Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
LeavingForever

Cesare's camo missing?

14 comments in this topic

Members
101 posts

I have it equipped but alas I'm not seeing my fancy camo at all. Is there a mission or a bug or something? Just confused. Sorry for the terrible phone quality. So it's clearly applied, just not on the actual ship herself. Strange.

20171021_214723.jpg

Edited by BustyNightmareMoon

[HINON]
Supertester
20,554 posts
13,970 battles

You know you can take screenshots with the prt scrn key, right? Don't need to go through the whole procedure of taking out your phone, etc

As for the problem described, disable all your mods, restart the client, check again.

• Cool 1

Members
101 posts
5 minutes ago, Lert said:

You know you can take screenshots with the prt scrn key, right? Don't need to go through the whole procedure of taking out your phone, etc

As for the problem described, disable all your mods, restart the client, check again.

I tried prt scrn and it wigged out once, was just playing it safe and I'll reset my mods. Strangely enough I have no skin mods, just swastikas and IJN flags.

Edited by BustyNightmareMoon

[HINON]
Supertester
20,554 posts
13,970 battles
1 minute ago, BustyNightmareMoon said:

just swastikas and IJN flags.

Those are still texture mods and can interfere with the game's own textures.

• Cool 1

Members
101 posts
Just now, Lert said:

Those are still texture mods and can interfere with the game's own textures.

Alrighty. Also would you happen to know about the phantom lag issues? I got a i7 6900hq and a nvidia 1080 and I usually get 120 fps at the beginning of the game but it drops into the 40 or 30 fps range during actual game play. I'm really unsure, I've been up the wall with people and myself on it and some folks just say it's something either completely wrong with wows or my pc. I've never had a issue with any game. I run just about everything with 60 fps at ultra and run far beyond. People are saying they've run wows with even weaker specs and hold above 60 fps. It's strange and grueling. It does it in vanilla and nodded version. Kinda running out of ideas at this point. Sorry to bother you with this Lert, you're a pretty important figure in the game and I thank you for at least dropping by.

[HINON]
Supertester
20,554 posts
13,970 battles

I run a steady 70-ish fps on weaker specs than yours. No idea really what might be causing the fps loss, maybe try running without mods? Make sure your drivers are up to date, your registry is clean, etc.

Members
101 posts
7 hours ago, Lert said:

I run a steady 70-ish fps on weaker specs than yours. No idea really what might be causing the fps loss, maybe try running without mods? Make sure your drivers are up to date, your registry is clean, etc.

All of which has been done before as said vanilla does the same thing and drivers are completely up to date, but what is registry? I am interested because this might be the thing I need.

[HINON]
Supertester
20,554 posts
13,970 battles
2 hours ago, BustyNightmareMoon said:

what is registry?

The registry is where windows keeps all its references, file associations, settings, etc etc. The longer you've been using that install of windows, the more 'polluted' it gets with old references, out of date links, bloat, unused references, etc. You know that feeling of windows becoming ever more lethargic and slow? That's due to registry bloat.

Download and run a registry cleaner like ccleaner to see if that might help.

• Cool 1

Members
101 posts
Just now, Lert said:

The registry is where windows keeps all its references, file associations, settings, etc etc. The longer you've been using that install of windows, the more 'polluted' it gets with old references, out of date links, bloat, unused references, etc. You know that feeling of windows becoming ever more lethargic and slow? That's due to registry bloat.

I will take a gander. Unsure what to say about it. I'll look it up. I am unsure if it will help, I'll let you known how it goes. Thanks Lert!

Members
101 posts
2 hours ago, Lert said:

Right before I use cleaner. My only concern is that nothing else runs bad on my computer, it's really only been this game.

[HINON]
Supertester
20,554 posts
13,970 battles

I don't know what to tell you, man.

These are all fairly standard, basic steps to run when anything runs bad. Or just in general maintenance.

[TCF]
[TCF]
Members
299 posts
11,520 battles

My honest bet is that you are running a custom camoflages.xml file in your World_Of_Warships\res_mods\6.12.0.1 folder that hasn't been updated to the current version.  If that file exists just move it out of the folder or rename it. 

Many people just move their old mods into a new version's mod folder (like 6.12.0 to 6.12.0.1) and it won't contain the proper camoflage entries for newly released camos.  It's happened to me many times with the school bus, sci fi camo etc.

Members
101 posts
7 hours ago, Lert said:

These are all fairly standard, basic steps to run when anything runs bad. Or just in general maintenance.

I noticed something, WOWS files fragment pretty badly. They at times even refuse defragging.

Members
101 posts
23 hours ago, Lert said:

I did everything it seems much better but still has drops. Unsure, but all is good. I'll do anything to fix it. But thank you SO much for the help though man.

Sign in to follow this