You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.

8 comments in this topic

[NGAGE]
Members
1,396 posts
8,058 battles

Okay! This time I made a very simple tool.

Think of it as kind of an intro to the wargaming api. It provides ship/player statistics only in their raw form as produced by the API. 

interface.JPG.f049ffe7eff9623e8bf57cca3b780276.JPG

All you have to do is enter the tier, select a statistic to search for, and enter a clan tag.

(Leaving any of the three blank will turn the sheet off.)

The sheet will then do the following:

1) Pull up all of the possible ships of that tier.

2) Find the names of every player in that clan.

3) Search through the Wargaming API for that single statistic that you've selected for each ship/ player combination.

If nothing was found for a ship/player combination it shows nothing.

This is a very data intensive way of going about searching for statistics as google doesn't play nice with wargaming. However it gives the user far more flexibility over finding the raw statistics. If you are a user that wants more information regarding the raw statistics from wargaming on a clan wide scale, then this tool is for you.

This allows the user to search for each and every ship/player combination statistic that Wargaming makes available to the public.

You will not find Average Damage for example. You will however be able to find the total damage done by that ship, for that player, over its entire history. You may also find the number of battles of that ship/player combination. One needs both of those stats to yield the average damage. These are the raw statistics, not the finalized and processed statistics one may find on a regular 3rd party website or on one of my other sheets.

If this appeals to you, then you may use the following link to create your own copy of the sheet.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1zSX-geiUW_Ku7JkOUGZGI2lLoaVm79jJFq5XbUklqd8/copy

Don't overuse it. Google places a daily limit on the amount of JSON data a user may search for. If you reach that limit (you'll know as the sheet will simply either show a bunch of errors or will completely refuse to show any more data), merely wait until the next day. Google resets the limit every day. My other sheets are specifically targeted at reducing the amount of import calls. This one does not.

Edited by Spartias

[BBC]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
366 posts
5,748 battles

not working for me

[BBC]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
366 posts
5,748 battles

i enter the tier and a stat and the clan tags it pulls up the members in the clan and all the ships of the tier but it loads no stats

[NGAGE]
Members
1,396 posts
8,058 battles
20 hours ago, ironhidex said:

i enter the tier and a stat and the clan tags it pulls up the members in the clan and all the ships of the tier but it loads no stats

What stat are you looking up?

*edit*

It can take a while. Each of the different ship/player combinations is its own ping to wargaming. Each of those cells will load at a different rate. How much time are you giving it? It normally takes me around 30 seconds to a minute to finish loading.

Edited by Spartias

[NGAGE]
Members
1,396 posts
8,058 battles

If it's not working then you may need to do the following:

1) Go to the "Tools" drop down at the top of the screen and then select "Script Editor"

2) Once there, you should see another drop down menu bar at the top of the new screen called "Run". You should find as an option inside of "Run" called "ImportJson"

3) Click on "ImportJson" and attempt to run it. It will likely tell you that you need to authorize it since it trying to pull information from outside of google in a format that it's not familiar with. Review the permissions and grant them for your account.

Once you have given the sheet permission to use the new function "ImportJson" it should work from then on.

This is an error I've seen only lately. I think Google is stepping up it's security game or something. Json data is how Wargaming operates its API. To interface with it, you need to use Json data. Google doesn't support any import methods natively for Json. So I added a custom script that creates importjson functionality.

[NGAGE]
Members
1,396 posts
8,058 battles
23 hours ago, NotSynpax said:

Here, I made an improved version. 

penandpaper.jpg

tenor.gif

[SWOB]
Beta Testers
486 posts
3,793 battles
On 10/22/2017 at 1:20 PM, Spartias said:

If it's not working then you may need to do the following:

1) Go to the "Tools" drop down at the top of the screen and then select "Script Editor"

2) Once there, you should see another drop down menu bar at the top of the new screen called "Run". You should find as an option inside of "Run" called "ImportJson"

3) Click on "ImportJson" and attempt to run it. It will likely tell you that you need to authorize it since it trying to pull information from outside of google in a format that it's not familiar with. Review the permissions and grant them for your account.

Once you have given the sheet permission to use the new function "ImportJson" it should work from then on.

This is an error I've seen only lately. I think Google is stepping up it's security game or something. Json data is how Wargaming operates its API. To interface with it, you need to use Json data. Google doesn't support any import methods natively for Json. So I added a custom script that creates importjson functionality.

I couldn't get it to run. :( The ImportJson is not there for me.

Love your work, though!!! Hope there is a way to fix it.