Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
desmo_2

Game moments that make you want to smash your forehead into the keyboard...

12 comments in this topic

[O_O]
Members
5,167 posts
11,750 battles

Based on the image below, who do you think got blamed for this loss?

w9H7BNy.jpg

That's right...THIS guy.  The salty one's logic hurt my head.

Please share your "are you serious?!?" moments.

• Cool 1

[DLC]
Members
1,193 posts
4,597 battles

logic:

"hey that guy's still alive! it must be because he's a coward and done nothing. It can't be that he's better than me and knows how to play, that would be admitting I'm the worse player!"

blame: its a coping mechanism for the potatoes...

• Cool 1

Members
837 posts
5,004 battles

Oh wow. Just yesterday I had a tier 9 game in my KGV, where I got disconnected at the start and loaded in late. 4-cap domination game, most of the teams went A/B. I was close to C and saw a full health enemy Scharn at D, so I headed there. Other KGV on my team started calling me out for cowardice, or something. Apparently he doesn't notice enemy ships on the minimap, just friendlies. Found the Scharn, duelled and killed him, bashed a Pensacola, Atago and then a Lion on my way back. We managed to win, so not a sad story like your one was. Came second on xp in a tier 9 game, after a Scharnhorst (well done), and a big middle finger to that other KGV who didn't do well at all.

[OPEC]
[OPEC]
Members
962 posts
5,259 battles

You can have very strong games in the Tirpitz in a losing effort and it's always your fault...  because you are driving a Tirpitz (and therefore must be a newb or WW).

Edited by delp5117

[V_KNG]
Beta Testers
10,983 posts
10 minutes ago, Snargfargle said:

Did you happen to notice how much Chuck Connors looks like Arnold at the end of the video? 

[RLGN]
Members
10,641 posts
19,797 battles
34 minutes ago, desmo_2 said:

That's right...THIS guy.  The salty one's logic hurt my head.

Please share your "are you serious?!?" moments.

Obviously you didn't expose yourself like a bear doing 'you-know-what' in the woods, and thus die gloriously to spot the enemy team foe all of 10-20 seconds. Never mind you probably spotted most of the enemy team for most of the game; sank an enemy destroyer ot two threatening some friendly, smoked said friendlys up so they wouldn't get shot at; shot at and torped the enemy a few times, and maybe capped while you were at it.

You were a destroyer alive near the end, (maybe?) so obviously you didn't do enough...

Been there a few times myself...

Beta Testers
715 posts
3,660 battles

FaceDesk moments?

Every time the match begins and I see the CA line, with their MyopTastic® TunnelVision Wear Eyeglasses equipped, overextend themselves to get in range of the first target they see. They promptly poop themselves and try to turn out far too late as they're now in range of 4-5+ ships. They either exit silently in shame and/or chagrin or they fill the chat with their :etc_swear: about how it's everyone elses fault and commence to play the WoWS in-game-chat-side-game of DeadSeat Driver, Corpse Co-Pilot and Salty the Sad Sailor.

Me: "I said to stick together and wait for the BBs at the start of the match - not go charging in.."

Them: ":etc_swear:" etc.

It's amazing how many matches I've had recently where my whole team is down by 1/3 of our fleet by the 17:00 to 16:00 mark(that's 3-4 minutes INTO the match mind you). Don't get me wrong: I DO make plenty of mistakes and am the first to criticize myself and offer an apology to the team for my derpy decision that led to my death.

...and no: It's NOT just CA's - they just evaporate faster while the BBs with the same Modus Operandi mash their W key wishing their ship was as fast as their soon-to-be scuttled ship will sink.

I know you're talking about specific games where one played well, and sadly lost, caught blame for not overcoming impossible odds or being unable to pull a rabbit win out of your behind - we all have those. What most often prevents THOSE GAMES you speak of being wins is - the mentality of people who commit to the same erroneous ..strategy(?!?:Smile_facepalm:) again and again and again... I've nearly caused myself aneurysms over trying to wrap my head around the "WHY?". I refuse to let it stress me out any longer and just try to do my best with those remaining who are playing with a full deck. The truly frustrating thing is - They're WASTING MY TIME!

I always say that it's like trying to cure a headache by repeatedly smashing your head against a brick wall. To each their own I suppose.

[DLC]
Members
1,193 posts
4,597 battles

I can tell you this one match in the Hindenburg...

I had just come off of a 259k loss in the Hindenburg, bittersweet but I figured I'd try again and see what happens. We load in , on Haven, south spawn in a Domination game. I spend the first half of the match kiting in my cap trying to stop two Iowa/Missouri from pushing right-side cap. Burn em both down and manage to pick off a Des Moines who was island hugging. Seeing that I was still in cap, a Kagero what was I doing for the team? I basically tell him, "3 kills, 180k and you?" He proceeds to bag on me but I just shrug it off cause who cares...

So our team starts falling, and eventually its me and the Kagero vs 2 GKs, a Shima, and an enemy Kagero. GKs both have over 50k HP (I think one was on 80K), the shima was on 16k, and the Kag was on 4k; I was still in the green and the Kagero still had 50% of his HP. I tell him, Im ready to assist if he can just keep them lit and that all he needs to do is ghost and area deny cap for as long as possible. The Kagero proceeds charge the cap and gunboat the GKs, didn't even fire torps or pop smoke. Ofc he dies and then proceeds to harp on me and say I'm a shitter who cost us the game. I'm frantically trying to kill the GKs, I managed to get 2-3 fires on both, kill one and drop the other down to 20k hp. I'm charging a shima smoke cause he tried to push on me and already drop torps, the second GK was 2k hp away from dying and they win on points.

Had that Kagero just listened, he would've still been alive, I could've killed the two GKs and the shima, and we might've turned it around...

Instead I had another 268k loss in the Hindenburg and I breathed another sigh of frustration and quit for the day...

[O_O]
Members
5,167 posts
11,750 battles

I swear there is something in the water tonight!  I bought my brand new, completely stock T6 La Galissonniere and of course, I'm low tier.  I try to be cautious and make myself a nuisance, and I am hanging back a bit.  I notice someone in chat is railing on me for being a coward.  Err, okay?  I haven't said squat to anyone!  At that point I had 2 kills, a cap assist and 95,000 damage.  We are winning, and I am attempting to get another cap while taking on a Cleveland, and end up getting sunk...He calls me "trash" and continues to rail on me.

Now, I don't come close to getting my feelings hurt over this silliness, but I do find it oddly comical.  How am I the target of this stuff tonight?  :Smile_smile:  I get it every now and then, but I am on a ROLL tonight!  :Smile_teethhappy:

I ended up with 3 kills, 105k damage and a cap. The results of this game (the salty one is several spots below me):

Spoiler

jDcMXxk.jpg

I'm headed off to the salt mines once more!  :Smile_izmena:

[SPUDS]
[SPUDS]
Members
571 posts
3,384 battles

After every loss, I ask myself: what could I have done better?
but there are some games where the only answer to that is "nothing"

• Cool 1

Sign in to follow this