You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Estimated_Prophet

Oktyabrskaya Revolutsiya woes...

26 comments in this topic

[RLGN]
Members
10,704 posts
19,847 battles

One win left... One lousey win... and I'd be finished with the Oktyabrskaya Revolutsiya mission, (except for the camo task.)

Played a game and personally sucked wind; okay, my bad; I've got time for one more game before work.

100k+ battle in a T4 battleship, (Wyoming,) easy for top five.

Nope

STANDARD battle, no one ever capped, (me either, to my shame; I didn't notice until it was too late...) down to two battleships and a carrier on my side, two carriers and a battleship on the Reds.

I saw the last kill tick over the points counter to exactly equal with about three minutes left; couldn't get good damage on the battleship because made in German; and the only carrier in range managed to keep going back into stealth before I could shoot...

Timer ran down; DRAW.

Oh well; there's always after work...

Edited by Estimated_Prophet

Beta Testers
2,530 posts
21,683 battles

I took the easy way out and brought it when it first came out with that fancy camo , and I really enjoy playing her and returning some of that same HE flames back to those British Battleships and watching them burn to death      hehehehehehe

[TBOW]
Members
1,840 posts
12,498 battles
2 minutes ago, Eric_Von_Hess said:

I took the easy way out and brought it when it first came out with that fancy camo , and I really enjoy playing her and returning some of that same HE flames back to those British Battleships and watching them burn to death      hehehehehehe

I did the same too, and have been collected so far 8 crates of Free EXP, 4 crates of 250 Dubs and have gotten 3 days of premium so

[SOV]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
1,682 posts
6,777 battles

I got pretty lucky the night the mission was released. After not getting home until 7:30pm, because unexpected work things happened, I was able to knock out the 1600 base XP in two games, narrowly missing it in the first one, smashing it in the second with 2k+ base xp (thank you, based Gearing!). Second mission was done pretty quickly after that, USN DDs in smoke > Hotlanta for ribbons.

That last mission though... good grief. It took me seven games to get it; loss, loss; win (top2), loss, win (top3), loss, loss, win (top3).Then I had to play the damn thing and win one game, just one game to get my container and go to sleep after a hellish day at work. Needless to say, I didn't get to sleep until nearly 2am. :Smile_hiding:

[SYN]
[SYN]
Members
2,992 posts
10,705 battles

I know you feel... I was getting super tilted trying to finish these on Wednesday. Made it worse by being stubborn and trying to grind the Tashkent in the process :Smile_sceptic:

[TOAST]
[TOAST]
Members
982 posts
8,735 battles

Getting the crates using the Okt in randoms has been kind of tough. The MM is brutal and sometimes the potatoes are just too heavy. I put out something like 90K damage in a T7 game, capped 2 points and killed some problem ships for my team and it still wasn't enough. That's not easy when you're up against Nagatos, Gneis, belfasts and all the other scary things in T7 that you see in T5mm. I did get the two crates I am able to get so far but damn... :Smile-_tongue::Smile_sceptic:

Edited by Vekta408

[SYN]
Members
15,332 posts
12,337 battles

Against Ze Germans, fire HE.

[V_KNG]
Beta Testers
10,999 posts

Tinfoil hat theory states your mission progress is charted so that as you get closer your teams get worse. I too have but one of the top 5 win matches remaining. I've been in the top 3 or number one slot enough times to know how frustrating it can be when it turns into a loss. What I found out last night was to forget the mission, completely. Just forget it. Go play a regular game, focused on playing a good game, if not a great one. It works and gets you past that stupid loss after loss after loss. 

So here in a few minutes, after playing some Don't Starve, I'll give it a go and follow my own advice. :fish_cute_2:

Members
4,034 posts
8,709 battles
1 hour ago, Eric_Von_Hess said:

Du hast recht gesagt! (right on!).

Also heheheheh (Schadenfreude for those verdammte Brits)

[RLGN]
Members
10,704 posts
19,847 battles
17 minutes ago, Herr_Reitz said:

Tinfoil hat theory states your mission progress is charted so that as you get closer your teams get worse.

Things I see sure make me wonder about that at times...

LIke one of the T8 campaign missions for Shinonome; 100 secondary battery module hits or somesuch...Got up to about 75-ish and couldn't get a secondary hit to save my life... Dribbed and drabbed onesey-twosies for nearly two weeks; then got 20-30 in two battles to go WAY over the top.

Members
4,384 posts

I find with these type of missions that I have no problem, until its the mission I need.  Like getting 1600XP which is coming up for me.  Had back to back games to day with over 2k each.  Just before getting the mission to sink 7 ships, had a game where I sank 6, then went on a dry spell.  Its like the game knows what I need, and then just pulls it out from under me, you know, like Charlie Brown.

