You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
BlailBlerg

Forum feels

Good and bad things  

53 members have voted

1. 1. Has someone on the forum been rude or insulting to you today without proper grievance?

2. 2. Of your non-neutral, non-trvial interactions on this forum, are they generally

3. 3. Do you think upvotes should be used more

4. 4. Do you think people I game generally appreciate help, acts of kindness and beneficial team play?

5. 5. Are we, including yourself, actually a nice community or do you think people only say that to bolster their own image of themselves?

6. 6. How often do you find people being rude or insulting on the forum?

7. 7. Are you disheartened by posters you like being commonly hatefully antagonistic towards other posters you respect?

• Yes, happens commonly
    • Yes, happens sometimes
    • No, happens commonly
    • No, happens sometimes
    • No, I don't see it happen
    • No, I have no friends
    • (Yes I have no friends)

94 comments in this topic

[FAE]
Members
2,331 posts
2,886 battles

Has someone been mean to you on the forum today? Rude or generally insulting? 

Do you see more meanness or kindness on the forum? 

Do you think we should give upvotes more?  Noticing this forum really doesn't upvote as much as other community forums do. I generally just get a lot of quote notifications, which I loathe, cuz its generally someone being rude to you. Also, I feel like good intentions, well-reasoned posts are rarely given many upvotes beyond the very obvious long form articles. 

In the game too I notice rarely do people seem to complement for good play, or bailing them out of a sticky situation with fighters or AA or smoke or helpful chat. 

Do we really don't care about anyone but ourselves? 

Edited by BlailBlerg
  • Cool 1

[WOLF1]
Members
620 posts
13,015 battles
4 minutes ago, BlailBlerg said:

Do we really don't care about anyone but ourselves

Just as in life you gotta look out for number one.  You are going to find all kinds of folks on here for different reasons who hold all kinds of opinions.  Most of the time I see a lot of banter back and forth with no real debate.  For example, get gud replys, popcorn emojis, memes, and the list goes on.  But hey it is what it is.. People are going to do what they are gonna do, see what they want to see, and say what they want to say, and believe what they want to believe.  But hey its entertainment what else can you ask for.

• Cool 1

Members
566 posts
2,000 battles
1 hour ago, knice_destroyer said:

Just as in life you gotta look out for number one.  You are going to find all kinds of folks on here for different reasons who hold all kinds of opinions.  Most of the time I see a lot of banter back and forth with no real debate.  For example, get gud replys, popcorn emojis, memes, and the list goes on.  But hey it is what it is.. People are going to do what they are gonna do, see what they want to see, and say what they want to say, and believe what they want to believe.  But hey its entertainment what else can you ask for.

DLzqS6NUQAAgf1c.thumb.jpg.3e4e02625c1306c9cbbb7c3a38461516.jpg14504766_624493371045311_4508496285224927232_n.jpg.35ef96987f92c6b18b27f72155e048b3.jpg       

Mr. Destroyer. I don't understand all the fine points of American jokes and sarcasm. The people that I have spoken with are very kind and sweet people. I really enjoy this forum It is a place I go after awful days at work. Some of the comment are just made in teasing fun. Some are rude when these fine people get a little ( word for Manly acting) think it's the male competitive thing (ego)? But they are good people. Hope you have great time here and wonderful day. 

Edited by Maggie_Saito
  • Cool 1

Members
566 posts
2,000 battles
53 minutes ago, BlailBlerg said:

Aww. Happy to have you as a friend, Maggie-san. =)

Mz. Blerg, you are much too kind to me. and it is my honor to have you as friend. (now we team up and take place over) lol make everyone be nice and polite or we will not. (be?) 

Liked pole some interesting questions. and answers perplexing. As to answers and forum review, Data is certainly, not scientific but intriguing.   

Edited by Maggie_Saito
  • Cool 1

[O_O]
Members
5,006 posts
11,251 battles
1 hour ago, Maggie_Saito said:

Mr. Destroyer. I don't understand all the fine points of American jokes and sarcasm. The people that I have spoken with are very kind and sweat people.

:Smile_teethhappy:

Maggie, I know English isn't your first language (and even then this was probably just a typo error) so I am only pointing this out in fun.

sweat - the moisture your body secretes from its pores to cool itself

sweet - pleasing or agreeable

Then again, perhaps you knew exactly what you were typing...some of these people probably are sweaty.  :Smile_teethhappy:

Members
566 posts
2,000 battles
On 10/21/2017 at 3:39 AM, desmo_2 said:

:Smile_teethhappy:

Maggie, I know English isn't your first language (and even then this was probably just a typo error) so I am only pointing this out in fun.

sweat - the moisture your body secretes from its pores to cool itself

sweet - pleasing or agreeable

Then again, perhaps you knew exactly what you were typing...some of these people probably are sweaty.  :Smile_teethhappy:

Mr. desmo, thank you, and no I had no idea. It helps very much disambiguating a statement gives clarity. which is just another one of my numerous frailties. It is certainly embarrassment and rude to use such descriptor to such a kind person. Thank you for bringing this to my attention. (I look up words but fail to write them then memory fails me thus these silly misspelling.).

I am beginning to believe it will be much more success if everyone here just learns Japanese. Because this seems to be utter failure relying on my lack of ability. 

