Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Viva_Palestine

How and where might I buy a boat?

16 comments in this topic

[HKC]
Members
273 posts

Could someone kindly remind me how to buy a ship with gold online?   I go to the shop, select the ship, but I don't see a choice for using gold to purchase the ship.  I've never paid with in-game gold before and a search or two has not produced the answer.

Thanks.

[YAN]
Members
1,649 posts
8,015 battles

You have to use Doubloons, the WoWS premium currency to purchase premium ships, and this is done from the tech tree.

Gold is for WoT only, and online purchases require actual real life money.

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
7,329 posts
20,192 battles
7 minutes ago, Viva_Palestine said:

Could someone kindly remind me how to buy a ship with gold online?   I go to the shop, select the ship, but I don't see a choice for using gold to purchase the ship.  I've never paid with in-game gold before and a search or two has not produced the answer.

Thanks.

On the tech tree in game. However if you are a new player, get a referral code and you will get two free premium ships and some other stuff you really need. 

[HKC]
Members
273 posts
1 minute ago, Taylor3006 said:

On the tech tree in game. However if you are a new player, get a referral code and you will get two free premium ships and some other stuff you really need. 

Thanks.  Not new, but its been a while.

[LOU1]
Members
3,561 posts
9,434 battles
4 minutes ago, Viva_Palestine said:

Ah: so I convert gold to dubloons, and purchase  in-game.  Right.  Cheers.

You cannot convert gold to doubloons yet, to my knowledge.  You have to buy doubloons with cash or receive them in a container.  If you buy a ship in the Premium Shop online, the price includes the port slot, if you need one.

(I usually buy through the website, not the Tech Tree.)

[LOU1]
Members
3,561 posts
9,434 battles

If you bought it at WOT and meant to get doubloons, you may be able to submit a support ticket to get it manually transferred.  Not sure if you bought it through WOWS (Doubloons) or WOT (Gold).  Just to be clear, if you bought it from WOWS, you can use it to buy a ship.  If you bought it from WOT, you can't use it to buy a ship.  You can request a refund for WOT gold if you have not spent any of it.

https://na.wargaming.net/support/kb/articles/767

https://na.wargaming.net/support/kb/articles/326

Edited by ExploratorOne

[HKC]
Members
273 posts

Apologies to those offering help: I'm using the term "gold" (old WoT habit) when I should be saying I bought "duobloons".   I bought them from WoW.

So, to recap:  I can buy a premium ship, using doubloons, via the tech tree, in-game.   Yes?

Edited by Viva_Palestine

[O_O]
Members
5,017 posts
11,284 battles

Yes.  The ships available are limited, however.  Sometimes the premium shop on the game's website has ships for sale that you can't buy in the tech tree, and vice versa. 

The ships available for sale in the premium shop tend to change more frequently than those available via the tech tree.

Are you asking about one ship in particular?

Edited by desmo_2

[DD214]
Members
773 posts
2 hours ago, Viva_Palestine said:

Bummer. I got some gold to pay for a ship.   But I'm not able to, sounds like.

Put in a support ticket and ask them to adjust your account, they may fix it for you.

[HKC]
Members
273 posts
7 hours ago, desmo_2 said:

Yes.  The ships available are limited, however.  Sometimes the premium shop on the game's website has ships for sale that you can't buy in the tech tree, and vice versa. 

The ships available for sale in the premium shop tend to change more frequently than those available via the tech tree.

Are you asking about one ship in particular?

Thanks, yes; I would like to buy the Italian BB available in the shop.

[ARS]
Beta Testers
2,922 posts
2,810 battles
22 minutes ago, Viva_Palestine said:

That is not available on the tech tree.  Submit a ticket and they should be able to convert your purchase.

[NGA]
Members
1,679 posts
9,099 battles
22 minutes ago, Viva_Palestine said:

You won't be able t use doubloons for that one. You have to purchase it in the premium shop.

[HKC]
Members
273 posts
2 hours ago, Helstrem said:

That is not available on the tech tree.  Submit a ticket and they should be able to convert your purchase.

Will do. Thanks for the clarifying remarks, lads and lassies.  I'm sorry that WG makes this so weirdly complex.

Sign in to follow this