• Cool 1

Members
340 posts
5,690 battles
3 hours ago, Estimated_Prophet said:

One win left... One lousey win... and I'd be finished with the Oktyabrskaya Revolutsiya mission, (except for the camo task.)

Yeah I feel your pain sir.

I am one win away too. Started that run last night in my stock Amagi. Got the first win in the first match. Had a blinder of a run. Blowing holes in ships left and right. Came first or second on the scoreboard. Second match almost a carbon copy of the first. I'm Rambo of the seas. A battlship under each arm. Right this third one is going to be easy I stupidly say to myself. The third match nothing went right. It was a dd heavy match, five of the buggers and I think it threw me off enough that I made some stupid choices which ended the match early for me. Several matches later it's obvious Rambo has left the building to be replaced by Mr Magoo. The one match we won I played so poorly I didn't even bother looking at the scoreboard because I knew I was no where near the top.

On the plus side though I now have enough XP to upgrade the hull. I just need to make enough credits to pay for it. :cap_hmm:

[WOLFD]
Members
112 posts
3,376 battles

Got mine free today ! Enjoyed the challenge of the missions. Once I stopped trying and went back to having fun the wins came.  :cap_like:

Edited by SkeletonDenial

[RKLES]
Beta Testers
471 posts
7,246 battles

I have no interest in this BB, but I feel compelled to keep working on missions.  I'm stuck on the 1600 base XP right now.

[SYN]
[SYN]
Members
7,714 posts
11,758 battles

My woes are different.

Spoiler

OkCIdpa.png

Covered in 125mm side plating with a 38mm deck, completely immune to 152mm guns except for tiny dispersed superstructure and tiny bow. 125mm beats AP up to a pretty good range. Double-fire is countered by rapid repair party.

Completely stupid against cruisers. Completely awful against torpedo boats. Poor against battleships. Bad balance.

[ABDA]
Beta Testers
17,504 posts
12,810 battles
5 hours ago, Estimated_Prophet said:

Played a game and personally sucked wind; okay, my bad; I've got time for one more game before work.

100k+ battle in a T4 battleship, (Wyoming,) easy for top five.

Nope

STANDARD battle, no one ever capped, (me either, to my shame; I didn't notice until it was too late...) down to two battleships and a carrier on my side, two carriers and a battleship on the Reds.

I saw the last kill tick over the points counter to exactly equal with about three minutes left; couldn't get good damage on the battleship because made in German; and the only carrier in range managed to keep going back into stealth before I could shoot...

Timer ran down; DRAW.

Oh well; there's always after work...

I'll div with you if you want OP if you're still available

[RLGN]
Members
10,704 posts
19,847 battles
1 hour ago, crzyhawk said:

I'll div with you if you want OP if you're still available

Was on break at work, home now. Will be a bit before I'm actually in-game.

[NZS]
393 posts
10,276 battles

Just earned mine today, definitely an odd-duck of a Battleship.  Fun but weird.

[TG-38]
1,307 posts
7,995 battles

If maybe I can get a team that has a better overall winrate, I can finish off the last two wins I need (in top 5).

I really hate the challenges. It brings out the bads in force.

Playing this game sometimes is watching the Cleveland Browns on Sunday :)  

Don't miss this as well https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oZzgAjjuqZM

Go Browns! Win a Game this year! Kinda like WoWS this past month for me. Yeah, I'm watching on Matchmaking Monitor. WG hates me.

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
7,722 posts
20,718 battles

I bought the ship and just finished the mission. Got another 6 point captain and a port slot... I may have gotten credits, not sure honestly. Anyone know how many credits you get if you already own the ship?

[ARGSY]
5,962 posts
21,911 battles

Finished mine in 14 games. Needed 3 for the 1600 baseXP, 5 for the 500 ribbons (2 times unlucky, no one came near me to brawl in my KM BB, switched to Atlanta and Mino), 2 loss, 1 win at number 6 and 3 win top 5. Bought the camo and have half of the gold back with 2 250 gold container. Done within a few hours.

Members
340 posts
5,690 battles

All that blood sweat and tears was worth it. This is my first match in it. Like it so far and I'm pretty rubbish in BB's .

octob1.jpg

Edited by Terkoz

[4HIM]
Members
2,395 posts
7,404 battles

So if you've completed the first two challenges, but then just wallet the ship, do you still get all the mods that went with completing those first two challenges?  Just curious.

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
7,722 posts
20,718 battles
On 10/21/2017 at 7:01 AM, ZARDOZ_II said:

So if you've completed the first two challenges, but then just wallet the ship, do you still get all the mods that went with completing those first two challenges?  Just curious.

I think if you already won them you don't lose anything, even your place in the mission. I bought her first day and still managed to farm all the rewards for playing the whole mission. I bought the "middle" package and got a 6 point captain with purchase. Later when I completed everything, got a second 6 point captain and a port slot. Instead of a second ship, I think I got lots of credits but honestly did not notice those.