You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Xantek

October Rev. Reward

32 comments in this topic

Members
117 posts
8,577 battles

So I bought the okt. rev. the day it was on sale then silly me was hoping for atleast credit value when i "re-earn" it via missions....guess it's way too much to ask after dropping 50 bucks on pixel ships.

[ARGSY]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
5,795 posts
20,995 battles
1 hour ago, Royal_Seahawk said:

And that is why I won't buy a ship I know I can earn, although I'm too new to the game so I'll never earn this one, but I'm sure there will be others.

The possible reward from the daily container is too much RNG depending to buy her from my point of view. I have more than 20k gold, more then 120mio credits even I have every T10 beides CV and still 23k free XP owning both the Missouri and the Nelson. The missions were easy enough to get them done on the first day. There was no advantage to buy her. The 7mio credits is about the same I make within 3-4 hours playing the game.

[LOU1]
Members
3,560 posts
9,429 battles

Just got the last win in my Cleveland.  Got the slot, commander and 7M+ credits immediately.  Was at ~23M and now am at ~30M silver.  I bought the ship on the 3rd or 4th day because going for the missions was affecting my game play.  (Didn't help much because I started trying for OTHER missions...)

Edited by ExploratorOne

[O_O]
Members
5,003 posts
11,226 battles

I bought the Okt Rev on the first day.  I just completed the final stage of the missions last night and received the captain, etc.  I showed the ship being awarded, but nowhere did I see any notification I received a credit compensation since I already have the ship.  I know I am supposed to get it, I just didn't see a notification.  I currently have $16M silver.  I didn't check my balance before I completed the mission, but I'm pretty sure it wasn't $9M.

I wasn't sure if the Crimson crates would be worth paying $25 and buying the ship on release day.  But, I had some things going on and wasn't sure I would be able to play enough to complete the mission (turns out it wasn't an issue), so I paid it.

I have earned 19 Crimson containers since having Okt Rev (so far).  Those containers have yielded 5,000 Free XP x11, 24 hours premium time x6, and 250 doubloons x2.

I was hoping for more doubloons, but the Free XP acceleration to Nelson has been nice.

• Cool 1

[DD214]
Members
772 posts
2 hours ago, Beornotns said:

Well, that is a large chunk of change for me, so...  I bought it and I am on the 3rd bit for the last mission set.  Still have a few days to make top 5 3 times.

~B

Only need top 3 once, and the other are just wins.

"Win three battles and place among the Top 5 XP earners at least once over any number of battles."

• Cool 1

[0456]
[0456]
Members
2,809 posts
7,992 battles
1 hour ago, desmo_2 said:

I bought the Okt Rev on the first day.  I just completed the final stage of the missions last night and received the captain, etc.  I showed the ship being awarded, but nowhere did I see any notification I received a credit compensation since I already have the ship.  I know I am supposed to get it, I just didn't see a notification.  I currently have $16M silver.  I didn't check my balance before I completed the mission, but I'm pretty sure it wasn't $9M.

This must have been it- I was just saying the same thing... I haven't been actively engaged in the missions but must have been completing them all coincidentally since I got the OR last night. I'll need to check the credits thing too since there was no record of anything being earned. 

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
7,307 posts
20,152 battles
12 minutes ago, ENO75 said:

This must have been it- I was just saying the same thing... I haven't been actively engaged in the missions but must have been completing them all coincidentally since I got the OR last night. I'll need to check the credits thing too since there was no record of anything being earned. 

I bought the ship early on, the middle bundle with 6 point captain. When I finished up the mission, I had another 6 point captain, a port slot but no mention of any credits and honestly don't remember what my balance was. Read in the forums it should have been around 7 million or so but had no announcement of getting any. When I completed the requirements, got that "adding a ship noise" but there was no little box of prizes or message in "additions/announcements" so had to look in my reserve for the captain, and I knew I received a port slot because I had an uneven number of them (I always like even numbers because I am weird). 

