You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
admscotty

More Matchmaker shenanigans

6 comments in this topic

Members
12 posts
5,277 battles

So I just played a match which was completely unbalanced by the matchmaker, despite the ability to actually make the teams balanced.

Each team had 1-VIII CV,  1-X BB,  4-VIII BB's, 2-X Cruisers...  The remaining slots were Team A:   2-VIII DD, 2-VIII Cruiser, Team B: 2-IX DD, 2-IX Cruiser

in what world is Benson Kagero Hipper Hipper = Roon Roon Yugumo Yugumo

4x T8 vs 4x T9 is utter BROKEN and easily remedyable by swapping any 2 of the 4 ships.

worldofwarships 2017-10-20 20-48-55-43.bmp

[POP]
Members
1,274 posts
8,730 battles

I've noticed that MM doesn't always follow the top tier rule for DDs anymore. 

[HINON]
[HINON]
Beta Testers
5,913 posts
5,424 battles

lol I'd rather have Benson, Benson, Hipper, Hipper than Yugumo, Yugumo, Roon, Roon.

It's a lot easier for 2 Bensons to decisively tip the scale than it is for 2 Yugumos and it's a lot harder for 2 Roons to tip the scale than 2 Bensons. On the same token, the 2 hippers are less likely to blow it than the 2 Yugumos.

Members
12 posts
5,277 battles
29 minutes ago, Captain_Dorja said:

lol I'd rather have Benson, Benson, Hipper, Hipper than Yugumo, Yugumo, Roon, Roon.

It's a lot easier for 2 Bensons to decisively tip the scale than it is for 2 Yugumos and it's a lot harder for 2 Roons to tip the scale than 2 Bensons. On the same token, the 2 hippers are less likely to blow it than the 2 Yugumos.

you read that list incorrect... only 1 of those 2 are bensons... the other was a kagero.

[DUMPS]
Members
1 post
3,337 battles

Matchmaking in general has gotten really bad this last year. Of my last 12 games 10 of them were two tier up pairs. They basically just want you to buy premiums to rush T10 and skip the misery of 5,7,8

[HINON]
[HINON]
Beta Testers
5,913 posts
5,424 battles
7 hours ago, Captain_Dumpus said:

Matchmaking in general has gotten really bad this last year. Of my last 12 games 10 of them were two tier up pairs. They basically just want you to buy premiums to rush T10 and skip the misery of 5,7,8

Tier 7 will get favorable match making a lot. 5 and 8 can get pretty rough MM for sure, but tier 7 doesn't.