You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Gyphon_GF

Kami R NA 261k Damage

20 comments in this topic

[90TH]
[90TH]
Members
179 posts
14,365 battles

Thought I'd share this with you all..... No matter what the changes.

Adapt and overcome

*Salute*

shot-17.10.21_00.02.18-0846.jpg

shot-17.10.21_00.02.26-0263.jpg

Edited by Gyphon_GF
  • Cool 4

Beta Testers
1,247 posts
15,201 battles

Very nice...... seems obvious that you ran into many straight line drivers with that many torp hits, awesome! Running flood flag as well?

[90TH]
[90TH]
Members
179 posts
14,365 battles

Thanks.....and ummmm...don't think I had any signals on at all...I'm always out of the damned things..lol

This was my second Krak in two matches and I called it quits after this one (RNG Love only follows you so long ya know)..haha

Here are the ships faced and yesterday was one of those days where everything just moved in slow motion and worked out pretty much according to plan.

shot-17.10.21_00.02.34-0639.jpg

shot-17.10.21_00.04.42-0256.jpg

[90TH]
[90TH]
Members
179 posts
14,365 battles

I sent a msg to the WOWS NA server FB page to see if they wanted this for consideration in the Sea Smackdown posts...but have heard nothing back as of yet. I figure it's the weekend so ...meh

Members
2,207 posts
5,424 battles

OP torpedo bote + straight sailing BBs = high damage game

who knew?

good game though. i've run into a lot of DD skippers who would have blown that opportunity.

• Cool 2

Members
604 posts
7,669 battles

Great game indeed. And it reminds everyone what IJN torp should be. High speed, high damage, reasonable detection range. (Not like some neon type 90 that goes slower but can detect further away)

• Cool 1

[CVA16]
Members
3,166 posts
11,053 battles

It is a good boat (compared to the heavily nerfed Minekaze) but still requires a lot of cooperation from the red team to have a great game. That was a great game. 37% torpedo hit rate, wow.

Members
21 posts
1,012 battles

I did something like that with my t5 New York, cidedelled 5 bbs and 2 dds. Sank a total of 7 ships, and caused about 200k damage.

[CZS]
Members
842 posts
7,892 battles

Yeah, while it's a nice game, it's a fluke, even for the most OP DD in the game when sealclubbing.

I should dig out the T9 match I played 2 months ago in a Yugumo:  18 torpedo hits, 4 kills, and 180k in damage, plus Confederate but no High Caliber - I had torp hits on 7 of the enemy ships in total. Had 4 BBs obligingly sail in nice straight lines for 2 minutes, and a DD sit waaaay to long in smoke when he had to know I was around. It's lower than expected damage because the majority of the torp hits came on either low-HP ships (for the kills) or by single hits to BB torp belts (which half your damage).  2900 in base experience that game for a win.

Which compares to the more normal average game of 2 torp hits, 0 kills, 40k damage, and maybe 500 XP in a loss. 

IJN DDs are extremely uneven in their performance, and it has mostly to do not with the IJN DD player's skill, but the incompetence level of the opposition.

Edited by EAnybody

[-GPS-]
Members
2,717 posts
28,246 battles

Pffft. You guys saying lucky and BBS sailing in straight lines.

The OP’s positioning and use of islands was just great. He made the most of opportunities. He knows how to play that ship. 

• Cool 1

[CZS]
Members
842 posts
7,892 battles
2 hours ago, Landing_Skipper said:

Pffft. You guys saying lucky and BBS sailing in straight lines.

The OP’s positioning and use of islands was just great. He made the most of opportunities. He knows how to play that ship. 

So do we. It's not denigrating what he did, it's pointing out that the game is designed in such a way as to make the DD player's skill much less of a factor than the level of idiocy on the other team's part when you get a great game.

The fact is that you can do pretty much identical in terms of quality of play in IJN DDs, game after game, and how you actually did in a particular game is pretty much up to the potatoes on the other team to determine.

And, of course, a factor in that stellar performance was that the Kamikaze is well-know to be very overpowered for a T5 ship, with huge advantages. So that makes doing well in it MUCH easier.

• Cool 1

[-GPS-]
Members
2,717 posts
28,246 battles
19 hours ago, EAnybody said:

So do we. It's not denigrating what he did, it's pointing out that the game is designed in such a way as to make the DD player's skill much less of a factor than the level of idiocy on the other team's part when you get a great game.

The fact is that you can do pretty much identical in terms of quality of play in IJN DDs, game after game, and how you actually did in a particular game is pretty much up to the potatoes on the other team to determine.

And, of course, a factor in that stellar performance was that the Kamikaze is well-know to be very overpowered for a T5 ship, with huge advantages. So that makes doing well in it MUCH easier.

The Kamikaze/Fujin/old Minekaze is a powerful ship.  It has a fairly low skill floor, meaning that it's not hard to do reasonably well playing her.  She's not OP in the hands of a novice - just strong.  However, she has a high skill ceiling as well.  A very experienced torp DD driver with a 19-point captain can wreck havoc with her, as Gyphon demonstrated, 

He produced the third highest damage ever on the NA server in that battle.  NOT 'easy" to do. 

I am 1 of only 9 players to get 9 kills with Fujin on the NA server.  It is possible that I saw things in this video others with less experience might miss, even though my max damage is humbled by this example.

• Cool 1

Members
284 posts
11,788 battles

Well played Gyph!

23 torp hits,18k floodings,and 6 kills.

Such a nasty little kayak.

• Cool 1