing it like the Iron Duke.. Mid-range, no tanking at all, set fires on other BBs..  I have found it to be good against DDs that venture too close.

Edited by OtterWolf

[TSG4B]
[TSG4B]
Members
2,192 posts
11,681 battles
3 minutes ago, OtterWolf said:

i added rudder shift, and do a lot of wiggling

I am honestly, seriously, wondering, checking, logging in game, to see the ships actually HAD  rudder shift as stated. Unfortunately all I found/confirmed that t5 only have 3 slots, the last slot allow you to have main, aiming and damage control --> in which I believed you can switch to propulsion or steering gear (no rudder shift). Also checking capt skills to see if it any Russian bias capt (you know hidden skills given to USN/British/Yamamoto), and still no specific skills regarding about rudder shift.

Ship travel slow, as expected in t5, early dreadnought at 23 knots, you CANT wiggling that much, unless you mean turn before the enemy shots are in the air, which in turn contradicted to your little sentence.

Her HE is good as any Russian ship, but her AP full salvo are DEADLY as well. Don't just HE all the time, that bad advice. It situational and map awareness.

Regard about the OP, give the ship a chance, as you been playing high tiers ..... drop the mentality of high tier bb and go low to lower tier and it will click for you

[PVE]
Members
665 posts
5,701 battles

To me she feels good enough at everything. Tanks good enough (naturally you have to angle), hits hard enough, ship and turrets turn well enough to fight CLs and BBs at 8-12k. She is not great at anything except maybe concealment, but she can get the job done if you keep your distance from DDs.

She is a bit wonky, but that's okay because she looks a bit wonky.

Edit: she does not snipe, she is not a kongo.

Edited by MasterDiggs

[SFBG]
[SFBG]
Members
1,594 posts
8,309 battles
13 hours ago, ObiwankzKenobi said:

Unfortunately all I found/confirmed that t5 only have 3 slots,

You are correct, no rudder shift. Apologies to the OP.

Sign in to follow this