Trevzor

Staff Q+A for 0.6.12 - Ask your questions here!

• You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.

61 posts in this topic

t's that time again, Captains!

Have some questions you would like to ask for our 0.6.12 Q+A? Then you are in the right place. Feel free to ask away and we will choose some of the most interesting questions and have them answered for you. Make sure your questions are in by Sunday 5pm Pacific time. 

Can you look into the Oktober Revolution events and understand why people have had their mission progress reset?

There are numerous posts on this and contacting support has not been helpful for me so far.

---

Is there any plan to adopt the best practices such as +/- 1 MM from World of Warplanes into WoWS?

Edited by enderland07

In World of Warplanes 2, there are features like daily missions handed out based on the plane type that give players an idea of what kind of actions they should be taking when playing those plane types.  Would it be possible to introduce similar "role" ribbons for ship types in WoWS?

There appears to be something different with gunnery sounds, i.e. a lot of new sounds when reloading, firing, and aiming the guns in sniper view. They are also loud, could you comment about that whether it was intentional or not? I could just be crazy about it though.

Also, Torpillows when? :fish_cute_2:

ol64xpk.jpg

6 minutes ago, Doomlock said:

There appears to be something different with gunnery sounds, i.e. a lot of new sounds when reloading, firing, and aiming the guns in sniper view. They are also loud, could you comment about that whether it was intentional or not? I could just be crazy about it though.

Your not crazy Doomlock I noticed that as well.

Also quick Q for you @Trevzor about operations: Why can't we have the rewards be re-earnable every time the scenario comes around? I know that the idea of giving away free premium time and captains was the reason, but why not change those rewards once you earn them? Why not replace the ten pt captain with something like 10 special flags or 10 containers? And replace the 1 day of premium with a super container? That way people will have a reason to return to operations? I know @Pigeon_of_War said he forwarded the idea to you guys (thanks BTW Pigeon) and I was just wondering what the thoughts were on that.

Its being reverted supposedly but why were Mikasa's and Ishizuchi's names on their stern removed from the ships?

17 minutes ago, Fog_Repair_Ship_Akashi said:

Your not crazy Doomlock I noticed that as well.

Also quick Q for you @Trevzor about operations: Why can't we have the rewards be re-earnable every time the scenario comes around? I know that the idea of giving away free premium time and captains was the reason, but why not change those rewards once you earn them? Why not replace the ten pt captain with something like 10 special flags or 10 containers? And replace the 1 day of premium with a super container? That way people will have a reason to return to operations? I know @Pigeon_of_War said he forwarded the idea to you guys (thanks BTW Pigeon) and I was just wondering what the thoughts were on that.

Hey Fog

These are some great ideas, thanks for posting them +1

Really interested in the future of Type93 torpedos on Shimakaze.

And a classic question: do you plan to buff/change Izumo? :)

Why is the smoke firing penalty not linear based on gun caliber and instead have some sort of relation on base detection?  It makes zero sense for a Zao with 203's to have a visibility of 7.2km while firing from smoke while a Kutuzov with 152's having a visibility of 7.7km in what World does this make any sense to anyone?  Ships of the same class same caliber all having different visibility while firing from smoke?  I am all for the change, but this should have been a linear thing based on caliber alone after all you are in smoke undetected until you fire your guns, that is the only thing that changes, therefore gun caliber should be the only determining factor to base smoke firing visibility.

What are the chances of getting an additional clan role that has the ability for orchestrate a clan battle but doesn't have the other permissions provided to officers?

We didn't originally have enough officers available to get everyone playing clan battles on the opening nights.

As a workaround, we have to assign multiple "recruiter roles" to field multiple groups. This is an ad-hoc method that doesn't seem ideal. Fortunately, our clan has trustworthy members, so we don't need to worry about abuse, but I'm sure there are other clans that might not feel comfortable with this.

Thanks.

Edited by Kombat_W0MBAT

When is the next Rank season?

I just need to schedule my psychotherapy.  I get a discount for being former law enforcement and a WoWS player.  As a matter of fact they have a group discount coming up!  Hit me up if you are a psychotic Ranked maven like me, I can get you in.

