Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
AtlanticRim

Great Time with Langley

12 comments in this topic

[VVV]
Members
391 posts
2,400 battles

FANBOY INCOMING

Before today I had never played any carrier. I finally grinded past the Wyoming and got to the Langley. I did have a rough start, as I had to get used to the new control scheme, but after about 7 battles, I love it! It's awesome manage all your planes and stop the enemy carrier before they can hit your ships, while you are hitting their ships. I will definitely continue to play carriers in the near future.

FANBOY OVER

Alright, seriously, I had a great time with Langley. I know I will have to practice more to even begin to fathom the strategy that is used in higher tiers, but I'll try to have a good time doing it.

I also agree with the belief that the skill floor is high for carriers. If I hadn't nerded out and researched everything on the Wiki and Forums before buying, I would have been helpless. Still was my first few battles.

• Cool 1

[RLGN]
Members
10,056 posts
19,462 battles

CVs run the whole gamut; from 'God I sucked,' to 'Holy cow I did that???' Real feast or famine.

Best advice I could give you, since you seem to have done your research; is practice lots in Co-op before really jumping both feet into Randoms. Get down familiarity with the controls.

Beyond that; watch out when you get to Tier 6, because that's when manual attacks and fighter strafe start.

[RQL]
Members
43 posts
5,497 battles
20 hours ago, Estimated_Prophet said:

CVs run the whole gamut; from 'God I sucked,' to 'Holy cow I did that???' Real feast or famine.

Best advice I could give you, since you seem to have done your research; is practice lots in Co-op before really jumping both feet into Randoms. Get down familiarity with the controls.

Beyond that; watch out when you get to Tier 6, because that's when manual attacks and fighter strafe start.

Stay out of co-op, you wont learn anything useful against bots. Yeah you will take a few beatdowns but in the long run they will only make you better. You will not be challenged by the bots in co-op at all.

[RLGN]
Members
10,056 posts
19,462 battles
56 minutes ago, Dr_Tachyon said:

Stay out of co-op, you wont learn anything useful against bots. Yeah you will take a few beatdowns but in the long run they will only make you better. You will not be challenged by the bots in co-op at all.

I'd have to argue otherwise. I've been in too many 5 and 6 to 1 situations because bad/unlucky real players or stupid bot 'players' all die and leave me alone to ever say you won't be challenged by the bots.

Considering some of the stupidity I've seen in Randoms; there are times when I think the bots are smarter than real players.

Learn the controls somewhere that you'll be less likely to panic from confusion, be kvetched at by your team as an idiot noob, or get completely curbstomped/shutdown by a sealclubber. Worry more about being 'challenged' when you're comfortable driving a carrier.

[VVV]
Members
391 posts
2,400 battles

I've been practicing a lot in Co-op, prob will for a long while. It does provide bunches of fun and practice, not ready for Rando carrier salt yet.

*RANT INCOMING*

Also, I do have to say that some dudes just hate against CVs. I was in a game where the dude sorta went off in chat after I bottlenecked a couple cruisers and 1 leftover torp hit him. He then died shortly thereafter (Not sure if bc my torp or not). He went off on how CVs were always either TKers, AFK, or potatoes. I did apologise, but he still went off. I checked, he ended up dead last on the team XP list.

*RANT OVER*

Ahh that feels better. Thanks for the feedback, will continue in Co-op.

Members
4,117 posts
8,680 battles
On ‎10‎/‎22‎/‎2017 at 8:55 PM, AtlanticRim said:

I've been practicing a lot in Co-op, prob will for a long while. It does provide bunches of fun and practice, not ready for Rando carrier salt yet.

*RANT INCOMING*

Also, I do have to say that some dudes just hate against CVs. I was in a game where the dude sorta went off in chat after I bottlenecked a couple cruisers and 1 leftover torp hit him. He then died shortly thereafter (Not sure if bc my torp or not). He went off on how CVs were always either TKers, AFK, or potatoes. I did apologise, but he still went off. I checked, he ended up dead last on the team XP list.

*RANT OVER*

Ahh that feels better. Thanks for the feedback, will continue in Co-op.

Well I would also say stay in Co-Op for awhile, at least until you feel you are ready for Random. And I would do this with any new ship.

As far as CV hate, tell them to "Bite your Stern".

[VVV]
Members
391 posts
2,400 battles
9 hours ago, WolfofWarship said:

Awesome to hear you're having a really great experience @AtlanticRim How's the co-op going?

It's actually going great. Loving the Langley and grinded all the upgrades, and working to the Bogue. Haven't had a lot of time for playing recently, but that's gonna change soon. :)

Thanks for all the kind words and advice. Really makes me glad to be part of this community.

• Cool 1

[WOLFD]
Members
112 posts
3,376 battles
On October 22, 2017 at 3:26 PM, Estimated_Prophet said:

Learn in random, coop is a waste if time, you'll make more coins in random even when u suck

[OPGS]
Members
608 posts
4,038 battles

Watch out tho, manual attack and strafe is the bread and butter of carrier and they are disabled for T4 and 5 CV. If you don't learn them when you get to T6 you will be splatted and rolled over by the enemy cv.

Members
3 posts
1,395 battles

Must confess I only used coop to learn how to strafe, but those brief experiments where worth it. Also learning manual drops is easier against bots, its then the learning curve of upping it to random. You will have three types of game, utterly awful, ok, utter genius... There is no middle ground in a CV.

Beta Testers
3,072 posts
1,838 battles
2 hours ago, hjp766 said:

Also learning manual drops is easier against bots

I found it easier against people. Half of them didn't even try to dodge while the others were unkillable ninjas. The Langley is a great ship to start out on and can be fun. Bogue is a bit harder since as of right now you don't have the DB in your stock loadout and it turns worse then most BB :Smile_Default: 

Sign in to follow this