Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
11thACRColdsteel

Request for some tips from pros - clan battles

7 comments in this topic

[BLKHS]
Beta Testers
1,612 posts
8,174 battles

So I know better than to ask the good teams for the strats they are using...those are typically the crown jewels of a clan.  But our clan [BLKHS} starts our first clan wars season tonight, and i thought I'd ask around and see if some of the better or experienced clans who have fought already in clan battles could offer some tips on what's been working and what has not been working?  What are key pitfalls to avoid?  What about task organization, are you seeing alot of zerg rushes with teams loaded with DDs?  Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated.  Thanks.

[NADO]
Beta Testers
42 posts
5,432 battles

Always have someone flanking (with a flanking capable ship like Hindi or Henri), avoid having more than 2 DM+Mino combined, Conq is overhyped, Khab is overhyped, avoid being crossfired, Moskva stronk with stalinium bow, and uh... 7 DDs doesn't work. Period.

Ship overall usefulness wise:

BBs: Montana > Yamato > GK > Conqueror

Main Fleet CAs: Moskva > Des Moines > Minotaur

Flanking CAs: Henri ≥ Hindenburg > Zao > Moskva

DDs: Z52 > Gearing = Shimakaze = Grozovoi > Khabarovsk

Counter wise:

Montana > all CAs + Conqueror , Yamato > Montana, GK > Yamato, Conqueror > Yamato + GK

Moskva > Des Moines + Zao + Minotaur, Zao > Henri, Des Moines > Minotaur, Henri > Moskva + Des Moines + Minotaur, Hindenburg > Moskva > Des Moines > Zao > Minotaur 

Z52 > Gearing + Shimakaze + Grozovoi, Gearing + Grozovoi > Shimakaze, 

Shimakaze and Khabarovsk are very situational, therefore I can't really list what it counters. But Khab, in all situations, is pretty weak.

That does not mean, however, that you should only take the best ship of its class. Make sure your shot-caller knows what he wants to do and then plan ships accordingly.

Edited by Xiang0428
  • Cool 4

[NERO]
Members
3,623 posts

Montana is out performing GK and Yamato? That's surprising. What about the clan battles makes her perform better than she seems to in randoms? 

[ZR]
Privateers, Supertester
685 posts
5,390 battles
On 10/25/2017 at 8:44 AM, TTK_Aegis said:

Montana is out performing GK and Yamato? That's surprising. What about the clan battles makes her perform better than she seems to in randoms? 

GK was always a terrible idea for CWs.

Montana is preferred due to its massive broadside potential and it's ability to instantly remove an enemy cruiser that shows just a bit too much broadside. 

Yamato works as well, as it pretty much ignores angling. 

[TOG]
Members
3,413 posts
17,836 battles

Actually, the Conqueror works well for CA deletion because of it's low visibility value. You ambush CA's and 1 shot them with AP. HE spamming for the BB.

I've had trouble with the Mino and the DM due to the range (15.4 km stock). The solution was to swap out  MBM3 with GFCS 2. It pushes the max range to about 18.4 km.

The CO skill set may also have to be adjusted. There is one skill  that did not work reliably in random, but works wonderfully in CW. 

Sign in to follow this