[0456]
[0456]
Members
2,809 posts
7,992 battles
2 minutes ago, NeutralState said:

Is the october ship a premium? or a pseudo premium?

Available for sale but also available to earn through missions. So both I guess? 

[NEUTR]
Members
2,207 posts
7,574 battles
Just now, ENO75 said:

Available for sale but also available to earn through missions. So both I guess? 

So the mission reward ship has increased credit earning?

[AR15]
Supertester
2,589 posts
8,736 battles
49 minutes ago, NeutralState said:

So the mission reward ship has increased credit earning?

Yes, it's a 100% premium ship in every way. You can just earn it as a reward through missions instead of having to buy it.  

[SOL-B]
Members
217 posts
7,559 battles
4 hours ago, Seamus_44 said:

"Win three battles and place among the Top 5 XP earners at least once over any number of battles."

I agree that is what it says.    But there is a typo somewhere.  You must have 3 wins in the top 5.   

• Cool 4

[FOXEH]
Members
1,430 posts
5,756 battles
9 hours ago, Erebthoron said:

The possible reward from the daily container is too much RNG depending to buy her from my point of view. I have more than 20k gold, more then 120mio credits even I have every T10 beides CV and still 23k free XP owning both the Missouri and the Nelson. The missions were easy enough to get them done on the first day. There was no advantage to buy her. The 7mio credits is about the same I make within 3-4 hours playing the game.

Brag much?  Ego feel better?  

• Cool 1

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
7,307 posts
20,152 battles
13 hours ago, NeutralState said:

Is the october ship a premium? or a pseudo premium?

She is a real premium ship that is available for free. Any Russian captain can skipper her and she has all the other benefits of premium ships.

Members
731 posts
4,148 battles
On 10/22/2017 at 4:22 AM, Seamus_44 said:

Um, nope.

On 10/22/2017 at 8:34 AM, Cooper_Capt said:

I agree that is what it says.    But there is a typo somewhere.  You must have 3 wins in the top 5.   

You have to have 3 wins in top 5.  So, 2 more GOOD wins to go.  (grumble grumble)

[TDG]
Members
1,613 posts
7,825 battles

Three Top 5 wins is much higher bar than written, but still better than the 1600 BaseXP in stage 1.

At least for me, the Top 5 wins happen more regularly.

Of course, they will be scarce now that I need them.

[NSEW]
Members
1,030 posts

Without saturating the forums with another thank you post.

I'd like to thank Wargame staff for giving us another chance of getting a free ship.

• Cool 1

Members
731 posts
4,148 battles
4 hours ago, Beornotns said:

Um, nope.

You have to have 3 wins in top 5.  So, 2 more GOOD wins to go.  (grumble grumble)

Annnnnd got it.  Nice chunk of change.  But my win % friggin TAAAAAAAAAAANKED!

~B

Members
1,866 posts

The 50 buck package was sweet! 6500 'bloons plus the ship and other goodies. I've earned the value of the ship from the crimson crates, so I basically got a free ship without the grind, a month ahead.

[DD214]
Members
772 posts
4 hours ago, YeOldeTraveller said:

Three Top 5 wins is much higher bar than written, but still better than the 1600 BaseXP in stage 1.

At least for me, the Top 5 wins happen more regularly.

Of course, they will be scarce now that I need them.

yep. Took half a day to get 1600 (missed twice by less than 25) and the next three games all over 2400. That was a high first section. Now I have to win one per day in my new port queen for the big crates.

[TDG]
Members
1,613 posts
7,825 battles
2 hours ago, Seamus_44 said:

yep. Took half a day to get 1600 (missed twice by less than 25) and the next three games all over 2400. That was a high first section. Now I have to win one per day in my new port queen for the big crates.

Point to remember if it turns into a problem (doesn't sound like it, but just in case):  The Crimson Crates can be earned in Co-Op.