Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
AtlanticRim

Help with Dogfighting Expert

5 comments in this topic

[VVV]
Members
391 posts
2,400 battles

So I'm trying to get a build for a carrier and I chanced upon a skill called Dogfighing Expert. I have questions. The performance by tier bonus is self-explanitory, but does the +10% to fighter ammo a given or is it with a tier difference?

Also, which is better for a US carrier captain: Dogfighting Expert or Evasive Manuever?

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
7,329 posts
20,192 battles

The +10% ammo is all the time, not just when up tiered. I think the general consensus is that Evasive Maneuver is not worth taking. There are some who use it, but very few from what I have read on forums. The extra ammo is nice IMHO, and when you end up in a two CV game or up against something like Saipan, the Dogfighting skill comes in handy. For carriers that have lower tiered aircraft than the ship (i.e. Kaga) I would imagine Dogfighting Expert is a must. 

• Cool 2

[VVV]
Members
391 posts
2,400 battles
Just now, Taylor3006 said:

The +10% ammo is all the time, not just when up tiered. I think the general consensus is that Evasive Maneuver is not worth taking. There are some who use it, but very few from what I have read on forums. The extra ammo is nice IMHO, and when you end up in a two CV game or up against something like Saipan, the Dogfighting skill comes in handy. For carriers that have lower tiered aircraft than the ship (i.e. Kaga) I would imagine Dogfighting Expert is a must. 

Alright thanks for that. That's super helpful in building my captain. :cap_like:

Members
18 posts
1,442 battles

The ammo boost is a given. And it’s a nice help. 

Dogfighting is a good skill, depending on whatship you are playing. Evasive maneuvers is not that important, IMHO

[NG-NL]
Members
5,719 posts
9,439 battles
On 10/21/2017 at 2:54 PM, AtlanticRim said:

So I'm trying to get a build for a carrier and I chanced upon a skill called Dogfighing Expert. I have questions. The performance by tier bonus is self-explanitory, but does the +10% to fighter ammo a given or is it with a tier difference?

Also, which is better for a US carrier captain: Dogfighting Expert or Evasive Manuever?

Mostly the dps boost for stock planes just as a bandaid, main benefit is the extra ammo.

Evasive Manever is essential for extra protection against AA when TB and DB fly back. Once committed to manual or auto drop, hit F and they get the HP buff during the attack. Just remember to order them to fly to your carrier once out of AA. Also, the HP buff will only reduce losses to strafes by about 1/4, but it's better than nothing. Plus the slowed speed shrinks the time the bombers get strafed.

Also found Evasive pretty handy against cruisers that pop DF immediately. Pretty fair your planes get 75% more HP suddenly when the cruiser gets extra AA dps.

Sign in to follow this