Jump to content
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Mulletproof

Transylvania - Delivered

15 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

Beta Testers
1,136 posts
4,017 battles

Just had a great, amazingly smooth run that resulted in a five star payout. Everybody knew what they were doing and I specifically took the BB to take charge of the cats. I played a bit more aggressively than I usually do out in front. All the Zikas and cats went down in good time and we had a DD who smoked at the right time to keep the Rasputin from face hugging the Transylvania. As soon as Rasputin was sighted, myself and another DD separated and charged him early to buy the group time to deal with the Zika scrubs. By the time we went down, the trash had been dealt with, allowing the remainder of our fleet to focus fire Rasputin down while the Trans sat safely in smoke.

In short, everybody knew their job and executed by the numbers. :cap_rambo:
Even better, it was quite literally my first game of the day.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5,196
[PVE]
Members
12,058 posts
21,291 battles

It's nice when you are the exception (win) and not the rule (loss), The problem for you, now is, what makes it worth it to play the scenario ever again?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Beta Testers
1,136 posts
4,017 battles
58 minutes ago, Sovereigndawg said:

It's nice when you are the exception (win) and not the rule (loss), The problem for you, now is, what makes it worth it to play the scenario ever again?

You're right. There's zero incentive to go back through and replay since it's like beating your head against the wall in the first place.
But, for what it is, I'll take the little incentives it gives

Edited by Mulletproof

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
492 posts
14,704 battles
7 hours ago, Mulletproof said:

You're right. There's zero incentive to go back through and replay since it's like beating your head against the wall in the first place.
But, for what it is, I'll take the little incentives it gives

I won 3 stars after a few games, after that it is like beating your head against the wall and I have given up.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,085
[WOLF2]
Beta Testers
4,720 posts

I had a three star win my first time out.  I don't get why people are saying its so impossible.  Or are they just talking about a 5 star win?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6,747
[RLGN]
Members
19,122 posts
35,145 battles
22 minutes ago, TheDreadnought said:

I had a three star win my first time out.  I don't get why people are saying its so impossible.  Or are they just talking about a 5 star win?

 

Most likely.

 

Same here; took the ship I did best in last year, (Blade,) and got a 3-star first try. Likely I'll play each ship for my usual five-game block; then will hang it up.

 

9 hours ago, Mulletproof said:

Even better, it was quite literally my first game of the day.

 

Rarely seen this; mostly what has happened today; 2 wins. three losses; despite everyone fighting like dervishes. Better teamwork than last year; seemingly.

 

Had two games in a 3-ship division. I win, 1 loss.

 

Not sure if I like the heal... I think I'd rather have the boost on Blade.There are times when I just need to be somewhere fast. Like trying to charge a Zikiasa or Rasputine, or changing sides of Transylvania after all the enemies on one side are gone.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12,712
[PSP]
[PSP]
Members
19,325 posts
8 hours ago, Sovereigndawg said:

It's nice when you are the exception (win) and not the rule (loss), The problem for you, now is, what makes it worth it to play the scenario ever again?

 

I got five stars in Saving Transylvania and then went back and replayed it with the two other ships. I played Dunkirk twenty or more times after I got five stars just because it was fun. Experienced players should continue to play scenarios to help those who might be having trouble finishing it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
492 posts
14,704 battles

i tell players what to do, like stay Together, stay with the Transylania.

I use the Blade and I have to take out the Catapults. Had many battles with 5 ships being there when the Rasputin shows up and still losing. Three stars, 3 times is the best I can get.

 

Using an Igor, I sunk the Rasputin and won 4 stars, good enough for me !!

Edited by Timo_Greenwold

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
198
[DBM]
Members
602 posts
19,236 battles

Just won an OK game (3 stars) by ramming the Rasputin with my BB (after taking out the England bastard).  She was on fire and damaged pretty good so what the hell.  Don't think that it happens very often because the R seems genuinely surprised.  I died, he didn't but took big damage and my team sailed by.

Big raspberry to the Red team.

Talk to your team at the beginning.  BBs take cats, cruisers push forward, dds to the flanks with one on point.  2 3 stars 1 4 and 12 five tonight.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
448
[RCNW3]
Members
2,002 posts
26,484 battles

Got 5 stars this afternoon, good team, Blades smoked at the right time, had 3 Jackels, one Igor and three Blades, only lost one Blade - got seven kills including Rasputin - but not sure if I need to play it again.... maybe will feel different tomorrow

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6
[CTHLU]
Beta Testers
51 posts
9,166 battles

Played five rounds in and I've yet to get a win.  I don't feel I've done poorly any of those times (almost always first or second on the team), but Transylvania always seems to die right about the time Rasputin appears.

I've asked in chat if anybody's ever won, and never gotten an affirmative reply.  Most people who respond say they've lost the last 3-4 rounds.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
45
[WOLF1]
Beta Testers
402 posts
5,728 battles
11 hours ago, Sovereigndawg said:

It's nice when you are the exception (win) and not the rule (loss), The problem for you, now is, what makes it worth it to play the scenario ever again?

Elite commander XP...I just used some tonight on one of my lowly 11 pt. captains.

 

Edited by toosonmike

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
661
[13TH]
Members
4,899 posts
9,119 battles
12 hours ago, Mulletproof said:

Just had a great, amazingly smooth run that resulted in a five star payout. Everybody knew what they were doing and I specifically took the BB to take charge of the cats. I played a bit more aggressively than I usually do out in front. All the Zikas and cats went down in good time and we had a DD who smoked at the right time to keep the Rasputin from face hugging the Transylvania. As soon as Rasputin was sighted, myself and another DD separated and charged him early to buy the group time to deal with the Zika scrubs. By the time we went down, the trash had been dealt with, allowing the remainder of our fleet to focus fire Rasputin down while the Trans sat safely in smoke.

In short, everybody knew their job and executed by the numbers. :cap_rambo:
Even better, it was quite literally my first game of the day.

You lucky .. or skilled SOB,:fish_book:Ive yet even to win a match!!:Smile_amazed:

congrats!:Smile_honoring:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,153
[ARGSY]
Members
10,326 posts
16,228 battles

i've played it enough last year to earn 200+ camo.  this year's version is much easier and only took couple tries to get 4 star.  not motivated to play it considering I have clan battles to worry about plus grind.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5,196
[PVE]
Members
12,058 posts
21,291 battles
12 hours ago, toosonmike said:

Elite commander XP...I just used some tonight on one of my lowly 11 pt. captains.

 

Which is great incentive, unless you have 19 point Captain Seagal on Mighty Mo earning 30,000 Elite commander XP per battle. With 500,000 credits and up per battle to boot.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×