Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
TheDreadnought

Question about XP boosts from signals and camo

11 comments in this topic

[WOLF2]
Beta Testers
4,476 posts
6,073 battles

If I equip a signal or camo that gives +100% XP boost.  Does that in any way affect the calculation of my Commander XP for Free XP.  Or are those only modifiers to the final number that don't help your other XP calculations at all?

[HINON]
Supertester
20,518 posts
13,920 battles

Captain and Free XP are calculated from the XP total after all other modifiers are applied. So, yes, wearing a +100% XP camo will also affect your Captain XP and Free XP.

This is easily tested by looking at the post-battle XP breakdown screen.

[PSP]
Members
8,130 posts

Some things that I really never knew about XP until I read about it just now.

XP from downing planes depends only on the tier of the ship that the plane was launched from. All planes, no matter what type, count equally. Therefore, you get more XP from downing a spotter from a tier VIII battleship than you do a Bomber from a tier VI carrier.

XP from capturing an area depends on the capture points you have accrued before the area is captured. Thus you don't get nearly as many points if you rush in to "share" a capture as the person who has been there doing most of the work.

The same goes for defending an area -- the more capture points a ship has when you hit it and get a Defended flag, the more XP you will get.

Damage to modules, even that leading to the destruction of a module, doesn't add to XP earned.

A sniped kill doesn't gain you very much XP.

https://worldofwarships.com/en/content/guides/xp-and-credits/

[SUGAR]
[SUGAR]
Members
4,243 posts
15,022 battles

Ok, all of the boosts are based off of your base xp for the game, however, free xp is 5% of your overall cumulative xp.

So, if you have a big bunch of xp you will get 5% of that number, if you have a bunch of free xp modifiers say the 300 and 777% flags now you are getting several thousand free xp per game. Very easy to get games with 12k xp and 8k freexp.

Unfortunately  I am addicted to those flags and can't find a reason to play the game if I don't have them. The idea of getting 130 free xp in a game horrifies me. 

[WOLF2]
Beta Testers
4,476 posts
6,073 battles
19 minutes ago, Lert said:

Captain and Free XP are calculated from the XP total after all other modifiers are applied. So, yes, wearing a +100% XP camo will also affect your Captain XP and Free XP.

This is easily tested by looking at the post-battle XP breakdown screen.

But I don't think that is true.  Maybe you can show me where my math is wrong:

If you add up the Earned amount, plus the modifiers, you arrive at the total of 6088.  But the Earned amount for Captain's XP is only 2406.   Or are "Ship's Bonuses" on the Captain portion, really just "XP Modifiers" above.  They're the same amount.

If I were designing a spreadsheet to display this information, I'd definitely do it differently.

XP Calculation.PNG

[HINON]
Supertester
20,518 posts
13,920 battles
1 minute ago, TheDreadnought said:

But I don't think that is true.

It's very simple. If ship bonus XP didn't affect captain XP, it would be easy to get more ship XP than captain XP by wearing a +100% XP camo and no modifiers to captain XP.

Try it.

[SUGAR]
[SUGAR]
Members
4,243 posts
15,022 battles
38 minutes ago, TheDreadnought said:

But I don't think that is true.  Maybe you can show me where my math is wrong:

If you add up the Earned amount, plus the modifiers, you arrive at the total of 6088.  But the Earned amount for Captain's XP is only 2406.   Or are "Ship's Bonuses" on the Captain portion, really just "XP Modifiers" above.  They're the same amount.

If I were designing a spreadsheet to display this information, I'd definitely do it differently.

XP Calculation.PNG

Ship xp is captain xp to the dot. then add any captain xp specific modifiers, in your example you had a camo that gave an additional 150% captains xp and a 50% flag. Play a game with no captain xp modiers and your ship xp and captains xp will be the same every game.

[HINON]
Supertester
20,518 posts
13,920 battles
6 minutes ago, Sweetsie said:

Ship xp is captain xp to the dot. then add any captain xp specific modifiers, in your example you had a camo that gave an additional 150% captains xp and a 50% flag. Play a game with no captain xp modiers and your ship xp and captains xp will be the same every game.

^ This.

See this screenshot:

HtNhMZl.jpg

I had a battle wearing only ship XP modifiers (Ocean Soul camo and ESCL signal) with no captain XP modifiers whatsoever, and the captain XP is the same as the final tally of the XP after ship XP modifiers.

Like I said before, if Ship XP modifiers did not affect Captain XP, it should be possible to get more Ship XP than captain XP. It's not.

[SUGAR]
[SUGAR]
Members
4,243 posts
15,022 battles
2 hours ago, Sovereigndawg said:

It's all calculated off of Base XP so no it won't help your Captain XP.

that is not correct. all xp bonuses will help you get more captains xp. 

Example, 1000 base xp in a game, you receive: 1000 ship xp, 1000 captains xp, and 50 free xp.........

Now add a flag or camo that provides 100% xp to that game you will now receive, 2000 ship xp, 2000 captains xp and 100 free xp.

There are five major things to maximize xp rewards: Win, Do well in the game you won, get as much XP modifiers as possible, get as many captains modifiers as possible, and lastly get as many free xp modifiers as possible. 

My best game with captains xp was 48k, I saw one guy post a game were he had 75k in captains xp alone in one game.

Sign in to follow this