You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
xLeadSledx

CLAN BATTLE PLAY TIME

30 comments in this topic

Members
188 posts
22,830 battles

I think everyone would agree that clan battles should run 24/7 Fridays to Sunday. There are more then enough players to play 24/7 on the weekends with no problems at all. Three hours a day is a joke !!! It make me think it  was it someones WIFE or MOTHER who set these times to play ? After dinner before early bed time. Who had the great idea to make things run like this or is this just some developers side project and was not given enough server room to run more then 3 hrs a day 4 days a week. Do you need more help ? Should let the players run it.

• Cool 2

Supertester
2,171 posts
9,234 battles
6 minutes ago, xLeadSledx said:

I think everyone would agree that clan battles should run 24/7 Fridays to Sunday. There are more then enough players to play 24/7 on the weekends with no problems at all. Three hours a day is a joke !!! It make me think it  was it someones WIFE or MOTHER who set these times to play ? After dinner before early bed time. Who had the great idea to make things run like this or is this just some developers side project and was not given enough server room to run more then 3 hrs a day 4 days a week. Do you need more help ? Should let the players run it.

You sound salty

[PLPT]
Members
9,915 posts
11,635 battles
6 minutes ago, FireAndHEspam said:

You sound salty

no he sounds logical.... THREE hours??? it is kind of insane when team battles was a thing that lasted longer...

but I am curious... how is a pretty legit complain about something most EVERYONE has been waiting for like forever, being salty when it holds so much merit, albeit  a bit ranty..

• Cool 2

[PLPT]
Members
9,915 posts
11,635 battles
16 minutes ago, xLeadSledx said:

Gc9TxiF.gif

[CUTER]
Members
3,858 posts
17,970 battles

The time window is set not only because of lack of population, it is there because CW is also a grind on its own. They should increase the window to 4 hours imo.

Supertester
2,171 posts
9,234 battles
8 minutes ago, pmgaudio said:

no he sounds logical.... THREE hours??? it is kind of insane when team battles was a thing that lasted longer...

but I am curious... how is a pretty legit complain about something most EVERYONE has been waiting for like forever, being salty when it holds so much merit, albeit  a bit ranty..

In all honesty if that were the case then CBs would become more of a grind then a competition at least IMO. The problem with ranked is that it really only denotes who has the most patience for grinding, because the season lasts so long with no breaks its just grind, grind, grind. While 3 hours I do agree is a bit meh of a time frame, I think about 6 hours would be best, at least IMO. Hate me if you will

[FOXEH]
Beta Testers
10,632 posts
15,896 battles
31 minutes ago, xLeadSledx said:

First, I feel a need to support this; the times of clan battles was a poor decision in my opinion.

17 minutes ago, pmgaudio said:

Second, I'd like to support @pmgaudio when he states this isn't really being salty; for me this seems to be a very reasonable complaint, and one I agree with.

I think this was a poor decision, and that OP has a definite point to make in his post; Plus 1!

[LEGIT]
Members
1,685 posts
24,553 battles
41 minutes ago, xLeadSledx said:

It make me think it  was it someones WIFE or MOTHER who set these times to play ?

No kidding.

Rank battles ran 24/7 and when they were running consumed most of my game play (though I'm not wishing for them to start soon).

Clan battles should be available more often that's for sure; more days, more hours.

[MIA-I]
Privateers
1,233 posts
12,067 battles

This is just one of a number of reasons my clan is calling this season a miss. 

[FOXEH]
Beta Testers
6,103 posts
1,313 battles
8 minutes ago, LancerUlysses said:

This is just one of a number of reasons my clan is calling this season a miss. 

At this point, its looking the same for my clan as well. We dont have 100s of members, not even 30 atm, but with the times the way they are, almost no-one, including myself most days, aren't able to take part. I'm not going to force my clan members to make time out of their lives for a game mode that only runs 3 hours... thats just stupid.

This whole limited time frame was a very VERY poor decision by WG, and basically shuts down clan battles completely for a LOT of people, and a LOT of clans altogether.

Alpha Tester
3,666 posts
7,373 battles
2 minutes ago, Kitsunelegend said:

My Clan is having the same problem.  The time is just not good for the RL schedules of my Clan mates. @SuperNikoPower @Pigeon_of_War tell Wargaming this is a bad idea and needs to be removed.

