Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
SailorDeadpool1XPOIXKita

Anti radar ability

11 comments in this topic

Members
566 posts
2,000 battles

Mr. Megatron goon morning. May caff luncher. would be nice to get free when you a running in Destroyer because of being in wrong place (happens every time I play tier 7

[-AA-]
Members
1,756 posts
6,674 battles

Possible; yes.

Why; ???

Is this somthing like giving CVs immunity consumable to DF?

Edit; hug islands and smoke near them. Keep an eye on the mini map.

Edited by joris92

[TNG]
Members
5,159 posts

No. I'm not going to bother explaining why your idea is dumb. If you want to know, just go search up the hundreds of exact same suggestions.

• Cool 2

[DAKI]
WoWS Wiki Editor
8,198 posts
7,205 battles

Radar is the counter against smoke, so what you suggest would be the counter against the counter of smoke. What next? A counter against the counter against the counter of smoke?

[SSG]
Alpha Tester
3,975 posts
9,293 battles
42 minutes ago, joris92 said:

Possible; yes.

Why; ???

Is this somthing like giving CVs immunity consumable to DF?

Edit; hug islands and smoke near them. Keep an eye on the mini map.

Except the part that radar defeats smoke, part of why it exists, and goes through islands in game which even if the radar ship is on the other side, his teammates across the map that have an angle hammer you. Which is the problem, The radar ship can be completely unseen behind an island 7 km so no one see's it coming, you start to cap, it pops it, your toast because you have no defense. They don't have to have LoS so you can at least spot them for retaliation, And when your entire survival is based around smoke and not being seen, something that spots you no matter what, with no repercussions or real drawback, kinda not fair. 

Also, CV's don't need a consumable to deal with DF, they just need AA balanced right, because 110% chance per second to down planes in some cases is a bit much.

Members
1,428 posts
8,247 battles

23 minutes ago, WanderingGhost said:

Except the part that radar defeats smoke, part of why it exists, and goes through islands in game which even if the radar ship is on the other side, his teammates across the map that have an angle hammer you. Which is the problem, The radar ship can be completely unseen behind an island 7 km so no one see's it coming, you start to cap, it pops it, your toast because you have no defense. They don't have to have LoS so you can at least spot them for retaliation, And when your entire survival is based around smoke and not being seen, something that spots you no matter what, with no repercussions or real drawback, kinda not fair.

teamwork?  better get rid of that.  we cant have that. 

Yes you do.  It is called playing smart.  You don't need to be in the cap ASAP.  slowing down so the enemy team becomes more revealed over time is a good idea.  you see where the enemy team is, and where the radar ships are located   if you dont know where they are, be patient.  They will reveal themselves in the near future.   If you want to go into the cap, have an escape plan.  be ready at a moments notice to speed away.  You can minimize the amount of damage you take by having an escape plan.(just angling away does wonders while sitting in a cap)  This also works in other situations.  I can't think of many maps where you get to a cap, and there is a radar ship 7km away right at the start of a match.(not counting black)  Odds are they are farther back which means they are near max radar range.(hint, radar ships do not like wasting radar on ships at the very edge of the radar range)

Learning where radar ships like to hide is also useful.   Some of the popular spots are really risky.   All it takes is some flanking move and the spot is compromised, and the enemy will have to run.  Sometimes something as simple as a spotting plane is all you need to spot them, and leave them in trouble. 

I should also note, you and your team should be focusing radar ships down when they are spotted.  Just like how you focus high AA ships in CV matches.  If your team is letting radar ships run wild, your team will lose.  Just like when DDs or CVs run wild because no one is countering them, 

anyways, if you want radar to be LoS(which is understandable), then you have to buff it and the ships that use it in other ways.  Most of the radar cruisers are very squishy.  the USN CA already got hit with the latest smoke changes and didn't get anything to compensate for it.  

There are drawbacks.   i see you don't have any radar ships.  I suggest you play a radar cruiser and learn what it is like.  

• Cool 2

[-AA-]
Members
1,756 posts
6,674 battles
58 minutes ago, WanderingGhost said:

Also, CV's don't need a consumable to deal with DF, they just need AA balanced right, because 110% chance per second to down planes in some cases is a bit much.

Well... I don´t cap before I know where they are, or there must be a some kind of way out for me.

[SALVO]
Members
19,919 posts
19,878 battles

IIRC, there was no counter to radar on surface ships in WW2.  The only counter to radar in WW2 was for planes, bombers in particular, and it wasn't really on a plane by plane basis.  It was dropped in mass quantities by Allied bombers and was called "Window".  It was basically a lot of aluminum wire and foil that filled radar screens with so many signals that radar operators couldn't tell what were real planes and what was chaff.  However, as I said, there was no surface ship based anti-radar system in WW2 that I'm aware of.

[DAKI]
WoWS Wiki Editor
8,198 posts
7,205 battles
1 hour ago, WanderingGhost said:

You can troll Radar ships by baiting their Radar. I can't count the times where I baited a Des Moines' Radar and then just sat behind an island laughing as he somehow tried to get a shot on me.

Members
849 posts
14,844 battles
3 hours ago, SireneRacker said:

Radar is the counter against smoke, so what you suggest would be the counter against the counter of smoke. What next? A counter against the counter against the counter of smoke?

A radar jammer that occupies the same consumable slot as smoke. I countered myself!

Sign in to follow this