Edited by MzFortune58
  • Cool 2

Members
575 posts
3,075 battles
1 hour ago, Maggie_Saito said:

Mr. desmo, thank you, and no I had no idea. It helps very much disambiguating a statement gives clarity. which is just another one of my numerous frailties. It is certainly embarrassment and rude to use such descriptor to such a kind person. Thank you for bringing this to my attention. (I look up words but fail to write them then memory fails me thus these silly misspelling.).

I am beginning to believe it will be much more success if everyone here just learns Japnese. Because this seems to be utter failure relying on my lack of ability. 

Having been to Japan a few times in the 80's and working with folks in Japan over many years, your English is very good. A family member of mine is a linguist for the armed services, and speaks Japanese fluently, and based on her experience it is very difficult to learn English as it has no proper gender forms or low and high forms of speech. Additionally it is full of Homophones (words that sound the same but have different meanings.)

• Cool 1

[PAT]
Members
1,641 posts
3,530 battles

This is probably one of the more friendly forums I have found on the internet, despite my lack of friends here, I've found that almost everyone is very friendly. Those that aren't so friendly everyone still has some respect for and are reasonably polite to. 

• Cool 1

[ONE]
Members
286 posts
12,209 battles

Much more friendly atmosphere here than the WOT console forum, the negativity there all but turned me away from the game.

Members
566 posts
2,000 battles
3 hours ago, pewpewpew42 said:

I think @Maggie_Saito is terrific. If I were to try to use the Spanish forum, I wou

ld do worse by a lot :P.

Ōku no arigatō Mr. pewpewpew42. But not valid excuse. Have been learning English 18 mo still not understand things This can only be my failure. Psychosomatic believe learning block allows me not to have to communicate in person which I do not enjoy. 

[PAT]
Members
1,641 posts
3,530 battles
Just now, Maggie_Saito said:

Ōku no arigatō Mr. pewpewpew42. But not valid excuse. Have been learning English 18 mo still not understand things This can only be my failure. Psychosomatic believe learning block allows me not to have to communicate in person which I do not enjoy. 

Ok, you do realize that most Americans have no second language right? You're doing better than most of us by a long shot.

• Cool 1

[ABDA]
Beta Testers
17,380 posts
12,735 battles
6 hours ago, knice_destroyer said:

This.  I am a jerk to people who I think are playing stupidly in chat.  I try to hand out compliments and "nice shot, dude" to people when I see good play.  At the end of the day, I care about my experience.  I temper that to a certain extent with the knowledge that I need the others to have my fun, but at the end of the day, it's mostly about me.

Members
566 posts
2,000 battles
3 hours ago, SmirkingGerbil said:

Having been to Japan a few times in the 80's and working with folks in Japan over many years, your English is very good. A family member of mine is a linguist for the armed services, and speaks Japanese fluently, and based on her experience it is very difficult to learn English as it has no proper gender forms or low and high forms of speech. Additionally it is full of Homophones (words that sound the same but have different meanings.)

As always Mr. Gerbil. what you assert is valid. Does not relieve me of blame as I chose to learn and have failed. I sit in train with English books spread out looking words and context up. then type. Implying I have any skills at this difficult language is disingenuous. But kindness is always appreciated. Politeness is heartening. Many thank yous Mr. Gerbil 

• Cool 1

[PAT]
Members
1,641 posts
3,530 battles
2 hours ago, crzyhawk said:

This.  I am a jerk to people who I think are playing stupidly in chat.  I try to hand out compliments and "nice shot, dude" to people when I see good play.  At the end of the day, I care about my experience.  I temper that to a certain extent with the knowledge that I need the others to have my fun, but at the end of the day, it's mostly about me.

Wow. Ok, look, don't be one of those people. It makes you look really silly, especially when people don't listen, and the reason people don't listen is that people hate to listen to those that sound rude or condescending, even if they're right. You're obviously a good player and should be listened to, but nobody will if you sound rude.

Edited by megadeux
typos here, typos there, typos everywhere!
  • Cool 1

[PAT]
Members
1,641 posts
3,530 battles

hey, who keeps giving me reputation? I'm not even saying anything super helpful.

...At least, I don't think so. 

Not to say its not appreciated of course!

• Cool 1

Beta Testers
1,229 posts
15,104 battles

Kind of hard to answer this multiple choice question with a yes or no answer.....

quest.JPG

[ABDA]
Beta Testers
17,380 posts
12,735 battles
6 minutes ago, megadeux said:

Wow. Ok, look, don't be one of those people. It makes you look really silly, especially when people don't listen, and the reason people don't listen is that people hate to listen to those that sound rude or condescending, even if they're right. Your obviously a good player and should be listened to, but nobody will if you sound rude.

They won't listen if you don't either.  Saying things nicely just gets ignored.  At least if I go off on someone it lowers my frustration level, even if it's as un-productive as friendly suggestions.  On the forums, I make more of an effort to communicate in a nice manner.  I don't always succeed, but the effort is made.  In game?  The claws come out.

Edited by crzyhawk

[PAT]
Members
1,641 posts
3,530 battles
2 minutes ago, SgtSpud said:

Kind of hard to answer this multiple choice question with a yes or no answer.....

quest.JPG

Nah, I think we're a nice community that is nice because we want to bolster our own image of ourselves.