You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Zhoyzu

I need help with Khaba

10 comments in this topic

[KVLT]
[KVLT]
Members
2,302 posts
7,191 battles

Ive had the khaba for some time and initially i thought it was just me having a hard time adjusting to the new ship. I absolutely love my kiev, its probably my favorite ship in the game. and the Khaba really doesnt seem much different other than 1km less range.

Ive currently got it set up with double rudder and just gave up on stealth since 3.9s reload time keeps me lit forever anyways. Im running AFT and inertia HE. Im basically playing it like a fast as hell cruiser but it just doesnt seem to perform half as well as the kiev and its just been a frustrating experience. Ive got like 160k xp on the boat currently and have no clue how to play it evidently.

Im basically on the verge of selling it and just not looking back since its not been a fun experience getting shrekt the moment i get spotted. Smoke feels out of the question too since the range of the ship is too short to make use of it effectively.

Can anyone help me out with this cruiser, please!

[TNG]
Members
5,159 posts

I mean, you sorta missed the hayday of the khab. When it was released, it had everything going for it. every once in a while it gets something removed, like aft, 2km range, rudder shift, torps, fire rate and gun damage etc. It's still pretty good, very tanky and can pester a lot of ships, but you need to know how to bait and avoid incoming fire. The point of khab is it has three ways to reduce incoming damage.

1: it can evade shots with it's speed and turning

2: shots that end up hitting it anyway can be bounced or shattered on its 50mm plating

3: shots that end up hitting and do damage can be healed

if you aren't maintaining a 5:1  damage to damage recieved ratio, you're misplaying.

[KVLT]
[KVLT]
Members
2,302 posts
7,191 battles
33 minutes ago, Pulicat said:

I mean, you sorta missed the hayday of the khab. When it was released, it had everything going for it. every once in a while it gets something removed, like aft, 2km range, rudder shift, torps, fire rate and gun damage etc. It's still pretty good, very tanky and can pester a lot of ships, but you need to know how to bait and avoid incoming fire. The point of khab is it has three ways to reduce incoming damage.

2: shots that end up hitting it anyway can be bounced or shattered on its 50mm plating

if you aren't maintaining a 5:1  damage to damage recieved ratio, you're misplaying.

my issue is getting the damage done. like i had to take inertia HE just to do a bare minimum with that. I usually run with AP. i just cant figure out how to get the dmg results i want. theres gotta be something fundamental im missing in the playstyle

Members
5,579 posts
3,952 battles
3 hours ago, Pulicat said:

I would say if you're not maintaining a 10:1 damage to damage received ratio you're misplaying, personally.

[CUTER]
Members
3,862 posts
18,754 battles
15 hours ago, Zhoyzu said:

theres gotta be something fundamental im missing in the playstyle

Damn right. Unfortunately we can't tell what it is since you don't provide replays.

[DD214]
Members
775 posts
On 10/20/2017 at 11:45 PM, Zhoyzu said:

Ive currently got it set up with double rudder and just gave up on stealth since 3.9s reload time keeps me lit forever anyways. Im running AFT and inertia HE. Im basically playing it like a fast as hell cruiser but it just doesnt seem to perform half as well as the kiev and its just been a frustrating experience.

I still enjoy the Kiev, the Khab is a much stronger boat once you get used to him. Personally I found IFHE was not worth the points, nor was CE. As you said, it is built for speed. With that in mind my build includes the  special Engine Boost Mod 1, and both rudder mods--they mostly off-set the rudder nerf. The captain skills focus on ROF and staying alive.

59f07dd1cd83f_khabcapt.thumb.jpg.c45cd3c3928b29f0e018df4bde603f59.jpg59f07dd35f1d5_khabmods.jpg.33ca9c84d8dfb3656b5e82090e768f55.jpg

[DAKI]
[DAKI]
Members
660 posts
8,382 battles
13 hours ago, Seamus_44 said:

I still enjoy the Kiev, the Khab is a much stronger boat once you get used to him. Personally I found IFHE was not worth the points, nor was CE. As you said, it is built for speed. With that in mind my build includes the  special Engine Boost Mod 1, and both rudder mods--they mostly off-set the rudder nerf. The captain skills focus on ROF and staying alive.

59f07dd1cd83f_khabcapt.thumb.jpg.c45cd3c3928b29f0e018df4bde603f59.jpg59f07dd35f1d5_khabmods.jpg.33ca9c84d8dfb3656b5e82090e768f55.jpg

did what you said with the spood bust. 10/10 ship. Lol nerfs what nerfs?

[DD214]
Members
775 posts
2 hours ago, awildpervert said:

did what you said with the spood bust. 10/10 ship. Lol nerfs what nerfs?

:cap_win: It's a great boat

Members
1,324 posts
95 battles
On 10/21/2017 at 11:45 AM, Zhoyzu said:

Im running AFT and inertia HE.

IFHE doesn't do much good to Khaba. It's better to spend 4 skill points elsewhere. Base HE penetration of 130mm shell is 21mm, which is sufficient to pen superstructures of BBs/CAs, but not enough for deck armor or bows. With IFHE you get 27mm of HE pen, which is enough to additionally pen bows of most cruisers, but not much else. How often would you be shooting cruiser bows? Is that really worth spending 4 points on? 

I just got my Khaba last night and on the very first outing got almost 120k damage done. She seems very fun, though the lack of range is infuriating.

Edited by geser98

[-K-]
Members
586 posts
10,736 battles
On 10/27/2017 at 7:30 PM, geser98 said:

IFHE doesn't do much good to Khaba. It's better to spend 4 skill points elsewhere. Base HE penetration of 130mm shell is 21mm, which is sufficient to pen superstructures of BBs/CAs, but not enough for deck armor or bows. With IFHE you get 27mm of HE pen, which is enough to additionally pen bows of most cruisers, but not much else. How often would you be shooting cruiser bows? Is that really worth spending 4 points on? 

I just got my Khaba last night and on the very first outing got almost 120k damage done. She seems very fun, though the lack of range is infuriating.

If you want to pick on cruisers with IFHE, Tashkent does a better job as it can stay safer (with its much better range and nearly-as-good speed). It's of limited use against tier X cruisers, but you'll get a considerable amount of extra damage against tier VIII-IX, as well as Des Moines which 130mm IFHE will simply shred. But I only recommend picking those fights at 14-15km in Tashkent, not in shorter Khab engagement ranges where the HP trade is often not sustainable.