You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Fink117

USS Massachusetts

21 comments in this topic

Beta Testers
55 posts
4,798 battles

Do you think this is going to be a Doubloon ship Free XP ship or a cash shop ship? I'm fine with it either way just wondering which way its going to go. Pretty pumped to have Been on board both Massachusetts and Alabama. 2 Over nights on Mass with the cub scouts once as a scout and once as a dad. And the bama back in the early 90s visiting my uncle who lives in Pensacola Florida. Also go to see the National Naval Aviation Museum (completely recommend seeing this if you are ever in the area.)

[NOBUL]
Members
3,043 posts
10,248 battles
Just now, Fink117 said:

Do you think this is going to be a Doubloon ship Free XP ship or a cash shop ship? I'm fine with it either way just wondering which way its going to go. Pretty pumped to have Been on board both Massachusetts and Alabama. 2 Over nights on Mass with the cub scouts once as a scout and once as a dad. And the bama back in the early 90s visiting my uncle who lives in Pensacola Florida. Also go to see the National Naval Aviation Museum (completely recommend seeing this if you are ever in the area.)

That was about when I visited Alabama and the NNAM (1993, IIRC).

My own personal hypothesis, arrived at last night during a blathering session with a clanmate, is that Massachusetts is going to be the once and future SoDak-class premium ship, replacing the Alabama which will not be sold again and, according to the hypothesis, was only sold in the first place as a way to placate the user base over their previous decision to only give her to select Supertesters.

Beta Testers
55 posts
4,798 battles

So cash shop ship? I hope they do somthing special for the South Dakota herself. She went through a hell of a carrier and has an often over looked history of Valor and loss.

[HINON]
Supertester
20,458 posts
13,904 battles

We don't know how / when she'll be made available.

Precedence suggests a cash shop ship first, with her appearing in the in-game tech tree for gold at a much later date.

[V_KNG]
Beta Testers
10,458 posts

Had one sailing along with me yesterday. I so wanted to take a look at her but we were a tad busy. I expect she'll be out fairly soon. And it's a fair question... if I were WoWS/WG, I'd offer her both ways - let those who want to spend the coin equivalent buy her outright, let others convert their xp and buy her. Win Win for WoWS/WG. 

[RLGN]
Members
10,029 posts
19,421 battles

Saw one yesterday morning; thinking, 'Cool, it is out for ST;' then someone just had to kvetch in chat about some kind of cheat related to the ship...

...I'm all, 'Huh? Wut?' I guess even now, there are players unaware of the Supertest players, and related things....

Cash or fxp, I'll likely get one, even though I have an Alabama, because I make it a habit to purchase any ship I've physically been to if it becomes available in-game.

[NSF]
Beta Testers
5,201 posts
7,676 battles

Beeg Mamieeeeee

Still holding out on the vain hope that they will do something with her and Jean Bart to commemorate the battle of Casablanca, the anniversary of which will be coming up in the next few weeks.

Beta Testers
715 posts
3,660 battles

I know I'll get one however they offer it(unless it's a contest - I NEVER win contests).

I grew up with 1/2 my yard in Mass and regularly went over the Braga Bridge. As a child it was always a sight to see that behemoth and I'd do my best to get as much a look at it as I could any time we were either passing or in Fall River.

My Father brought me there a couple of times. I still have the pics from long ago. That ship is a part of my childhood.

Bring it WG!

Beta Testers
621 posts
7,321 battles
1 hour ago, LittleWhiteMouse said:

I am beyond impressed that they actually put George the Gremlin on the turret. This makes me want to trade my Alabama in for the Mass (that and i have actually been aboard her, unlike the Bama)

[NMKJT]
Members
3,590 posts
4 minutes ago, Zyu said:

I know I'll get one however they offer it(unless it's a contest - I NEVER win contests).

I grew up with 1/2 my yard in Mass and regularly went over the Braga Bridge. As a child it was always a sight to see that behemoth and I'd do my best to get as much a look at it as I could any time we were either passing or in Fall River.

My Father brought me there a couple of times. I still have the pics from long ago. That ship is a part of my childhood.

Bring it WG!

I grew up in the NE corner of Ct., and my brother would take me to Fall River, though my interest was more in the Kennedy and Lionfish. But the Massachusetts is my first BB

Beta Testers
55 posts
4,798 battles

Thanks LittleWhiteMouse those pics are great! I'm stocked they included George!

[WOLF2]
Beta Testers
4,468 posts
6,065 battles

Saw one tonight.  Seemed pretty tough.  Couldnt tell what, if any differences there are between her and Alabama gameplay wise.

Even though I have the Alabama, I'll probably pick up the Massachusetts too.  The South Dakotas are my favorite class of US battleship. 

[GREPT]
[GREPT]
Beta Testers
6,739 posts
7,756 battles

I'm still saddened that this wasn't the ship to be introduced first. (all the whining about alabama being ST only back when it was announced when I'm just wondering "why? it's a ship that is known for the boyscouts, not for the war")

[WOLF6]
Members
320 posts
2,608 battles

The stats for Massachusetts are on WOWSft.  Still a WiP, but it's an Alabama hull with slight nerfs to Torp Protection, rudder shift, and Concealment, and slightly longer range on the guns, but AA identical to NC.

So, an Alabama with NC AA.

Beta Testers
825 posts

I saw the Massachusetts in a game yesterday and could hardly believe my eyes!   First I thought how the heck did They get that?  Then I followed him around a few minutes looking over the ship.   Looks great. Premium I presume.