Beta Testers
66 posts
5,644 battles
2 hours ago, FireAndHEspam said:

You sound salty

I'd say he sounds less salty and more whiney with a bit of misogyny thrown in.

[MIA-I]
Privateers
1,233 posts
12,067 battles

Yeah, schedules are an issue. Most of the clan members are still grinding and not yet tier 8, so not able to get the rentals short of spending cash, which I can understand. A good number of them have read the forum boasting of the 'top teams' and are kind of turned off by the high level toxicity. I'm of the opinion that it's not too bad, but I'm not going to mandate that the clan participate in comp fights if folk don't want to. 

[PLPT]
Members
9,915 posts
11,635 battles
4 hours ago, FireAndHEspam said:

In all honesty if that were the case then CBs would become more of a grind then a competition at least IMO. The problem with ranked is that it really only denotes who has the most patience for grinding, because the season lasts so long with no breaks its just grind, grind, grind. While 3 hours I do agree is a bit meh of a time frame, I think about 6 hours would be best, at least IMO. Hate me if you will

there is NO HATE (only Zuul)
But yeah 6 might work,. even 8... so I have a few hours after work....before BED

[PLPT]
Members
9,915 posts
11,635 battles
2 hours ago, joris92 said:

Would be nice to have a bit of different times, instead of all the same.

THIS...
Three on three off...
Repeat... or even 4 on... 4 off...6 or 4 sessions a day...

[NOBUL]
Members
3,043 posts
10,248 battles
2 hours ago, Defender said:

I'd say he sounds less salty and more whiney with a bit of misogyny thrown in.

Please, please, please justify your use of "misogyny" in this ridiculous statement, because as it stands, it sounds like you're trying to white knight for...someone for...reasons.

That said, the OP and his supporters have a point. To be quite honest, the limited schedule is probably what killed Team Battles back in the day, and making it even worse for Clan Battles is a kiss of death that Wargaming really DOES NOT need at this point.

Beta Testers
66 posts
5,644 battles
On 10/21/2017 at 2:05 PM, Goodwood_Alpha said:

Please, please, please justify your use of "misogyny" in this ridiculous statement, because as it stands, it sounds like you're trying to white knight for...someone for...reasons.

That said, the OP and his supporters have a point. To be quite honest, the limited schedule is probably what killed Team Battles back in the day, and making it even worse for Clan Battles is a kiss of death that Wargaming really DOES NOT need at this point.

Asserting that whoever made the decision to have clan wars during hours was a woman (implied via the mother/wife comment) smacks of the tired old 'women make bad decisions'.  It really isn't that hard if your intellectually honest with yourself.

[TBOW]
Members
1,753 posts
12,135 battles

I have seen a number of complaints from people particularly the working people on the West Coast that this is the time they are just getting home from work for some.  In reality if they wanted a time slot thing they should have gone for a 6 hour time slot so that people with families getting home can still partake in it even on the West Coast.  5pm-8pm West Coast is bad for a lot of people out there.  WG should fix this so everyone in NA gets the same deal basically for their time zone.  

[BWC]
Beta Testers
1,416 posts
6,036 battles

They were using Supremacy League as their template for Clan Wars, but didn't notice that the restricted engagement times that Supremacy instituted pushed a large number of players out of that event. It is an example of why using a cut-and-paste approach to avoid doing the work yourself can lead to very bad problems.

I honestly doubt WG is even aware of what they've done. They may be too busy patting themselves on the back that Clan Wars got out the door to care about a little thing like restricting play time in such a way as to effectively ban anyone not in the US or make it extraordinarily difficult for those not around during their arbitrary 'normal play hours'

edit: At the very least, common sense would say you make the play window most of the day on the weekends.

Edited by Jakob_Knight

[-K-]
[-K-]
Members
199 posts
6,500 battles
On 10/21/2017 at 11:37 AM, Kitsunelegend said:

At this point, its looking the same for my clan as well. We dont have 100s of members, not even 30 atm, but with the times the way they are, almost no-one, including myself most days, aren't able to take part. I'm not going to force my clan members to make time out of their lives for a game mode that only runs 3 hours... thats just stupid.

This whole limited time frame was a very VERY poor decision by WG, and basically shuts down clan battles completely for a LOT of people, and a LOT of clans altogether.

No clan has 100's of members in the same "clan" that could compete in clan battles together.