Will the Izumo ever get replaced with something as much fun as say... any other tech tree's tier 9 battleship?

Will there be T5 only scenarios?  Right now I am collecting T5 premiums and am looking for a reason to play them.

Do you have plans to make a Premium German Destroyer -- the Americans, Japanese, & Russians have them (heck - the Brits got one and they don't have a destroyer line)  ???

Can we have the option to skip the cut scene for opening containers?

Also be able to open any containers we have all at once?

With the various changes, updates and additions made to WoWs's tech trees, are there any plans to create additional training videos or redo the current ones to incorporate them?

What is the plan now that the Hms Belfast and Mutuzov are removed from the ingame tech tree? Is it to come out with new premiums or to re-balance the ships and release them?

Are my ships and blocked from me for Clan battles???!!!  I WANT THE SHIPS AND CAPTAINS I HAVE EARNED AVAILABLE TO ME.   I DONT CARE ABOUT CLAN BATTLE AND CARE ABOUT WOWS LESS EACH SECOND 

Is the way Radar works (seeing through land masses) a limitation of the game engine or is it an intentional feature of the game? Why or why not? Please discuss........

Thank you...............

Edited by Wyngs_2015

Where can I post a general invitation to get people to join my DKL WOW clan?

There needs to be a general post place so that people like myself who know hardly anyone can simply post and have people join the clan. I am missing out on all the fun Clan stuff and want to get a group together to play and take advantage of that type of game play.

Hi, why is the GPU usage in port so high ,while in game it decreases? In my case with a 1080ti the fan rpm goes crazy high up to 4800 rpm to try to keep the card cool. While in the same time in game it is at least 10-15 degrees cooler

Hi, I played this game more than one year. The 0.6.12 patch is the worst patch in my wows experience. I just want to know are you satisfact for the new smoke system? I used to help my teammates during the point capping and defending, becasue the smoke can cover me from these smoke CA/CL ( like Kutuzov or RN CL). But right now, if I still play like this I will be killed by these ships, which makes me can only shoot at 20-18km. You guys said the new smoke system make the game looks like more engage. But I want to remind you guys, the engage game is not equal to suicide. By the way, you guys said the BBs should be the role that can effectively destory CA/CL, but in my own opoinion BBs are really easily destroied by setting fire from CA. What's going on with this game?????? At last, plz plz plz plz dont develop the ships like RN BBs and Franch CA that can only set fires and sick others. (I have both of these ships but I am not really enjoy play them.)

I know I have asked this before somewhat but...When or will we ever get Akagi? we have Kaga now and have had her for a decent amount of time now and it would all make sense with Kaga being placed at Tier 7 since she is a Tosa-Class Battleship which were modifications or developments of the Nagatos while Akagi is an Amagi-Class BattleCruiser (Which were also in turn further modifications and developments of the Tosas)(Also meaning that a decent amount Battleships and BattleCruisers were all developed from Nagato in that it goes Nagato-Tosa-Amagi-and then finally Kii with Number 13-Class, Yamato-Class and A-150 Super Yamato-Class being separate...this also means Nagato and Mutsu kinda have lots of little Battleship and BattleCruiser Babies!) that was converted to an Aircraft Carrier and could be placed at Tier 8 since we have Saipan and some time ago Enterprise so with Tiers and order of Classes it kinda makes sense Kaga at T7 and Akagi at T8? We Want The Kido Butai! We Want The Bauxite Queen! We Want Akagi x Kaga! Like I get that you said in "We play specifics about future plans pretty close to the chest, so the “WHEN IS (FEATURE/SHIP) HAPPENING?” questions rarely get specific answers" on the 0.6.11 Answers but I'm not quite asking for an exact date or something just will we get Akagi or if we will get her? just will we ever get our Precious Bauxite Queen~?

Why the hell is the MM still F'ed 25 games in a row bottom tier every game tier 6,7,8.  why is this?

Are we getting any new maps soon just curious I would like to see a lot more options for all tiers 

Question,

who is it you still have not found a way to fix the Carrier mini map in the game so that your carrier always views from the bottom of the map by default?