You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
ElAurens

The Cleveland at Tier 8

33 comments in this topic

[YARRR]
Members
625 posts
4,907 battles

With renewed talk of the Cleveland moving to T8, I'm wondering what her specs would be at that tier?

Main battery range would have to be upped to at least 16km. for starters.

Her speed would not change as 32kt. was her real top speed.

Armor and or citadel changes?  Better secondary range?  Radar?

What else?

Thoughts?

Edited by ElAurens

Members
566 posts
2,000 battles
17 minutes ago, ElAurens said:

With renewed talk of the Cleveland moving to T8, I'm wondering what her specs would be at that tier?

What else?

Thoughts?

Mr. ElAurens the picture is It Mikasa? like the picture. Thank you for sharing with us. 

Members
4,723 posts
7,722 battles
19 minutes ago, ElAurens said:

What else?

Thoughts?

She has a tough time at tier 6.  Low azz win rate in that tier. Put her in tier 8?  She would have to be buffed a lot as you say. 

[YARRR]
Members
625 posts
4,907 battles

Yes, that is Mikasa in my signature photo, thanks for noticing, Maggie_Saito.

Atom_Alchemist, the talk of Cleveland moving to T8 has actually been around for some time, usually discussed with talk of the US cruiser line split.

Edited by ElAurens

[GREPT]
[GREPT]
Beta Testers
6,739 posts
7,756 battles
16 minutes ago, Atom_Alchemist said:

where is this discussion about clevland moving to t8?

It's been confirmed since CBT that it's going to happen. 

As to the topic, AA, she's missing 4 quad bofors. 

[HINON]
Supertester
20,455 posts
13,901 battles

Likely some citadel changes, more speed, more AA, more range, better ROF, then maybe a gimmick like radar or smoke.

[GREPT]
[GREPT]
Beta Testers
6,739 posts
7,756 battles
6 minutes ago, dmckay said:

She has a tough time at tier 6.  Low azz win rate in that tier. Put her in tier 8?  She would have to be buffed a lot as you say. 

The cleveland was nerfed into the ground to fit into tier 6, all of those would have to be reverted to bring her up and up she shall go.

• Cool 1

[PVE]
Members
14,929 posts
9,472 battles

According to beta testers, the Cleveland was heavily nerfed to what it is now and after unnerfing is supposed to fit well at T8.

[SYN]
Alpha Tester, Beta Testers
30,523 posts
4,931 battles
36 minutes ago, dmckay said:

She has been nerfed repeatedly to fit tier 6. RoF nerf, citadel changes, less AA than she actually carried. Gun traverse nerfs.

Trust me. Put her back to CBT stats bump her HP and she's good to go.

[HINON]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
7,541 posts
2,090 battles

It would be "Cleveland - the unnerfing"

WG would simply do the most terrifying thing they could with Cleveland; present her in her historical form.

The RoF would jump from 7.5 rpm to 10 rpm, kicking her broadside form 90 rpm to 120 rpm. The turret traverse would jump from 5.5º/sec (32.73 second traverse time) to 10º/sec (18 seconds).

Just for starters, of course

[SYN]
Alpha Tester, Beta Testers
30,523 posts
4,931 battles
2 minutes ago, Phoenix_jz said:

It would be "Cleveland - the unnerfing"

WG would simply do the most terrifying thing they could with Cleveland; present her in her historical form.

The RoF would jump from 7.5 rpm to 10 rpm, kicking her broadside form 90 rpm to 120 rpm. The turret traverse would jump from 5.5º/sec (32.73 second traverse time) to 10º/sec (18 seconds).

Just for starters, of course

4 more quad Bofors that she is missing also.

[RKLES]
Beta Testers
471 posts
7,057 battles

The early CBT Cleaveland was the definition of over-powered.  IIRC, the biggest nerf was the shell velocity.  Imagine the Cleaveland with guns that handled more like the Kutozov with a higher rate of fire.