If your clan isn't able to pull together 7 members one time during an 8 to 11pm EST time frame 1 night out of 4 nights during the week.. what would be a better time?  2am EST (11pm pst)?  Are there really going to be that many teams queueing to battle at this time?  So what happens when your team is waiting 5.. 10 minutes for a game?  Match up with 1 team and than can't play them next..  see the issue?  Your team waits and waits and than has a hard time getting a game.. your back on the forum complaining about the queue length.  

There are many reasons for the time slot...  primarily to ensure queue population..  if you open up the queue 24/7 then there is less urgency to play.. how about more difficult to schedule with your clan?  As it is now.. every clan member knows when clan battles are available to play and can coordinate their schedules and inform the clan their availability.  

Sorry.. not buying the whole "my clan has busy schedule so 4 nights a week during the evening hours and on weekends is the reason we can't play and so I'll just complain on the forum."  If your clan can't come together one of those nights, than my guess is that it would never come together regardless of the time. 

TLDR:  The worst decision WG could have made would be to open up the queue 24/7 like ranked battles.  Sure.. tweaks can be made..  maybe add a 4th hour.. maybe start 1 hour later.  9pm / 6pm pst.   switch a day around... Aside from that..  their setup is proving to be a good idea for the majority of the NA player base.  It doesn't work for all.. but opening up 24/7 is not the answer.    Longest queue time I have seen is 1min 30 as it stands.  

Edited by Simers72
  • Cool 3

[TNG]
Members
5,159 posts
On 10/21/2017 at 10:38 AM, LancerUlysses said:

Yeah, schedules are an issue. Most of the clan members are still grinding and not yet tier 8, so not able to get the rentals short of spending cash, which I can understand. A good number of them have read the forum boasting of the 'top teams' and are kind of turned off by the high level toxicity. I'm of the opinion that it's not too bad, but I'm not going to mandate that the clan participate in comp fights if folk don't want to. 

Play competitive game

Play competitive mode

Doesn't want competitive attitudes.

Sounds like a real winner.

[FOXEH]
Beta Testers
6,103 posts
1,313 battles
1 hour ago, Simers72 said:

No clan has 100's of members in the same "clan" that could compete in clan battles together.

If your clan isn't able to pull together 7 members one time during an 8 to 11pm EST time frame 1 night out of 4 nights during the week.. what would be a better time?  2am EST (11pm pst)?  Are there really going to be that many teams queueing to battle at this time?  So what happens when your team is waiting 5.. 10 minutes for a game?  Match up with 1 team and than can't play them next..  see the issue?  Your team waits and waits and than has a hard time getting a game.. your back on the forum complaining about the queue length.  

There are many reasons for the time slot...  primarily to ensure queue population..  if you open up the queue 24/7 then there is less urgency to play.. how about more difficult to schedule with your clan?  As it is now.. every clan member knows when clan battles are available to play and can coordinate their schedules and inform the clan their availability.  

Sorry.. not buying the whole "my clan has busy schedule so 4 nights a week during the evening hours and on weekends is the reason we can't play and so I'll just complain on the forum."  If your clan can't come together one of those nights, than my guess is that it would never come together regardless of the time. 

TLDR:  The worst decision WG could have made would be to open up the queue 24/7 like ranked battles.  Sure.. tweaks can be made..  maybe add a 4th hour.. maybe start 1 hour later.  9pm / 6pm pst.   switch a day around... Aside from that..  their setup is proving to be a good idea for the majority of the NA player base.  It doesn't work for all.. but opening up 24/7 is not the answer.    Longest queue time I have seen is 1min 30 as it stands.  

Yeah? And limiting the time slot to 3 hours on 4 nights a week also locks out a lot of players as well, meaning less players in queue simply because they cant get on, or stay on, ect. You dont have to have it running 24/7, but at least have it running long enough for MORE people to be able to take part.

Most of the people in my clan have jobs, family commitments, or other real life happenings that prevent them from getting online during the time slot WG chose, including myself most days. A 3 hour time slot is not enough. I'm not asking to change the times, only extend the time amount of time its open to say, 12 hours 4 or 5 days a week including Saturday AND Sunday. That way, more people are able to take part, even if its only for an hour. Its easy really. More people able to play = more people in queue= shorter queue times. Its not bloody rocket science mate.

Nice elitist attitude btw. Keep in mind this is a video game, not a career, so real life commitments ALWAYS come first, no matter what. But at the same time, its not fair of WG to essentially lock out a bunch of players because they have lives outside of this video game, and cant play the game 24/7. I'm not asking to be able to get to top spot, I just want to simply take part ffs.

