Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Capt_Pepper

changes to the new smoke

7 comments in this topic

[PS1HQ]
Members
44 posts
35,323 battles

Well as a DD I find myself rendered all most useless. Smoke is only good for firing torps. A DD no longer an get points using is guns unless it wants to die. I notice ships seem to be able to easily dodge the torps also. I will keep trying to do better with the new prams but if what happened to me in last battle happens to other DD players than I don't think running DD will be much fun. 

[5D7]
Alpha Tester
2,716 posts
4,076 battles

So a whopping 0.9 km extra to your detection radius in smoke (2.9 km now as opposed to 2.0 assured) has killed your DD play?

• Cool 2

[TOAST]
[TOAST]
Members
981 posts
8,708 battles

Can't tell if serious or just click bait.

The smoke change was a buff to DD. 

Do you understand how amazing that is? A buff... to destroyers! :Smile_ohmy: The earth's magnetic poles must have reversed or something.

[HINON]
Members
10,937 posts

OP you might want to reread how the smoke changes work as you dont seem to grasp how little it effects DDs firing from smoke.

• Cool 1

Members
731 posts
4,180 battles

I bought the Kutuzov the night before the changes.  And I have played the Kutuzov 3 times since.  And since you stay at range and use the great guns and reload and smoke is just an extra obscurity, it hasn't affected the gameplay much at all.

Hence, 3 matches, 3 wins, 3 survivals.  Which, for me, is amazing!

~B

[5D]
Members
2,753 posts
16,605 battles
33 minutes ago, Capt_Pepper said:

Well, it sure seem to have effected me. Oh well if it gets to me too bad I just go back to CA and kill DD

And what DDs are you playing that are so badly impacted by a the buff to DD smoke?

Sign in to follow this