Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
ArnoldSchoenberg

Clemson Sealclubbing build?

8 comments in this topic

[ARMDG]
Members
3,243 posts
1,579 battles
5 minutes ago, Unabletony said:

This, plus TAE

TAE only takes 6 seconds off the torp reload, so I think superintendent is a better pick.

[WOLF4]
Members
1,091 posts
4,681 battles
14 minutes ago, Unabletony said:

This, plus TAE

Meh, you're not running your Clemson as a torp boat. It's a gun boat. If you have to choose between TAE and Superintendent it's no contest. 

I basically take anything on the Clemson that makes the guns better. Except CE. I tried for a while without CE and, while you can still make the boat work, you're constantly kiting. 

[FAE]
Members
2,350 posts
2,886 battles

... I really doubt not having CE is wise. She's still a relatively close ranged gun boat, only hitting far when its smoked up right? Supertintendent. 

No Survivability Expert? 

PT LS BFT CE

AFT AR (SuperInt or DE or SE) 

I don't think you need TAE. 

[RLGN]
Members
10,703 posts
19,847 battles
6 minutes ago, DingBat said:

I basically take anything on the Clemson that makes the guns better. Except CE.

I'm just the opposite; to me Clemson is a torpedo boat with great guns. Anything that lets me get into position to use the torpedoes is the way I go. The guns are for self-defence or for shootind at distracted Reds.

I've killed more things with torpedoes than guns anyway.

[PLPT]
Members
9,915 posts
11,669 battles

I will say this... a CLEMSON with IFHE is the best Clemson you can get....hands down troll shell slinging saltmining tear getting ship...
PM Is not as important as PT for tier one.. Turrets are somewhat fast enough that BM is hit meh at best, better to get torps loading faster anyway.. SI is  a MUST..
DE and IFHE are two peas in a pod..
CE is great, not SUPER NEED TO HAVE great but it is very important if you use an IFHE build and those guns never stop...
SE is a waste of points at tier 4

last stand is very important if you are using more guns than torps...
And on that.. with a range of 5.5 KM and det beyond that at 6.3,,,, I am trying to see how some one thinks that guns are secondary...
Ah well to each his own, I digress..
I , yes, have torp'd MANY a BB in this clubber, but the guns are main focus of choice.. and again, an IFHE build is trollish for all ships in the battles it sees... with tier 4 MM protection somewhat good, it does make for fun games..
PT
SI : LS or AR

DE SI

IFHE
CE
That is a fantastic build for guns blazing moving about and sending torps to turn ships...
I ahve used a few different builds for mine.. and that one s th emost fun..it might not be the best for surviving a lot if you are not good at GUNBOAT DD Tactics... but it is trollish fun...
Torp reload and range for guns is a good one...
Find whats better for YOU and what YOU think your style is better at...

Edited by pmgaudio

Sign in to follow this