[JASH]
Members
3,679 posts
10,048 battles

First and lowest tier ship I ever bought permanent premium camo for.  I keep her in my port, play her on occasions when I feel like something simpler and wait for that day...  

Edited by lemekillmister
  • Cool 2

[ISLA]
Beta Testers
355 posts
7,902 battles
1 hour ago, ElAurens said:

What else?

Thoughts?

Ya she probly move to t8 for the CL tree split.  she probly get radar or smoke.  her armour will not change and her hp will go up.   she will probly act like she did in closes beta before all her nerfs.

Members
1,215 posts
5,446 battles

What else?

Thoughts?

At tier 8 she would need radar and better concealment.  Slight buff to ROF.

[WOLF6]
Members
320 posts
2,608 battles
1 minute ago, Psicopro said:

At tier 8 she would need radar and better concealment.  Slight buff to ROF.

Don't forget that at T8 she would have access to concealment module.

Aren't her super high firing arcs non-historical, as well?  They don't make any sense ballistically when compared to other 150-155mm guns in the game, even accounting for slow muzzle velocities.

[ARRGG]
Members
4,863 posts
8,147 battles

What else?

Thoughts?

The Cleveland’s accuracy sucks at range with her loopy shell trajectory so giving it more range doesn’t mean she will hit that much unless you....

Flatten out the Shell trajectory, not to much just a little ..so she can still lob shells over Islands ... tighten up the shell groupings

quicker reloads .. more health, more armor, gotta have a heal

is it to much to ask for a set a Torps to be installed .. say 4 60 k speed 8k range

pretty please !!!

that is all

[ARRGG]
Members
4,863 posts
8,147 battles

Yes, that is Mikasa in my signature photo, thanks for noticing, Maggie_Saito.

Atom_Alchemist, the talk of Cleveland moving to T8 has actually been around for some time, usually discussed with talk of the US cruiser line split.

That a flying pig !!! 

[YARRR]
Members
625 posts
4,907 battles

She didn't have torpedos in reality, so I don't think she should have them in the game really.

Yes indeed, a flying pig, the guys I have been gaming with since 2002 in flight sims are called The Blitz Pigs.  Some of us drive boats too...

Edited by ElAurens

[5BS]
Members
6,682 posts

Assuming a full CL/CA split? Likely the CA's will lose access to Radar and the CL's will get it instead (prioritize DD hunting). My *gut* says that the CL's will get Radar+DFAA, while the CA's will get Repair+DFAA (right down to T6). So for the Cleveland, I assume Radar+DFAA (mountable simultaneously) a very slight buff to reload (7 sec reload, maybe 6.5 tops), AA DPS Buff, and maybe a tad more health, put her at an even 38000 (given the Cleveland is actually pretty heavy for a CL).

[SYN]
Members
4,921 posts
11,844 battles

The Cleveland's current shell speed and trajectory, dispersion, and turret traverse is almost unacceptable for a Tier VI cruiser, let alone a Tier VIII.  Especially the turret traverse, which is a joke in it's current state.  Yeah, the Myoko's turrets turn slow too, but at least the consistency and effectiveness of the guns make up for it when they're finally aimed.  You don't get that at all with the Cleveland unless you're at in-your-face ranges.

[HINON]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
7,541 posts
2,090 battles
6 minutes ago, Kuckoo said:

The Cleveland's current shell speed and trajectory, dispersion, and turret traverse is almost unacceptable for a Tier VI cruiser, let alone a Tier VIII.  Especially the turret traverse, which is a joke in it's current state.  Yeah, the Myoko's turrets turn slow too, but at least the consistency and effectiveness of the guns make up for it when they're finally aimed.  You don't get that at all with the Cleveland unless you're at in-your-face ranges.

Hence the unnerfing. The turrets historically rotated at 10º/sec (almost double the current 5.5) and fired 10 rpm (per gun).