[-K-]
[-K-]
Members
199 posts
6,500 battles

34 minutes ago, Kitsunelegend said:

Nice elitist attitude btw

There was nothing in my post that was elitist..  simply pointing out that your complaining has no merits and based on your response you don't understand WG's goals and potential issues if you simply "Add more hours - 12 hours 4 or 5 days a week."  So you and your clan mates are never available from 8pm to 11pm EST for 1 night out of 4?  My point remains.. if you can't gather 7 people for one of these time slots, than what are your chances at another time?  

12 hours 4 or 5 days a week including Saturday AND Sunday

Apparently, it is a bit harder to understand for you.. and others...  the time slot was chosen presumably based on server peak times.. .. thus, adding more time to play does not mean that there will be more people in the queue.. it's quite the opposite actually.  If you opened it up for 12 hours.. you would have far less average teams in said queue..  this will mean longer queue times and more imbalanced matchmaking.  This leads to frustration, and abandonment of the game mode.  Moreover, even more of a headache in organizing. 

Clan battles should not be a grind.. limiting the time to play limits the ability (to an extent) of spamming games, thus, making said games more meaningful, intense, and generally more fun.  

More people able to play = more people in queue= shorter queue times. Its not bloody rocket science mate

for reference.. you can play Saturday and Sunday night.  

So your answer to my simple question of what time would you recommend - is to open up clan battles for 12 hours which includes during the day.. and your reasoning is because your clan mates have jobs?  Implying that I don't have a career and work 8-5ish (5 days a week).  I only played CB's 2 nights so far due to real life commitments.  How does opening up clan battles to start during the day.. on a week day help?  Does your job include the ability to play during the day on a Wednesday or Thursday?  Wanna trade jobs?  

As I stated, they can tweak clan battles.  How about the # of maps being played.. 4 is simply not enough, and becomes very redundant.  How about change the day, maybe switch Thursday for Friday?  There are tweaks that will likely be made... opening up the queue for 12 hours 4 to 5 days a week is NOT a good change.  

Edited by Simers72
  • Cool 1

[FOXEH]
Beta Testers
6,103 posts
1,313 battles
3 minutes ago, Simers72 said:

There was nothing in my post that was elitist..  simply pointing out that your complaining has no merits and based on your response you don't understand WG's goals and potential issues if you simply "Add more hours - 12 hours 4 or 5 days a week."

Apparently, it is a bit harder to understand for you.. and others...   adding more time to play does not mean that there will be more people in the queue.. it's quite the opposite actually.  If you opened it up for 12 hours.. you would have far less average teams in said queue..  this will mean longer queue times and more imbalanced matchmaking.  Clan battles should not be a grind.. limiting the time to play limits the ability (to an extent) of spamming games, thus, making said games more meaningful, intense, and generally more fun.  

for reference.. you can play Saturday and Sunday night.  

So your answer to my simple question of what time would you recommend - is to open up clan battles for 12 hours which includes during the day.. and your reasoning is because your clan mates have jobs?  Implying that I don't have a career and work 8-5ish (5 days a week).  How does opening up clan battles to start during the day.. on a week day help?  Does your job include the ability to play during the day on a Wednesday or Thursday?  Wanna trade jobs?  

As I stated, they can tweak clan battles.  How about the # of maps being played.. 4 is simply not enough, and becomes very redundant.  How about change the day, maybe switch Thursday for Friday?  There are tweaks that will likely be made... opening up the queue for 12 hours 4 to 5 days a week is NOT a good change.  

Its simple fact that opening up the play time to a 12 hour slot will mean more people will be able to play. For example, I work 8 hour night shifts, So during weekdays, given the time slot, I am simply not able to play at all, including some weekends. However, if it was open during the day as well, Id be able to play at least for a few hours or so. I know of a few people in my clan that also work similar time frames, or have to head to bed early because they have to get up super early in the morning. Or aren't able to play on the weekends because thats the time they set aside for family.

I dont care if no-lifers want to spam games. Thats their choice. I just want to be able to play against other clans and not have to completely rearrange my life to fit inside some arbitrary 3 hour time limit in a bloody video game. I can't do that because the prime time WG chose, and the amount of hours they opened it for, prevents me from doing so.

Its not bloody rocket science mate. Enabling more people to play, means more people in queue.