You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
STINKWEED_

Why tier 8 has become unplayable

79 comments in this topic

[INTEL]
Members
1,311 posts
11,179 battles

T8's are unplayable?? When did this start?

I'm no unicum barely holding a 1050ish WTR and 51ish% win rate with very little experience playing T8 and 9.

Kutuzov 9-5, 50% survival rate, 51k ave damage

New Orleans 34-33, +50% survival rate, 41.6k av dam and 1.48 destruction ratio

Edinburgh 8-8, 50% survival rate, 53.4k av dam

Hipper 53-55 , +49% survival rate, 39.8k ave damage. (hey wadda ya expect for my first T8 ship? lol)

T8's need skills you should have learned playing T5's in T7, T6's in T8's, and 7's in 9's. Pick your fight, just because you "can" shoot doesn't mean you should. Take care of your ship, ie: Hit points, because a dead ship doesn't help anyone but even a bottom tier with a lot left can be decisive late game.

For reference...

Roon 30-15, 68% survival rate, 49.5 av dam. 2.36 destruct ratio

Baltimore 4-2, 100% survival rate, 49k av dam, (and I just know Ima get detonated 1 minute into my next match after posting this)

Members
218 posts
2,112 battles

I don't know about other classes but CVs definitely need to be changed to +1/-1 at all tiers, especially T8. T9 AA is already devastating to T8 carriers and nothing better comes out of T10. If WG wants to increase CV population they have to get around to changing the MM for them.

Edited by 457th_FighterGroup

Members
49 posts
3,716 battles

My Akizuki can still do really well in a T10 game. I'm really looking forward to T9 and T10 for this ship. A T10 Super Akizuki with better manoeuvrability, 24k HP and better gun? sign me in!

[TOAST]
[TOAST]
Members
971 posts
8,506 battles
10 hours ago, Soshi_Sone said:

Mogami has a 9.3km conceal with proper setup, and a 4X4 setup of 10km torps.  Play it correctly, and all SIXTEEN torps can be sent downrange without the enemy ever spotting you.  It also gives you a T10 DS capability, even if it means your own destruction.  Swap a T10 for a T8...that's usually a winning combination.  

Although the 15kmgun  range might seem short, it provides nigh 6 km of silence slop.  Pick your shots wisely.  Watch who the enemy is shooting...where their guns are pointing.  When they shoot.  A Mogami can be a very dangerous in a T10 match. Play to her strengths...know her weaknesses.

^This

I can only play 2-3 Amagi games before I'm done with it for one night. I unlocked the Mogami and played 10 games in a row that night. With all the things the mogami has that you mentioned it felt comfortable. It was kind of hilarious to play a cruiser like a DD that has 15 guns. :Smile_teethhappy: